Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21  (Read 41968 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2016, 06:27:02 pm »
No Trump is a Clinton. He's on recod as praising Bill Clinton, he's on record as praising Hillary Clinton's job as Sec. of State, and he was a registered Democrat for the first four years of Obama. Furthermore he's admitted to being friends with the Clintons and his campaign was started by a phone call with the Clintons.

Don't confuse them with facts! It irritates them to no end!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2016, 06:32:29 pm »
Cruz 2020
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2016, 06:32:37 pm »
And, apparently, not all Republicans know how to use apostrophes.
They are just being overly possessive.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2016, 06:32:40 pm »
LOL, Rush is saying no one else would ever have allowed such a speech to be read---only Trump, because he's playing chess and set a brilliant trap for Cruz!

lololol *deep breath* lmao

Most certainly Mr. Trump will have a response.  It will thrill his supporters.  We will be told the trap was set perfectly. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2016, 06:36:54 pm »
I love that.  Thank you.  Who said it?  Just some random unknown?
Someone posted it to my post on Facebook, she saw it on someone elses page, so not sure who said it. But it is oh so relevant.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2016, 06:37:39 pm »
Daniel Horowitz ‏@RMConservative  60m60 minutes ago
I'm hearing they might put John Boehner on stage tonight to rebut Cruz. it would complete the freak show full circle.

The idea just drips with irony.

Irony, sadly, is lost on the trumpbots.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2016, 06:37:59 pm »
The fact the Trump fanatics continue to hate-bash Cruz and Conservatives who will not support and genuflect their prince, tells you that it is not Hillary they fear, hate and loathe….

… it's you and me.

Invar

Post of the month! At least!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2016, 06:39:11 pm »
'Vote Your Conscience' was a Rohrschach test, and the Trump campaign failed miserably

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=216842.new#new

Not just the Trump camp...but others who don't support Trump.  I have a co-worker who does not like Cruz, and said he thought his speech was "childish".  He also pointed out he doesn't support Trump either.

Childish?  How so?  So many are MISSING THE POINT of Ted's message, all because they hate the messenger. :facepalm:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2016, 06:39:21 pm »
Due to the fact that the Trump mob has nothing better to do but hit the report button to the mods over every single thing that they find objectionable, I have been instructed to remove the historical date reference of my comment because the precious snowflakes for Trump are offended at the reference.

It's [deleted]  folks, and you are watching a mob pine for a dictator to rule and crush everyone who will not bow and genuflect.

The fact the Trump fanatics have demonstrated they hate Constitutional Conservatives and men like Ted Cruz more than they attack Hillary is all you need to know about who they consider the real enemy to be.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:28:34 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2016, 06:42:57 pm »
Daniel Horowitz ‏@RMConservative  60m60 minutes ago
I'm hearing they might put John Boehner on stage tonight to rebut Cruz. it would complete the freak show full circle.
Yeah rebut, conservative principles, following your conscience, and the consitution.  :thud:

I'll have to try and catch that.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2016, 06:44:58 pm »
The fact the Trump fanatics continue to hate-bash Cruz and Conservatives who will not support and genuflect their prince, tells you that it is not Hillary they fear, hate and loathe….

… it's you and me.

Invar

Post of the month! At least!

Shared on Facebook. hope ya don't mind @INVAR

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2016, 06:47:38 pm »
Sharing from a friend on Facebook

Facts, Truth, Honor, Conviction, Courage, Principle, Value, Integrity, Character, Patriotism and Class are just a few of the 'pesky' intrusions that the Trump Family did not welcome in Ted's speech. A picture is worth a thousand words. Their body language, their facial expressions when Ted Cruz spoke with truth and sincerity was not well received by the Trump family. NO indeed, they were not happy campers that Ted effectively and with class challenged their father to step up to the plate and adhere to the Constitution and our conservatives beliefs. And Ted succinctly did it so well.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2016, 06:48:04 pm »
Most certainly Mr. Trump will have a response.  It will thrill his supporters.  We will be told the trap was set perfectly.
Proverbs 1: 16-19 Comes to mind.
"For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood. Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird. And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives. So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof."

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2016, 06:49:12 pm »
Trump's twitter feed has snipes at Cruz today but he's seems to be leaving Hillary alone.... :whistle:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2016, 06:51:35 pm »
Shared on Facebook. hope ya don't mind @INVAR

It's the truth.  Share it far and wide.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2016, 06:52:51 pm »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2016, 06:53:38 pm »
It's the truth.  Share it far and wide.

I did!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2016, 06:54:28 pm »
Sharing from a friend on Facebook

Facts, Truth, Honor, Conviction, Courage, Principle, Value, Integrity, Character, Patriotism and Class are just a few of the 'pesky' intrusions that the Trump Family did not welcome in Ted's speech. A picture is worth a thousand words. Their body language, their facial expressions when Ted Cruz spoke with truth and sincerity was not well received by the Trump family. NO indeed, they were not happy campers that Ted effectively and with class challenged their father to step up to the plate and adhere to the Constitution and our conservatives beliefs. And Ted succinctly did it so well.

Love it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2016, 07:01:55 pm »
Donald Trump's own words about THAT PLEDGE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKVCHuhIZ40

My God. Listening to this, I can't help but wonder if Trump actually says, "I... me..." *more* than Obama!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2016, 07:03:04 pm »
This is the best thread on the internet 4 days running!

Thanks, @sinkspur!

:lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2016, 07:08:48 pm »
This is the best thread on the internet 4 days running!

Thanks, @sinkspur!

:lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys:

Sink is doing a bang up job, treating people like adults and letting them express their opinions without purging, no matter which direction they take.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2016, 07:10:13 pm »
Who said this about the loyality pledge back in March?

I'll give you one guess and it isn't Cruz.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,216812.0.html
What about all that pablum Melina was spouting about your word is your bond?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2016, 07:12:13 pm »