Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21  (Read 42089 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21
« Reply #750 on: July 22, 2016, 04:54:27 am »
Geez this was a nice funny thread and then the kids from the "offical" thread come over because sink has gone to bed and now all I have is page after page of You are Ignoring This Poster... :shrug: :chairbang:
Typical Liberals. Can't stand anyone having fun.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #751 on: July 22, 2016, 04:54:39 am »
Indeed, another great thread!  Thanks to @sinkspur and everyone who participated!

Good night everyone.   :seeya:
Let it burn.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #752 on: July 22, 2016, 04:54:49 am »
The only problem with that graphic is that I believe the woman in the upper left quadrant is Donald Trump Jr.'s wife Vanessa, not Trump's daughter Ivanka.

I think you are correct.  Did not watch the speech tonight, but plan on voting for Trump.

Cant tell if Trump did well or not.  After reading both threads here, it is like two different speeches were given...

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #755 on: July 22, 2016, 04:56:58 am »
Trump's Castro-like manifesto tonight made it very certain that there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between the GOP, the Democrats OR Hillary.

That HE ALONE can fix the country - and HE can stop corporations from moving out of the country and firing their employees is every bit a Fascist and dictatorial as Benito Mussolini's prescription for Italy in 1922 was.

Now because the historical reference is offensive to the snowflakes who worship the Orange One - I imagine that they will report it and I will again be forced to edit the comment.

However, when you compare some of the speeches of Benito in the early 20s with what we heard tonight from Trump - and your hair should stand on end.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #756 on: July 22, 2016, 04:57:13 am »
I think you are correct.  Did not watch the speech tonight, but plan on voting for Trump.

Cant tell if Trump did well or not.  After reading both threads here, it is like two different speeches were given...

The party that cheers for universal childcare and other big government proposals is not my party.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #757 on: July 22, 2016, 05:00:49 am »
Trump's Castro-like manifesto tonight made it very certain that there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between the GOP, the Democrats OR Hillary.

That HE ALONE can fix the country - and HE can stop corporations from moving out of the country and firing their employees is every bit a Fascist and dictatorial as Benito Mussolini's prescription for Italy in 1922 was.

Now because the historical reference is offensive to the snowflakes who worship the Orange One - I imagine that they will report it and I will again be forced to edit the comment.

However, when you compare some of the speeches of Benito in the early 20s with what we heard tonight from Trump - and your hair should stand on end.

The prime factors

2*31^2

not

7^2*11

@don-o

@sinkspur

Online roamer_1

« Reply #758 on: July 22, 2016, 05:02:57 am »
Geez this was a nice funny thread and then the kids from the "offical" thread come over because sink has gone to bed and now all I have is page after page of You are Ignoring This Poster... :shrug: :chairbang:

ROTFLMAO!!! Oh POSTER... I never really looked that close... I thought it said POSER.

HAHAHAHAHA! I love it what my old eyes come up with sometimes!

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #759 on: July 22, 2016, 05:05:39 am »

David Rutz  @DavidRutz   

I have never heard Donald Trump laugh. Good night.

Jim Treacher@jtLOL   26m26 minutes ago

Jim Treacher Retweeted David Rutz
it's the last thing his victims ever hear

Offline billva

« Reply #760 on: July 22, 2016, 05:05:56 am »
Okay, next question. Does your mommy know you are on the computer?

Oh hurts so bad, no my mommy doesn't know I am on the computer.  She has been dead for over 10 years and would be 113 years old a little later this year.

How about yours?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #761 on: July 22, 2016, 05:09:39 am »
Oh hurts so bad, no my mommy doesn't know I am on the computer.  She has been dead for over 10 years and would be 113 years old a little later this year.

How about yours?
Mine is still kicking, and 2000 miles away. Sorry about your mom.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #762 on: July 22, 2016, 05:09:56 am »

"It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep"

Who said it?   

Offline billva

« Reply #763 on: July 22, 2016, 05:10:31 am »
What indications of rioting or destruction have you seen in postings on an internet forum?

Really.

The characterization is not warranted, is inflammatory, and is intended to cause aggravation.

Try #2 or something between #1 and #2.

Really. 

Your last line about not warranted, inflammatory and intended to cause aggravation is exactly what I read into the vast majority of posters on this thread who whined for three nights about Trump.

But then I don't take people who act like this to seriously.

Offline billva

« Reply #764 on: July 22, 2016, 05:11:20 am »
Mine is still kicking, and 2000 miles away. Sorry about your mom.

Thanks.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #765 on: July 22, 2016, 05:13:23 am »
Q: HAhHAHAAAHAHAAHA YOUR GUY LOST HAHAHAHA
 A: That's not a question.  But, yes.  He did.  Here's a little secret though... my guy always loses.  If my guys were winning, our country wouldn't be as screwed up as it is.

Ain't this the truth...

Sheesh...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #766 on: July 22, 2016, 05:13:34 am »

"It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep"

Who said it?
Benito himself, who also said, "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”. Sounds like what he wants to me.

C S Lewis

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #767 on: July 22, 2016, 05:14:31 am »
Try #2 or something between #1 and #2.

Really. 

Your last line about not warranted, inflammatory and intended to cause aggravation is exactly what I read into the vast majority of posters on this thread who whined for three nights about Trump.

But then I don't take people who act like this to seriously.
Pro and con comments have been made on the Open Thread.  Myst gave Trump good marks on his speech here.

I gave Donald junior an 'A' on his speech and Eric a B+.

Even neutral comments made on the other thread are deleted.  I know.

Why bother over there?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:15:00 am by LonestarDream »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #768 on: July 22, 2016, 05:16:14 am »
The party that cheers for universal childcare and other big government proposals is not my party.

Don't forget he's the candidate for LGBT and Q  what is Q?  And Trump is going to pull all of the Democrats in. 

I am tired of LGBT and who?  Wouldn't it just be all right to say we want to protect all citizens.  We have to call out to the gay community?  Like yeah I'm the candidate for you.  More gay rights?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #769 on: July 22, 2016, 05:16:46 am »
Benito himself, who also said, "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”. Sounds like what he wants to me.

BzzzzT.  Trick question.  They both did.

Or rather, Trump was quoting Benito..

Kelo = Corporatism

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #770 on: July 22, 2016, 05:20:08 am »
The speech and delivery both stunk.

Just dont have the emotional energy to both watch the speeches and see our community split.  From FR and now into two camps here.

I think I am the only Trump realist left on the site.  Trump and his supporters have now pushed some budding realists ( healthy) or even maybes into Nevers.

Conventions are supposed to do the opposite.

Perhaps, in this bizzarro world, Hillary will push some nevers into being realists......

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:25:58 am by LonestarDream »

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #771 on: July 22, 2016, 05:22:08 am »
Just dont have the emotional energy to both watch the speeches and see our community split.  From FR and now into two camps here.

Family now.

My father is 'disappointed' in Cruz.  :thud: 8888crybaby
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #772 on: July 22, 2016, 05:24:56 am »
Oh, is it going to be another Trump supporter full meltdown night or just your run of the mill "Your guy sucks donkey balls" insults from them?  Really, I can't wait until tomorrow to read the rest of the thread and see if any more have gone on a bender and come to take it out on us.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #773 on: July 22, 2016, 05:28:44 am »
Oh, is it going to be another Trump supporter full meltdown night or just your run of the mill "Your guy sucks donkey balls" insults from them?  Really, I can't wait until tomorrow to read the rest of the thread and see if any more have gone on a bender and come to take it out on us.

I think Myst is back and she brought a Breathalyser with her...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:29:21 am by montanajoe »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #774 on: July 22, 2016, 05:30:23 am »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.