Author Topic: The Rise Of The Alta -Male (anti Masculine men)  (Read 960 times)

Offline mirraflake

The Rise Of The Alta -Male (anti Masculine men)
« on: July 21, 2016, 08:30:33 pm »
Men who are caring, emotional, men who knit..

(We are fricken screwed-as Laura Inghram pointed out last night,  man buns and skinny pants) On a side note my town just opened and His and Hers  Nail salon-not kidding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3699179/Rise-alta-male-runs-counts-calories-KNITS-going-pub-test-reveals-makes-grade.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:32:04 pm by mirraflake »

geronl

Re: The Rise Of The Alta -Male (anti Masculine men)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53:02 pm »
Another thread about the Trumps, jeesh.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 09:04:37 pm »
Not really all that bad...even though I'm not a knitting kind of guy... :whistle:

Around 40 per cent [up from 31%] of those polled said their definition of success meant being a good father or husband.

And more than 75 per cent said they would change their career to spend more time with their family.

Alta-males want to engineer a rewarding work/life balance in which they play an active role in their children's upbringing rather than communicating through hard cash

This sounds like there may be a bit of a turn in the culture wars?  Has the left gone too far and the pendulum is coming back?

The family unit is essential to civilized society, sounds like many of these alta-males are for that.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:19:25 pm »
Another thread about the Trumps, jeesh.

You truly have Trump derangement syndrome.. Nothing in the article is about  any of the Trumps.

@geronl

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 04:24:44 pm »
I know a man who knits and he's about as much of a man's man as they come.

There's a difference between caring about family, being sensitive, and the like... and being effeminate wussies.

The ideal man strikes the balance without becoming a caricature of either extreme.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 04:38:54 pm »
I know a man who knits and he's about as much of a man's man as they come.

There's a difference between caring about family, being sensitive, and the like... and being effeminate wussies.

The ideal man strikes the balance without becoming a caricature of either extreme.

I know one man who knits and he is an old Marine (no such thing as former) who is about as salt of the earth man as you know. He just believes in keep his hands always busy and he learned that sitting with his grandmother as a kid she taught him so he wouldn't run around when he was staying with them. He told me it keeps his mind clear and his hands busy. He is the type who like to make everything he has, he doesn't like to be dependent so he knows a lot of stereotypical 'girly' skills.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 04:42:03 pm »
If you are worried about appearing masculine - you aren't a man.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 05:16:22 pm »
If you are worried about appearing masculine - you aren't a man.
Agreed. The article tends to play a lot of emphasis on men that are trying to get or stay in shape and I'm not seeing how that is part of being an Alta-Male. Maybe if it's only for looks, but real men should be in shape to defend their family and serve their country. Teddy Roosvelt advocated that and he's the Patron Saint of Manliness. It was the image being a tub of lard with a beer gut parked in front of the TV that was inconsistent with the traditional view of manliness. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour