Author Topic: I am switching parties - no longer can call myself a Republican  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
After 30 years as a registered Republican, voting in every election that I can and even working as a precinct captain, I can no longer call myself a Republican.  I am done with the party that is run by the globalist and seeks to minimize the voice of the grass roots.  Trump says he does not need the vote of Conseratives.  Fine, that frees me to vote my heart.  And with that, I will be switching my party affiliation to the Constitution Party.

I invite those who have likewise been disenfranchised to join me.

Offline Suppressed

Re: I am switching parties - no longer can call myself a Republican
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:45:54 pm »
After 30 years as a registered Republican, voting in every election that I can and even working as a precinct captain, I can no longer call myself a Republican.  I am done with the party that is run by the globalist and seeks to minimize the voice of the grass roots.  Trump says he does not need the vote of Conseratives.  Fine, that frees me to vote my heart.  And with that, I will be switching my party affiliation to the Constitution Party.

I invite those who have likewise been disenfranchised to join me.

I'very been a Republican my whole adult life, and even held local office as a Republican. But now that the party has lurched away from Good. Decency, and the Constitution, I can no longer associate with it.  I was able to switch my registration online.

I wonder how many of us there are.

I'm sure I won't be missed...after all, Donald Trump is bringing in Bernie Bots to take our places, right?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 03:56:56 pm »
I am seriously considering doing the same, except if I do, I will no longer be able to vote in my state's primary.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:57:12 pm by Eowyn »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 03:59:59 pm »
We don't have party registration in Texas, but I "officially" departed when it became clear the Republican Party was going to take Trump seriously as a presidential candidate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 04:18:06 pm »
I'very been a Republican my whole adult life, and even held local office as a Republican. But now that the party has lurched away from Good. Decency, and the Constitution, I can no longer associate with it.  I was able to switch my registration online.

I wonder how many of us there are.

I'm sure I won't be missed...after all, Donald Trump is bringing in Bernie Bots to take our places, right?

Last night was a necessary first step to that goal.  First, they had to tell all the Cruz supporters to bugger off, as soon as they're gone the Berniebots will be invited in.  The Bernibots will never come if there are any Cruz people left.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 04:26:20 pm »
I am seriously considering doing the same, except if I do, I will no longer be able to vote in my state's primary.

I do not have that to consider in my state. Thanks to a law signed by another great liberal republican, Arnold Shwarzennegar, the top two vote-getters in the primary run against each other in the general.

Meaning republicans have no candidate in the general, as the top two vote-getters are forever going to be democrats.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 04:52:48 pm »
I do not have that to consider in my state. Thanks to a law signed by another great liberal republican, Arnold Shwarzennegar, the top two vote-getters in the primary run against each other in the general.

Meaning republicans have no candidate in the general, as the top two vote-getters are forever going to be democrats.

AZ's Primary is "semi-open," meaning each party's ballots can be voted by either that party's registrants or those registered as "Independent."  I'm (R), but if McCain's Primary challenger loses I'm switching affiliation the next day (probably (I)), and vote Dem in November.  This year's Presidential Primary, which was closed, convinced me there is no point to voting in that party.  They cut down the number of polling places in my county from about 250 to 60, ensuring nobody could vote without standing in a line for a minimum of four hours.  Mrs. Liberty and I are somewhat disabled, and cannot stand for that long, so we were turned away.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: