Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21  (Read 41972 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2016, 05:44:09 pm »
We really rolled yesterday, Sink.  What a great thread that was.  It was cathartic to be around human beings who still had a little brain matter left.

Totally agree @Emjay !  Yesterday's thread was AWESOME!

Thank you, Sir Sink!   You have done a great service here!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2016, 05:46:48 pm »
From THE ONION:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2016, 05:47:15 pm »
Cruz spoke with integrity. I thought this is what we wanted in Washington.

Whatever the consequences of his speech I have no doubt he has earned the respect of millions of us for it.
Time and again Cruz has shown that "Make sure you're right and then go ahead" philosophy that should make Texas proud. If what Cruz did last night was abandoning the Republican Party and abandoning conservative then the Republican party can kiss my donkey good-bye and I'll leave.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2016, 05:47:51 pm »

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »
Lololololol.....#IChooseTed trumps a PAID ad for trump gear.....Now THAT is telling.....😂😂😂😂😂 #VoteYourConscience

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2016, 05:54:17 pm »
Exactly!  It's stunning to me to watch Trump and his minions doubling down on stupid today.
Ted Cruz essentially said. Do you what you think is right and support the constution (see my tage line) and Trump folks are throwing a coniption fit! Ted Cruz has revealed that this movement is against Liber, against the Constituion, and demands the right to tell people what do and conscience be damned.

GO TED CRUZ. CRUZ 2020
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2016, 05:57:25 pm »
According to what I've read, Cruz met with Trump two days ago and told him there would be no endorsement.  In response, Trump threatened to have someone gin up boos during his speech.  So he expected it.
I heard plenty of people chanting 2020 while he was talking!

Heck I'll say it again

TED CRUZ 2020

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2016, 05:57:37 pm »
Just Karl ‏@justkarl  27m27 minutes ago
Apparently, Limbaugh is telling his slowly-dying listeners that Cruz is toast. Fewer hearing it on those low-wattage affiliates tho.

CNN PoliticsVerified account
‏@CNNPolitics
Donald Trump Jr. says his father doesn't need an endorsement from "unlikeable" Ted Cruz http://cnn.it/2ai0Oih

stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens  28m28 minutes ago
stuart stevens Retweeted daveweigel
This is so idiotic. Trump, Jr. could be playing peacemaker instead of tossing gas on his father's dumpster fire.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2016, 05:58:26 pm »
Limbaugh has gone full Trumpbot, finally.  He's saying Cruz committed career suicide, that the people supporting him are in the minority, that #NeverTrumpers are flooding over to defend Trump, LOL.  And he's saying it while laughing that "heh heh heh" wheezy fat man's laugh.

This is priceless.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2016, 05:59:04 pm »
If you take Cruz saying 'vote your values' as not endorsing Trump - you admit Trump does not follow your values.

Line of the day!
Boom. That is going to leave a mark!

Silver Pines

« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2016, 06:05:21 pm »
Someone is committing career suicide alright but it ain't Ted Cruz!

LOL, yep!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2016, 06:07:47 pm »
Limbaugh has gone full Trumpbot, finally.  He's saying Cruz committed career suicide, that the people supporting him are in the minority, that #NeverTrumpers are flooding over to defend Trump, LOL.  And he's saying it while laughing that "heh heh heh" wheezy fat man's laugh.

This is priceless.
Rush was a great ally when Cruz and Lee were battling to defund Obama care while the GOPe sat on their hands and fretted. What happened to him? He's the one that taught me how to spot liberals like Trump in the first place.

Alright one more time:

TED CRUZ
MIKE LEE

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2016, 06:10:30 pm »
LOL, Rush is saying no one else would ever have allowed such a speech to be read---only Trump, because he's playing chess and set a brilliant trap for Cruz!

lololol *deep breath* lmao
There's an old saying about playing chess with a pigeon. That is how Trump plays chess.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2016, 06:11:31 pm »
Rush was a great ally when Cruz and Lee were battling to defund Obama care while the GOPe sat on their hands and fretted. What happened to him? He's the one that taught me how to spot liberals like Trump in the first place.

Alright one more time:

TED CRUZ
MIKE LEE

Rush is a pill popping junkie, who props up idiots like Trump to give himself ratings and make it seem like he's a renegade.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2016, 06:12:03 pm »
Boom. That is going to leave a mark!

I'm going to tweet that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2016, 06:13:57 pm »
Daniel Horowitz ‏@RMConservative  60m60 minutes ago
I'm hearing they might put John Boehner on stage tonight to rebut Cruz. it would complete the freak show full circle.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2016, 06:14:47 pm »
Your tagline:  Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution- Ted Cruz

The funniest (and saddest) part of all this is that the Trumpions must repudiate that statement in order to kiss the ring of their mob boss.
I'm saddened by so many Americans today.  **nononono* Neglecting to see the truth, or seeing the truth and making excuses to ignore it.  What Ted Cruz did last night, was speak the truth. 

What is wrong with these people?  What has happened to America?

At least there is this:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2016, 06:15:18 pm »
What the hell kind of sentence is this?  (And notice he wants to make sure it's being recorded so none of his droppings are missed):

A run on. A hopelessly confused run on.

When you can't even be as coherent as Winnie the Pooh stories you should not be in front of a microphone. This is how you do a very long sentence properly:

In after-years [Piglet] liked to think that he had been in Very Great Danger during the Terrible Flood, but the only danger he had really been in was in the last half-hour of his imprisonment, when Owl, who had just flown up, sat on a branch of his tree to comfort him, and told him a very long story about an aunt who had once laid a seagull’s egg by mistake, and the story went on and on, rather like this sentence, until Piglet who was listening out of his window without much hope, went to sleep quietly and naturally, slipping slowly out of the window towards the water until he was only hanging on by his toes, at which moment luckily, a sudden loud squawk from Owl, which was really part of the story, being what his aunt said, woke Piglet up and just gave him time to jerk himself back into safety and say, “How interesting, and did she?” when—well, you can imagine his joy when at last he saw the good ship, The Brain of Pooh (Captain, C. Robin; 1st Mate, P. Bear) coming over the sea to rescue him.

-A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2016, 06:16:38 pm »
I'm hearing they might put John Boehner on stage tonight to rebut Cruz. it would complete the freak show full circle.

And Trumpers won't bat an eye. They accept Mitch McConnell as one of Trump's outsider rebels so I see no reason they won't do the same with the jellyfish.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2016, 06:19:14 pm »
Oh oh oh....pleeeease do.  I so want to hear the fanbots dismiss that one.

They will.

Remember, I'm sure the jellyfish does.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »

That would do it.  If you had any tiny, tiny question left where DT stands, that would answer it for you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2016, 06:21:16 pm »

That would be a perfect icing on the cake.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2016, 06:22:14 pm »
Great point on Rush's show:

Cruz supporter from San Antonio said if Trump had not entered into the race, we may well have been looking at Jeb Bush as the nominee.

Sure, I'm sure the chorus will say "But Trump is establishment"; not very persuasive really.

No Trump is a Clinton. He's on recod as praising Bill Clinton, he's on record as praising Hillary Clinton's job as Sec. of State, and he was a registered Democrat for the first four years of Obama. Furthermore he's admitted to being friends with the Clintons and his campaign was started by a phone call with the Clintons.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2016, 06:25:08 pm »
'Vote Your Conscience' was a Rohrschach test, and the Trump campaign failed miserably

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=216842.new#new
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:25:24 pm by sinkspur »