Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77731 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Erdogan is pro Shari'a Law...pro ISIS and pro Islamic terrorism.

And Trump just endorsed all of that by endorsing Erdogan. 

Which means that now all the Trumpkins are backing a guy who eodorses the leader of a state that sponsors radical Islam and everything else that come with that.

They must be so proud of themselves.

Worth repeating..

Offline JustPassinThru

One can say Cruz doesn't even compare to Mike Pence per an accomplished career and following the constitution at that.

And one would be dishonest if he did.

Pence, although an acceptable conservative, IS part of the Political Establishment.

Cruz has been fighting, all his adult life, first and foremost as a Conservative.  Texas AG and Congressman; clerked under Scalia in the Supreme Court.  Hated and reviled by RINOs.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
did you miss the part about Trump winning? 

whether or not we agree with his morals?  when we are faced with a dem'RAT who called off a rescue team and let Americans die?  when a dem'RAT president will be flying refugees by the thousands and settling them in OUR small midwest towns since the cities are already ruined by home-grown blm terrorists?

you're right - my priorities are just so screwed up that I would place the safety of my children ahead of the hope that sometime in the not too distant future we might MIGHT get the perfect candidate.  I give - you're right - I'll just stay home and not vote at all.  You convinced me.  Thanks.
You're welcome. I figure the only reason Trump doesn't have a record of the sins Hillary does is no one had been keeping count: after all he hasn't had the opportunity to vote for or against something, call off a rescue team, or veto or sign a bill.
Hillary wasn't the one who could issue the Cross Border Authority for the rescue mission. That belongs to Obama, not that I am excusing what was likely an orchestrated 'snatch and grab' gone sour, so they could save face exchanging leading terrorists for the Ambassador and surviving staff. Two very brave Americans broke ranks and defended that annex giving others time and the opportunity to escape, and the people who set up the trade deal didn't come to their aid. Thinking they'd been betrayed, the terrorists killed them all.
Trump may get that opportunity to screw the pooch, and then we'll see how he does. Given the time he's spent backing water on his earlier positions just in the primaries, I don't really have any faith he'll do what's right.
I'm gong to vote, Constitution party at the top (Darrell Castle), and my conscience all the way down the ticket.
Just a thought. Not one person in the White Hut is going to make your children any safer on a day to day basis. That's your job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
ABSOLUTELY WRONG!  You really should read, watch, or listen to the speech.

From the speech:

Of course, Obama and Clinton will tell you that they also care about our children’s future. And I want to believe them. But there is a profound difference in our two parties’ visions for the future.

Theirs is the party that thinks ISIS is a “JV team,” that responds to the death of Americans at Benghazi by asking, “What difference does it make?” That thinks it’s possible to make a deal with Iran, which celebrates as holidays “Death to America Day” and “Death to Israel Day.”

My friends, this is madness.

President Obama is a man who does everything backwards – he wants to close Guantanamo Bay and open up our borders, he exports jobs and imports terrorists.

Enough is enough.

There is a better vision for our future: A return to freedom.

On education, your freedom to choose your child’s education, even if you aren’t as rich as Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

On healthcare, your freedom to choose your own doctor, without Obamacare.

On taxes, your freedom to provide for your family without the IRS beating down your door.

The Internet? Keep it free from taxes, free from regulation. And don’t give it away to Russia and China.

Freedom means free speech, not politically correct safe spaces.

Freedom means religious freedom, whether you are Christian or Jew, Muslim or atheist. Gay or straight, the Bill of Rights protects the rights of all of us to live according to our conscience.

Freedom means the right to keep and bear arms, and protect your family.

Freedom means Supreme Court Justices who don’t dictate policy, but instead follow the Constitution.

And freedom means recognizing that our Constitution allows states to choose policies that reflect local values. Colorado may decide something different than Texas. New York different than Iowa. Diversity. That’s the way it’s supposed to be. If not, what’s the point of having states to begin with?

Hillary Clinton believes government should make virtually every choice in your life. Education, healthcare, marriage, speech – all dictated out of Washington.

Thank you for that. I missed that line.

Hillary Clinton believes government should make virtually every choice in your life. Education, healthcare, marriage, speech – all dictated out of Washington.

The rest of it is pretty well known boilerplate indictment of the entire Liberal movement in general, but not really anything about Trump being on the opposite side of all these things, or Trump being the one to lead the change. More like, here is a list of bad things on the other side. You figure out what you want to do about it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:35:54 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

Its dishonest to make the issue endorsement when the issue, even in the pledge was about SUPPORT. If you have to lie to make you point you have no point.
So, essentially, you are saying the statement:
If you love our country, and love our children as much as you do, stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom, and to be faithful to the constitution.
excludes Trump? Otherwise, that would be support, now wouldn't it?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So, essentially, you are saying the statement:excludes Trump? Otherwise, that would be support, now wouldn't it?

Easy on Mechanicos....  he's had a tough day :rolling:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Just_Victor

This sure is a long thread for someone who is on everyone's ignore list.

Jussayin'  10294

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline biff

oldmonster - thanks but the real exhibition of your classy opinion was shown last night on the floor of the convention.  Yep, donnie is a "real" uniter, isn't he. But did you forget, he said he can win without conservatives?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Jussayin'  10294

Not mine.  I like to laugh.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Just_Victor

Thank you for that. I missed that line.

The rest of it is pretty well known boilerplate indictment of the entire Liberal movement in general, but not really anything about Trump being on the opposite side of all these things, or Trump being the one to lead the change. More like, here is a list of bad things on the other side. You figure out what you want to do about it.

It seems to me that it's up to Trump to demonstrate that he is the opposite of those things.  If it's not obvious that he is, then Trump's campaign isn't doing its job.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It seems to me that it's up to Trump to demonstrate that he is the opposite of those things.  If it's not obvious that he is, then Trump's campaign isn't doing its job.

Good to know you Victor. It would seem that we may be fellow travelers. It is nice and comfortable to be level headed in the middle of all this chaos. I am enjoying it anyway. I will vote for Trump, but I would have voted Cruz had he won.

I'm easy-going about the whole thing. It is an experience watching so many heads explode around me. It reminds me of Kipling.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Jussayin'  10294

I am emotionally unable to put anyone on ignore.  I tried it once, and I always had to take a look anyway.  I got LESS peace because of it.

I give Mechanicos his props, anyway.  He hasn't caused me any headaches.  I hope I haven't caused him any. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Mechanicos

I had a great day. By now you should know what you think harms Trump never does. All I need to do is look at Cruz's Facebook and Twitter and see you are the outliers - and it makes me smile. His explanation was a talking point. Normal people know Cruz via his PAC fired off the wife war to head off the NE article. And that PAC got paid well for it by Cruz, half a mill.

That ongoing back and forth sniping is said to have been a planned event by the Cruz campaign to try and intermingle the Cruz-Trump dispute with the pending National Enquirer story in an effort to confuse voters as to what was really going on. Initially it appears to have worked as the Mainstream Media has focused almost entirely on the Trump-Cruz back and forth involving the defense of their respective wives, and almost no attention by this same Mainstream Media has been devoted to the Cruz sex scandal story.

Adding yet another layer of intrigue to the Enquirer edition, and seemingly very much linked to the Melania Trump ad, is the involvement of former Carly Fiorina campaign staffer, Liz Mair. Just days prior to Mair’s newly-formed Make America Awesome anti-Trump PAC initiated the now-infamous Melania Trump modeling pic political ad, came the endorsement of Ted Cruz by Mair’s former boss, Carly Fiorina. This in turn reminded some in the media to recall a very odd $500,000 transaction that took place between a Ted Cruz Super PAC and Carly Fiorina Super PAC back in July when both were still (apparently) competing against one another for the GOP nomination. The Washington Post detailed that half a million dollar donation with the following headline:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/07/31/why-did-a-ted-cruz-super-pac-donate-to-carly-fiorina/?postshare=9641458877974512&tid=ss_tw-bottom

http://dcwhispers.com/report-cruz-campaign-prepared-sex-scandal-story-several-weeks/#AJoswBgC2KtGEf4S.99

So to recap:
-- Cruz submitted a speech that had support (not endorsement) at the end for the Trump-Pence ticket.
-- Cruz went off script.
-- Trump and RNC apparently did not trust Cruz to be honest and had a contingency plan in place to nullify his sabotage.
-- Cruz was booed by the convention goers including his own Texas delegates.
-- People who knew what Cruz was supposed to say per his word that were on his side were so angry at least one tried to attack him.
-- This morning hes out doing damage control playing the poor little me card, but its not working as seen from social media to him.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Just_Victor

I am emotionally unable to put anyone on ignore.  I tried it once, and I always had to take a look anyway.  I got LESS peace because of it.

I give Mechanicos his props, anyway.  He hasn't caused me any headaches.  I hope I haven't caused him any.

My ignore list is empty too.  I use the ignore button God built into my brain.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I had a great day. By now you should know what you think harms Trump never does. All I need to do is look at Cruz's Facebook and Twitter and see you are the outliers - and it makes me smile. His explanation was a talking point. Normal people know Cruz via his PAC fired off the wife war to head off the NE article. And that PAC got paid well for it by Cruz, half a mill.

http://dcwhispers.com/report-cruz-campaign-prepared-sex-scandal-story-several-weeks/#AJoswBgC2KtGEf4S.99

So to recap:
-- Cruz submitted a speech that had support (not endorsement) at the end for the Trump-Pence ticket.
-- Cruz went off script.
-- Trump and RNC apparently did not trust Cruz to be honest and had a contingency plan in place to nullify his sabotage.
-- People who knew what Cruz was supposed to say per his word that were on his side were so angry at least one tried to attack him.
-- This morning hes out doing damage control playing the poor little me card, but its not working as seen from social media to him.

Suckers.

Like the rest of the Trump universe, you've spent the whole day ranting about Cruz, again.

The opponent here is Hillary Clinton, and she gets one day closer to winning without any negative attention.

Suckers.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

So to recap:
-- Cruz went off script.
So, the orchestrated booing was in response to him going off script. Were there prompters in the front row?

I'll take a man who can think for himself over an automaton any day, thanks. Cruz will come out of this just fine, and Trump will have to stand or fail on his own merits.

:pop41:

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

Wow, Mechanicos.  Your boy Trump officially gets the nomination, yet you are still here telling lies about Cruz.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

Wow, Mechanicos.  Your boy Trump officially gets the nomination, yet you are still here telling lies about Cruz.
It is beginning to seem like an unhealthy fixation.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
It is beginning to seem like an unhealthy fixation.

Still wondering what Mechanicos Freeper name is.

Online ScottinVA

I've watching these prez campaigns for over fify years. I've never, ever seen a candidate from either major party call the names, the slander, the insults Trump has called the other Republican candidates. I was hoping Cruz had the character not to cave, and he didn't disappoint me.

Exactly.. and if Cruz' endorsement of the GOP "up and down the ticket" isn't enough for the Trump worshippers, screw 'em.  Cruz is wise not to give a full endorsement to a candidate that has no possibility of winning.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:23:10 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Just_Victor

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but it's Mechanicos at TOS too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Exactly.. and if Cruz' endorsement of the GOP "up and down the ticket" isn't enough for the Trump worshippers, screw 'em.  Cruz is wise not to give a full endorsement to a ticket that has no possibility of winning.

Proud of Cruz.  Instead of kissing the ring.......  He pissed on it.

Offline Mechanicos

Its the same as here.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online ScottinVA

It's "Mechanicos" over there, too.

Offline mountaineer

Erdogan is pro Shari'a Law...pro ISIS and pro Islamic terrorism.

And Trump just endorsed all of that by endorsing Erdogan. 
So DT, Obama and HRC essentially stand on the same side of that issue. Quelle surprise.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org