Author Topic: NeverTrump Now More Than Ever  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: NeverTrump Now More Than Ever
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2016, 10:48:55 pm »
And in Trumpspeak, "lost touch with reality" means "sees things clearly, as we don't want them to."

As I said, when we go from disagreeing and speaking our minds to "the other side is evil", it is our own vision that is leaning to darkness. People like Barack Obama are wrong on virtually every issue, but if you think they are somehow more evil than yourself...that says a whole lot about you. Its a very un-Christian perception.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2016, 10:49:48 pm »
What planet are you living on. You have complete free speech rights, which you are displaying right now. As for what God sees, who knew he decided to tell you what it is HE thinks and sees. Atlas Shrugged is my favorite book...and is precisely why we should all vote Trump rather than Clinton. His view of economic freedom is radically more "free" than is hers. It is not without flaw, nothing is, but it is all about unleashing capitalism and ensuring our trade deals hold our trading partners to also practicing the same.

<Sigh> You continually put your dreams about what Trump believes into the puppet-image of him you're trying to sell to the world.  It might work if the rest of us didn't seem him right there, making all your claims risible.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2016, 10:50:05 pm »
I have been of the opinion we suffered at the hands of 7 1/2 years of evil from Obama, and worried about more of the same from Hillary.

Thanks for setting me straight, and making your "thinking" clear.

If Hillary really is Trump's main concern..and your concern as well..why are you all spending 99.9% of your time obsessing over Ted Cruz and trying to eliminate Conservatives from the GOP instead of trying to win in November?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2016, 10:50:36 pm »
As I said, when we go from disagreeing and speaking our minds to "the other side is evil", it is our own vision that is leaning to darkness. People like Barack Obama are wrong on virtually every issue, but if you think they are somehow more evil than yourself...that says a whole lot about you. Its a very un-Christian perception.

On the contrary, recognition of evil is quite Christian.  Pretending it doesn't exist is not.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2016, 10:51:10 pm »
Bull.  Trump mouths the words occasionally, but his word is not to be trusted, as has been amply demonstrated, over and over.

You may not trust him, but you can sure as heck trust her to appoint liberal justices. Trump will literally be unable to do so, as he would not have sufficient votes from his own party...without which no nominee could be approved. So there's a huge difference in who each would appoint, quit kidding yourself into believing something just because you want to.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2016, 10:52:37 pm »
You may not trust him, but you can sure as heck trust her to appoint liberal justices. Trump will literally be unable to do so, as he would not have sufficient votes from his own party...without which no nominee could be approved. So there's a huge difference in who each would appoint, quit kidding yourself into believing something just because you want to.
His own party? The GOPe?  :silly: :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2016, 10:54:18 pm »
On the contrary, recognition of evil is quite Christian.  Pretending it doesn't exist is not.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

The larger point being, seeing the mote in another's eye while missing the timber in your own...is exactly what you do when you declare the other side in politics to be evil. Yes, we all condemn those who call for direct violence against innocent people...but that sort of thing is so far removed from our current political reality that only a true nut could claim its relevant.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2016, 10:56:08 pm »
His own party? The GOPe?  :silly: :silly:

You're showing that you simply don't understand political reality. No president can push through a nominee when his own party strongly opposes it. If I'm wrong, please cite where that it has happened that a sitting president has pushed through an SCJ nominee against the will of his majority sitting Senate.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2016, 10:56:25 pm »

Trump won't appoint a Constitutional Conservatives to the bench.

To paraphrase you...stop kidding yourself. It won't happen just because you want it to.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2016, 10:56:52 pm »

Again, you put your dreams in front of reality.  He would still have some Republican votes, and would get the rest from the Democrats.  If you can't see that, you're not as smart as you try to project.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2016, 10:58:29 pm »
If Hillary really is Trump's main concern..and your concern as well..why are you all spending 99.9% of your time obsessing over Ted Cruz and trying to eliminate Conservatives from the GOP instead of trying to win in November?

Multi tasking.

Nobody is trying to eliminate anyone, just trying to talk sense into them. No easy task, mind you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2016, 10:59:59 pm »
Trump won't appoint a Constitutional Conservatives to the bench.

To paraphrase you...stop kidding yourself. It won't happen just because you want it to.

Not only has he said that he will...which of course you don't believe. He will have no choice but to do so...the political cost of not doing it would be astronomical and ensure his ensuing defeat, something he obviously does not want to happen. If he tried to use democrats to push a nominee through, he'd be crushed in the next presidential primary and race.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:01:13 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2016, 11:00:21 pm »
Cruz gave his speech because he knows with Hillary we will lose more of our freedoms...... And with King Trumpy all of our freedoms may be taken from us.    Starting with the right to criticize the government.

Oh, under Dear Leader trump..you will be allowed to criticize government..just not  Herr Trump..Das ist verboten.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2016, 11:00:37 pm »

The larger point being, seeing the mote in another's eye while missing the timber in your own...is exactly what you do when you declare the other side in politics to be evil. Yes, we all condemn those who call for direct violence against innocent people...but that sort of thing is so far removed from our current political reality that only a true nut could claim its relevant.

I can see you don't understand theology either, in addition to politics.  "Judge not, lest ye be judged" didn't mean to abandon all judgment and ability to distinguish right from wrong.  It meant that you must be aware that just as you make such judgments of others, such judgments will be made of you, so take care to be upright and true in your dealings with others.  Man, your spin for Trump is making you look less and less knowledgeable.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

geronl

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2016, 11:02:34 pm »
Good thing our nominee is openly pro-life and that same plank is in the party platform. Not so for the other party and candidate...not to mention you get wildly liberal SCJ''s with Hillary who will against life. You make my point for me, that voting for Trump is a must if you are pro-life.

YOUR nominee supports Planned Parenthood and endorsed abortion laws as they are. That is hardly pro-life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2016, 11:03:37 pm »

That's the same Satanic garbage the Homosexuals and pro-Abortionists tell us to silence Christians from standing up for what is right and declaring sin and evil what it is.

Interesting you use the same tactic when Trump's fruits and his words reveal the disturbing danger he manifests in himself and his movement.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2016, 11:03:53 pm »
I can see you don't understand theology either, in addition to politics.  "Judge not, lest ye be judged" didn't mean to abandon all judgment and ability to distinguish right from wrong.  It meant that you must be aware that just as you make such judgments of others, such judgments will be made of you, so take care to be upright and true in your dealings with others.  Man, your spin for Trump is making you look less and less knowledgeable.

Yes, the definition you give of the phrase is exactly right and that is precisely how I intended it. Nobody suggested abandoning all sense of judgement...that's the part that lets you disagree with your political opponents. However, when you start calling them evil you cross that line of "distinguishing" into judging. And that's where the sin is.

geronl

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2016, 11:04:29 pm »
Not only has he said that he will...which of course you don't believe. He will have no choice but to do so...the political cost of not doing it would be astronomical and ensure his ensuing defeat, something he obviously does not want to happen.

We have seen what happens to people who have tried to make Trump move to the right. They become the enemy of the Trumpquats. Nobody is going to keep Trump honest, that is obvious.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2016, 11:05:00 pm »
Let's be blunt.  Neither is going to appoint more Scalias to the court.  You imagine Trump will do what you think he should do, when all the evidence is that he'll do whatever his whims dictate to him, and those seem most often to align with the political left.  If you can't see that, you're incredibly naive.
Let me be more blunt. You have no evidence to support your predictions and suffer from a 100 percent failure record with predictions. In other words you don't have a clue here and have been universally wrong.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2016, 11:06:32 pm »
Satanists, Nazis, Stalinists...Brownshirts hiding around every corner. How about Yetis and Sasquatch's...are you seeing those as well? Little green men?

Try to retain SOME semblance of sanity, please.  The hyperbole and paranoia are disturbingly thick in most of your postings. Being totally serious here, you may want to seek some professional help.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2016, 11:06:51 pm »
Multi tasking.

Nobody is trying to eliminate anyone, just trying to talk sense into them. No easy task, mind you.

Trying to convince Conservatives into voting for one of two NY Liberals isn't talking sense...that's promoting insanity.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2016, 11:08:17 pm »
That's the same Satanic garbage the Homosexuals and pro-Abortionists tell us to silence Christians from standing up for what is right and declaring sin and evil what it is.

Interesting you use the same tactic when Trump's fruits and his words reveal the disturbing danger he manifests in himself and his movement.

Ya. And that crazy Jesus guy who just let the hooker walk away without stoning. Didn't he know he was just using Satanic garbage to silence those religious fellows with their stones? Heck, those guys were just standing for what they thought was right..."declaring sin and evil for what it is"!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:09:38 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2016, 11:11:44 pm »
Trying to convince Conservatives into voting for one of two NY Liberals isn't talking sense...that's promoting insanity.

Luckily we've only one NY Liberal in this race...and more luckily, the vast majority of conservatives support the GOP nominee Mr. Trump. Its just you and the establishment Bush-Romney-Kristol axis that are in opposition.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2016, 11:13:35 pm »
Luckily we've only one NY Liberal in this race...and more luckily, the vast majority of conservatives support the GOP nominee Mr. Trump. Its just you and the establishment Bush-Romney-Kristol axis that are in opposition.
Ok, so we've got one from New York and one from Arkansas. You don't have to be nitpicky.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2016, 11:17:36 pm »
Not only has he said that he will...which of course you don't believe. He will have no choice but to do so...the political cost of not doing it would be astronomical and ensure his ensuing defeat, something he obviously does not want to happen. If he tried to use democrats to push a nominee through, he'd be crushed in the next presidential primary and race.

No one believes him because he's already walked it back just like everything else he's said he was going to do.

In addition...as I pointed out to you earlier and you ignored..
Trump is on record as saying he doesn't care if Republicans hold Congress in November.

That means Schumer runs the Senate.  Any judge nomination that isn't the second coming of Earl Warren is dead on arrival. 

You need to quit pushing this myth that Trump is going to appoint the next Scalia or Alito. 

It's just not truthful.