Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21  (Read 41273 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 02:16:43 pm »
LOL!! You guys are the best.  I haven't had to do a thing except step back and enjoy............

I will add, it takes a person of character to maintain an open thread like this and I think the overall quality of comments reflects that.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 02:16:54 pm »
Stop and think about the fact the GOP is threatened by Cruz telling Republicans to "vote their conscience." Let that one sink in for a moment. For the only reason that would be threatening is you're admitting that a vote for Trump is a violation of conscience. - Steve Deace

He's exactly right. And I think that's why so many Trump Supporters (even the support-the-party and we-have-to-defeat-Hillary ones) are so angry last night and this morning at Ted Cruz: he reminded them that deep down, they know Trump is not the person they should be giving their vote to.
Let it burn.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 02:18:20 pm »

Poor Donnie, he has to walk on the earth he scorched.

Offline Resp3

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 02:18:33 pm »
For the record: I'm a Cruzer. I applaud Ted Cruz for having to give the most difficult speech of his life last night. He did a fine job. I'm proud of him in that he did not endorse that democrat.

However....

He seemed to grandstand off of the family of that officer killed in Dallas. He devoted way to much time to that horrible crime - not just one time but twice - in his remarks. If he was looking to score points off of his many excellent points; then he did a fine job.

Except with his over emphasis on "Caroline".

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 02:20:05 pm »
Word clouds from the convention.

Monday

Tuesday

Tedsday

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:20:48 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 02:22:32 pm »
Who is Chris Plante?

He's the host of The Chris Plante Show, from nine to noon, on WMAL Conservative talk radio for the Washington, DC area.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 02:23:46 pm »
Ted Cruz said he won't be a "servile puppy".  :silly:

I just saw a re-run of what he said at the Texas delegate breakfast this morning.  He said it from his heart, you could easily tell that, saying he would not support anyone who attacked his family - he said it was personal with Trump.  He said the pledge was not all inclusive if the candidate attacked your family.

His statement this morning was not about the constitution or liberty, this morning he was speaking about the person of Donald Trump.  He said it wasn't about politics, it was personal with Trump.  He nailed Trump to the floor last night and this morning.  Trump deserved to be nailed.

He knows as I know and many of you know, Trump is the epitome of sleaze, slime, a disgusting piece of humanity who should not be in charge of the government for over 300 million people in this country.

Offline Resp3

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 02:24:16 pm »
If one thing comes out of this wretched convention worthy of remembrance, it will be Cruz's heroism in standing up to Trump and his howling mob.

:thumbsup:

Plus 100. Sen. Cruz had to choice but to face that howling mob of Trumpists out for blood. But he was gracious in that he did show up. He took their boos. But he refused to endorse that democrat.

He stood true to conservatism.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 02:24:32 pm »
Oh brother.  That was a huge crime that affected his state directly.  Of course he talks about it.  As for Caroline, that is his daughter.  He is a very good father.  The Orange Slanderer is not fit to tie Ted Cruz's shoes.

Trump and his pets routinely grandstand on tragedy. We see them openly cheering tragedies as something that can help Trump.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 02:25:41 pm »
If one thing comes out of this wretched convention worthy of remembrance, it will be Cruz's heroism in standing up to Trump and his howling mob.

An amazing sight to see.  I'll never forget it.   The crowd was cheering loudly for Cruz, and then turned when he mentioned the word "conscience".

The crowd became, in an instant, a mob.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 02:31:34 pm »
I didn't see an answer last night and would like to ask again, what is really going on in the picture of the blond on stage raising her hand in what appears to be a heil to a picture of Donald in the same pose?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 02:36:42 pm »
We witnessed the death of the values based Republican Party last night. The final nail was when gown men were threatening Heidi Cruz to the point she had to walk out with armed security. This is now a party of mob rule, a party that booed the phrase 'voting your values', a party that booed 'voting for the Constitution', a party that booed when Cruz said " fight for freedom, to protect our God-given rights" , a party that booed 'Cast aside anger for love', a party that even booed when Cruz said "God Bless America". This split has been a long time coming. Even if you aren't a Ted Cruz fan, you owe him a debt of gratitude for exposing that

Offline ABX

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 02:38:15 pm »
I didn't see an answer last night and would like to ask again, what is really going on in the picture of the blond on stage raising her hand in what appears to be a heil to a picture of Donald in the same pose?

It was Laura Ingram just waiving to the camera, but like many times when someone waives on stage, the optics can be bad if caught just at the wrong angle at the wrong time.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 02:38:23 pm »
An amazing sight to see.  I'll never forget it.   The crowd was cheering loudly for Cruz, and then turned when he mentioned the word "conscience".

The crowd became, in an instant, a mob.

The local radio show that I listen to in the morning was talking to the member of the Texas delegation that has been reporting for them from the convention all week. He said he was on the convention floor last night, waiting for Ted Cruz to endorse Donald Trump, and when he heard the line "vote your conscience", he (the delegate) walked off and floor and went to his hotel room, because he was so angry.

Says something about the delegate that that single line would upset him so much, I think.   :pondering:
Let it burn.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 02:38:54 pm »
I am pumped today. I now know for certain that there is at least ONE person left in Washington with integrity, courage, and principles.

Everyone else is a bunch of uniparty stooges. Look, even Sanders - who I thought was a man of wrong principles, but principles - sold out to Hillary. Not Ted.

I am waiting for the Cruz camp to call my house. I will give them money, but - more importantly - I will ask, "What can I do? How can I personally give my support and labor to the one man left in Washington who deserves it?"

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 02:42:01 pm »
Told you. I trusted Ted to do the right thing. Not the expedient thing. He delivered.

You know how damned weird it feels actually trusting a politician?

Yeah! Weird isn't it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 02:42:46 pm »
I am pumped today. I now know for certain that there is at least ONE person left in Washington with integrity, courage, and principles.

Everyone else is a bunch of uniparty stooges. Look, even Sanders - who I thought was a man of wrong principles, but principles - sold out to Hillary. Not Ted.

I am waiting for the Cruz camp to call my house. I will give them money, but - more importantly - I will ask, "What can I do? How can I personally give my support and labor to the one man left in Washington who deserves it?"

:amen:  I feel better today than I have for a LONG time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »
:amen:  I feel better today than I have for a LONG time!

Agreed!  I sent Cruz a quick e-mail of support.  I will continue to support him and hopefully, God willing, I will be able to do more to help him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 02:49:55 pm »
It was Laura Ingram just waiving to the camera, but like many times when someone waives on stage, the optics can be bad if caught just at the wrong angle at the wrong time.

Thank you.  I figured it was some such.

Offline Resp3

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 02:50:24 pm »
We witnessed the death of the values based Republican Party last night. The final nail was when gown men were threatening Heidi Cruz to the point she had to walk out with armed security. This is now a party of mob rule, a party that booed the phrase 'voting your values', a party that booed 'voting for the Constitution', a party that booed when Cruz said " fight for freedom, to protect our God-given rights" , a party that booed 'Cast aside anger for love', a party that even booed when Cruz said "God Bless America". This split has been a long time coming. Even if you aren't a Ted Cruz fan, you owe him a debt of gratitude for exposing that

Worth reposting in large font....

Trumpanzees. Bullies just like Donald.

Offline ABX

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2016, 02:51:51 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2016, 02:57:26 pm »
Worth reposting in large font....

Trumpanzees. Bullies just like Donald.

And a repeat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2016, 02:58:26 pm »
ALL:  You have GOT to read Jonah Goldberg today. It's a classic.

I choose Ted

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=216792.new#new

That was gold.  I'm sending it to some friends just to tick them off.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2016, 03:00:37 pm »

That was Trump symp Laura Ingraham.  What a disgusting display of ass-kissing.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2016, 03:01:14 pm »
I heard it reported that Ted has a smile on his face when he left the stage. This did not surprise him.

As to "ruining his career"? Let's take a breath and recall that this election is supposed about upending the establishment. Anyone notice that Trump has kinda "moved on" from that? Ref: Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan.

According to what I've read, Cruz met with Trump two days ago and told him there would be no endorsement.  In response, Trump threatened to have someone gin up boos during his speech.  So he expected it.