Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21  (Read 42078 times)

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21
« Reply #325 on: July 21, 2016, 11:56:57 pm »
ALL:  You have GOT to read Jonah Goldberg today. It's a classic.

I choose Ted

Second that!!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=216792.new#new
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #326 on: July 21, 2016, 11:57:19 pm »
"America's blue-collar billionaire?" Wow.
We naively sent our daughter to Liberty University. I'd like my money back, Jerry. You're an idol worshipper.

Steve Deace
‏@SteveDeaceShow

When we say Trump doesn't have to show loyalty to our beliefs or our God, but Cruz has to show loyalty to him, we have lost our way.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #327 on: July 21, 2016, 11:57:27 pm »
Ted Newton
‏@Ted_Newton
!! Manafort on MSNBC just now saying women will vote for Trump b/c "their husbands can't afford paying for the family bills." #RNCinCLE

This may be the dumbest thing to be said by the Trump campaign all week. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #328 on: July 21, 2016, 11:58:53 pm »
Limbaugh has gone full Trumpbot, finally.  He's saying Cruz committed career suicide, that the people supporting him are in the minority, that #NeverTrumpers are flooding over to defend Trump, LOL.  And he's saying it while laughing that "heh heh heh" wheezy fat man's laugh.

This is priceless.
Actually Rush was a lot more conciliatory and understanding of Cruz than many other people in the "conservative" media especially the stooges on FOX news who roundly condemned Cruz.
He thinks Cruz probably made a mistake, but I listened to almost his whole program today, and he was almost sympathetic to Cruz. Because Limbaugh knows deep in his heart Cruz was the best candidate. He's even called him a strong conservative many times on past programs. And he had  many pro-Cruz callers on his show today.
Rush has tried to play both sides of the fence by not slamming Trump when he deserved slamming. But he looked at Cruz as the candidate of the future. He thinks he might have ruined his career, but we'll see.
I'm just negative about the whole situation anyway. A party that chooses a Trump over all the other capable candidates is a party that deserves to go down in flames.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:07 am »
According to Joe Biden we should not treat "work" like a four letter word.

I don't know about that, but I know I could really go for a taco right now.   ^-^
Let it burn.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #330 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:12 am »
"America's blue-collar billionaire?" Wow.
We naively sent our daughter to Liberty University. I'd like my money back, Jerry. You're an idol worshipper.
Real estate tycoon, author, actor, and head of countless Trump Way products is considered blue collar now? Right! I'll bet Trump has lots of calluses on his tiny hands from typing so hard every day. I’ll further bet he has blisters on his feet from having to walk from his 757 to the limo. Such a hard working manly man, almost like being a lumber jack.

I know somebody will be along shortly to tell me he’s ok.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #331 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:25 am »
Bruce Wolf ‏@BruceWolfChi  5m5 minutes ago
@KevinNR Jerry Falwell Jr. gives the go-ahead for third marriages.

Josh Barro ‏@jbarro  5m5 minutes ago
Jerry Fawell Jr. says Donald Trump, who bragged on Sunday that "I'm much more humble than you would understand," is "down to earth."

HonestJohn

« Reply #332 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:34 am »

There is only one person who can demand we, from planet Houston, kneel before him...

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #333 on: July 22, 2016, 12:01:15 am »
Ted Newton
‏@Ted_Newton
!! Manafort on MSNBC just now saying women will vote for Trump b/c "their husbands can't afford paying for the family bills." #RNCinCLE

This may be the dumbest thing to be said by the Trump campaign all week.

Just wait, The Donald speaks tonight.
Let it burn.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #334 on: July 22, 2016, 12:02:12 am »

Jerry Fawell Jr. says Donald Trump, who bragged on Sunday that "I'm much more humble than you would understand," is "down to earth."

Down to earth. And willing to fork over big donations to Liberty College in exchange for such nice words.

Silver Pines

« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2016, 12:04:07 am »
Ted STILL trending almost 24 hours later.  Notice who is NOT trending?]]

STILL?  Wow, isn't that kind of unusual?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2016, 12:04:28 am »
You guys have to slow down.  I have 6 pages to read and haven't even popped the popcorn yet.   8888crybaby

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #337 on: July 22, 2016, 12:05:12 am »
Ted STILL trending almost 24 hours later.  Notice who is NOT trending?

It appears that there are lots of people out there who are not so stupid as the Trump media and the GOPe thought!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #338 on: July 22, 2016, 12:05:17 am »
Actually Rush was a lot more conciliatory and understanding of Cruz than many other people in the "conservative" media especially the stooges on FOX news who roundly condemned Cruz.
He thinks Cruz probably made a mistake, but I listened to almost his whole program today, and he was almost sympathetic to Cruz. Because Limbaugh knows deep in his heart Cruz was the best candidate. He's even called him a strong conservative many times on past programs. And he had  many pro-Cruz callers on his show today.
Rush has tried to play both sides of the fence by not slamming Trump when he deserved slamming. But he looked at Cruz as the candidate of the future. He thinks he might have ruined his career, but we'll see.
I'm just negative about the whole situation anyway. A party that chooses a Trump over all the other capable candidates is a party that deserves to go down in flames.

When it was time to pick a side for the sake of the nation Limbaugh bravely sat on the fence.

He gets no points from me.

Levin nailed him pretty well today. Not by name, but it was clear who he was referring to.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #339 on: July 22, 2016, 12:05:26 am »
All you have to do is split the vote 3 ways in enough states, so there aren't enough electors to get any one candidate over the top. All you need is a few good second and third place finishes in just the right States, and it will throw the decision to the House of Representatives.

Just sayin.

I think the convention proved that the House of Representin' (uhn!) just go right along and pick Trump.

That's how far we've descended.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #340 on: July 22, 2016, 12:05:57 am »
Yeah, that's what FR thinks, too.  When did they ever get anything right?
When you have kicked out everyone except Trumpers, you get a group think. I may be in the minority, but I think Cruz played his cards exactly right. He may never be President, but I salute his conservatism. (I also like his snark)
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Wingnut

« Reply #341 on: July 22, 2016, 12:06:16 am »
Just wait, The Donald speaks tonight.

With or without his drool cup?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #342 on: July 22, 2016, 12:06:29 am »
WHY IS EVERYBODY YELLING?  THEY HAVE MICROPHONES!!!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #343 on: July 22, 2016, 12:06:57 am »

What do you make of his statement that Cruz didn't pull off a Reagan with his speech?
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Silver Pines

« Reply #344 on: July 22, 2016, 12:07:38 am »

Falwell has beclowned himself for fame.  IMO he's been wanting to have his name as widely known as his father's, and why, if Trump can be the vehicle, he'll jump on board.

A lot of his students at Liberty are upset that he threw in with Trump, but when they complain on twitter, he just blocks them.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2016, 12:08:03 am »
Gallup yesterday on the border wall:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2016, 12:08:55 am »
According to Joe Biden we should not treat "work" like a four letter word.

What the hell would Joe Biden know about work?  He's admitted that he's never had a real job in his life!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/19/joe-biden-ive-never-gainfully-employed-life/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2016, 12:10:15 am »
When you have kicked out everyone except Trumpers, you get a group think. I may be in the minority, but I think Cruz played his cards exactly right. He may never be President, but I salute his conservatism. (I also like his snark)

I do not think Cruz wants the office if he can't get it being his principled self.

Besides, last night was the GOP trying to make sure he would never be a contender for the White House, in 2020 or any other year.

So he's got nothing to lose by being himself. America can either take it or leave it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2016, 12:10:37 am »
New plagiarism scandal:

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #349 on: July 22, 2016, 12:10:46 am »
Pastor Mark Burns is giving me a headache, and the sound is turned all the way down!
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta