Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21  (Read 42018 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21
« Reply #300 on: July 21, 2016, 11:24:08 pm »
Ok, I know this is totally off topic, but I can't help it...I need something to laugh at for a minute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geZTZpGO8Xs

That is wild! 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #301 on: July 21, 2016, 11:24:21 pm »
Yes. I was watching FOX News Special Report tonight, and all the assorted stooges er commentators slammed Cruz for venting. Brit Hume was particularly obnoxious saying Cruz gave away his real reasons this morning when he said he wouldn't support someone who reviled family members thereby negating what he said last night about principle. As if Cruz didn't do both.
 Trump is a louse who has no business being the nominee. Millions of his votes in the primaries were Dem crossovers who were deliberately trying to get him in there.
All the Cruz haters can't seem to understand that basic fact.... Trump is totally unfit to be president. Because Clinton is more unfit does not make Trump a fit candidates. Because one fecal sandwich is plain and one has catsup on it does not make the one with catsup fit for consumption.

The turd on the democrat plate doesn't make the steaming pile on ours any more appetizing.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #302 on: July 21, 2016, 11:27:26 pm »
I just saw a re-run of what he said at the Texas delegate breakfast this morning.  He said it from his heart, you could easily tell that, saying he would not support anyone who attacked his family - he said it was personal with Trump.  He said the pledge was not all inclusive if the candidate attacked your family.

His statement this morning was not about the constitution or liberty, this morning he was speaking about the person of Donald Trump.  He said it wasn't about politics, it was personal with Trump.  He nailed Trump to the floor last night and this morning.  Trump deserved to be nailed.

He knows as I know and many of you know, Trump is the epitome of sleaze, slime, a disgusting piece of humanity who should not be in charge of the government for over 300 million people in this country.

Trump is the epitome of sleaze, slime, a disgusting piece of humanity who should not be in charge of the government for over 300 million people in this country.

All the selfrighteous pundits slamming Cruz seemed to have ignored that fact. Trump is the worst Pubbie candidate in the history of the party. He's totally unfit and unworthy to be the candidate. I've never ever seen the kind of crude tactics and lies Trump used to "win" the nomination. And many of the clowns on FR still believe all the lies the Trump campaign spread about Cruz. Even some Freepers who are voting for Trump complained about the lack of decorum and willing acceptance of lies by the Trump mob.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #303 on: July 21, 2016, 11:27:56 pm »
CNN’s Jake Tapper used his Mediaite-approved Twitter feed to pose a simple question to his followers in the wake of Donald Trump officially receiving the Republican nomination for the presidency…
     Jake Tapper @jaketapper   What do you want to hear from Trump in his acceptance speech tonight?#RNCinCLE
   11:03 AM - 21 Jul 2016

…and he got lots of responses. Here is a selection of those responses, in order: Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 2.32.34 PM height=680
Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 2.34.08 PM height=670
Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 2.33.50 PM height=657
Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 2.33.31 PM height=650
Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 2.33.00 PM height=538

Similar responses continue down the length of the thread.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:15 pm »
Yes. I was watching FOX News Special Report tonight, and all the assorted stooges er commentators slammed Cruz for venting. Brit Hume was particularly obnoxious saying Cruz gave away his real reasons this morning when he said he wouldn't support someone who reviled family members thereby negating what he said last night about principle. As if Cruz didn't do both.
 Trump is a louse who has no business being the nominee. Millions of his votes in the primaries were Dem crossovers who were deliberately trying to get him in there.
All the Cruz haters can't seem to understand that basic fact.... Trump is totally unfit to be president. Because Clinton is more unfit does not make Trump a fit candidates. Because one fecal sandwich is plain and one has catsup on it does not make the one with catsup fit for consumption.

Cruz has provided us with a real wheat from the chaff opportunity here.

What I've learn is is there are not very many principled commentators out there. With them the conservatism thing is just a schtick.

BTW I wonder if we'll see a change of attitude from all the toads at Fox News now that Ailes is out.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2016, 11:31:45 pm »

BTW I wonder if we'll see a change of attitude from all the toads at Fox News now that Ailes is out.

I wouldn't count on it, Trump is Murdoch's servile puppy.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #306 on: July 21, 2016, 11:32:29 pm »
Patrick Ruffini ‏@PatrickRuffini  25m25 minutes ago
1/ Quick survey of US adults -- what have you heard so far from the GOP convention?

56% Melania Trump plagiarism
48% Cruz not endorsing
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2016, 11:34:39 pm »
Coulter's bitter because no man would ever marry her.  I guess the Adam's apple and the slat-thin body sort of turned them off.
Don't forget the arrogant, know-it-all attitude and shrill voice... :whistle:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2016, 11:35:42 pm »
Similar responses continue down the length of the thread.

LOL!

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #309 on: July 21, 2016, 11:36:05 pm »
The key portion of that chapter to always remember is what Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego actually replied to the king, after the entire nation fell to worship the idol at the sound of the bell and these 3 refused to bow.

Nebuchadnezzar actually gave them a second change to go along with committing idolatry and saving their lives and instead they said this:

“King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” - Daniel 3:16-18

This is just a scriptural depiction of the image we have put up that shows a nation seig-heiling Hitler and one man refusing to salute.

The Trump militant can throw numbers at you and tell you that you are a tiny irrelevant minority and that everyone is worshipping and supporting Trump - but stand firm on principles that forbid you to bow down and support someone that is totally and completely antithetical to everything you believe in. 

Even if God does not save us from militant mobs threatening us, we will still not bow down and vote for Trump.
:amen:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2016, 11:39:23 pm »
No, but not surprised.
All the FOX "smart" pundits ripped Cruz. They revealed themselves as Trump stooges. That includes Krauthammer, Hume, Carlson, and Gutfeld. I knew Hannity has been a Trump a**-kisser for a long time, so that was no surprise.

HonestJohn

« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2016, 11:42:01 pm »
Yes...last night was as revealing as when the Dems booed God.

(Now watch some Trump supporter accuse me of comparing Cruz to God).

Cruz has four letters.  Taco is four letters.

Therefore, Cruz is a taco.

:tongue2:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #313 on: July 21, 2016, 11:44:22 pm »

That's pretty good!

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #314 on: July 21, 2016, 11:44:52 pm »
Ted STILL trending almost 24 hours later.  Notice who is NOT trending?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:48:30 pm by Sanguine »

Silver Pines

« Reply #316 on: July 21, 2016, 11:48:11 pm »
Don't forget the arrogant, know-it-all attitude and shrill voice... :whistle:

All of that!

Silver Pines

« Reply #318 on: July 21, 2016, 11:49:41 pm »

Oh, you're just a racist!  Trying to link Cubans with tacos is cultural appropriation!

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #319 on: July 21, 2016, 11:51:20 pm »

I like tacos also.  *hmmmm*
Let it burn.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2016, 11:51:51 pm »
I like tacos also.  *hmmmm*

So.....are you Cruz?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2016, 11:52:29 pm »
Oh, you're just a racist!  Trying to link Cubans with tacos is cultural appropriation!
We all know the best Taco's come from NY at Trump Grills in Trump Tower deep in the heart of what some hope will be the People's Republic of Trumpistan.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #322 on: July 21, 2016, 11:52:39 pm »
So.....are you Cruz?

Well, "Bear" has four letters also...  :pondering:
Let it burn.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #323 on: July 21, 2016, 11:55:46 pm »
Well, "Bear" has four letters also...  :pondering:
According to Joe Biden we should not treat "work" like a four letter word.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

debrawiest

« Reply #324 on: July 21, 2016, 11:56:02 pm »
"America's blue-collar billionaire?" Wow.
We naively sent our daughter to Liberty University. I'd like my money back, Jerry. You're an idol worshipper.