Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77800 times)

Offline skeeter

I couldn't disagree more.

Sen Cruz was put in a position in which he was given no choice, but to take the position he did. It is the victor's responsibility to make peace with his opponent. Trump could have unified the party very easily by publicly apologizing for all the crude behavior and lies he perpetuated. He didn't instead when Sen Cruz spoke at the convention he orchestrated a demonstration in order to diminish Sen Cruz. In the end Trump will suffer the cost of his hubris. Sen Cruz took the high road last night and over time people will respect him for it.

It would be so easy for Trump to turn Cruz's speech into a plus for himself tomorrow, and win many of Cruz's supporters votes as well.

He could be respectful, he could restore his relationship with Cruz, he could embrace the values Cruz spoke of and claim he hoped we would all see him as the candidate to carry them forward.

I would be pleasantly surprised if he did. But I'm pretty certain he won't. Trump just doesn't have it in him.

Offline WAC

......We witnessed the death of the values based Republican Party last night.......This is now a party of mob rule, a party that booed the phrase 'voting your values', a party that booed 'voting for the Constitution', a party that booed when Cruz said " fight for freedom, to protect our God-given rights" , a party that booed 'Cast aside anger for love', a party that even booed when Cruz said "God Bless America". ........

They weren't  booing those statements....they were booing Cruz's refusal to endorse Trump....and failing this even after they chanted "endorse Trump".....which is what a Convention is about.....speakers who support the Official Nominee and utilize the opportunity  for their endorsements. Cruz ignored their pleas  and instead 'schooled" them on how they should vote. ..and basically continued his campaigning for 2020 by attempting to do as Reagan did........which nobody there was in a mood for after weathering the primary.

Offline skeeter

No. I don't admire his actions. Rather, I admire the actions of Ronald Reagan when faced with the same situation.

Reagan didn't endorse Ford at the '76 convention either.

Offline Resp3

Exactly right. He has no reason to support Trump.  Butt... He could have kept his mouth shut and showed some class. He chose not to. That explains the title of this thread.

The title of this thread is a Gateway Trumpist lie. Trumpists (like all liberals) who would put a slanted spin on the truth.

Ted was booed. But by a small minority. He certainly was not booed off the stage.

And it took courage and class for Cruz to take to the stage and face his enemies. Had he stayed home - he would have sent the message that he was a weak sore loser.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
you're right - my priorities are just so screwed up that I would place the safety of my children ahead of the hope that sometime in the not too distant future we might MIGHT get the perfect candidate. 

What you're saying is that you are voting your conscience.   That's all that Cruz was saying too.

But the Trumpsters have to make this about ring-kissing. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
To paraphrase Rush Limbaugh, Ted Cruz is living rent free in Trump's head.  Regardless of what transpired during the primary, Trump has the nomination and his opponent is Hillary Clinton, not Ted Cruz.  I can't understand how he and his supporters could think that destroying Senator Cruz would benefit them in a race with Sec. Clinton.  Senator Cruz could disappear in the next five minutes and that would not give Mr. Trump one more vote.

Trump may not get the normal post convention bounce, because he allowed the narrative to focus on Cruz, plagiarized speeches, and tactics that mimic a WWE spectacle, rather than his agenda  Hitlerly thanks him.

Oops...   My bad.  I forgot.......Trump has no agenda.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No. I don't admire his actions. Rather, I admire the actions of Ronald Reagan when faced with the same situation.

Reagan did almost the same thing with a very similar speech, and unlike what is going around, no, he didn't endorse Ford in his 76 speech.
This link has the full text of Reagan's speech, not a single endorsement of Ford, even a hint at it. He just talked about values, like Cruz did last night.
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/07/20/ronald-reagan-ever-endorse-gerald-ford/

You'll notice something striking, the speeches are very, very similar-

Offline Resp3

You seem confused and conflicted. Cruz took the same approach as Regan did. Are you paying attention to other comments on this thread that remind us that Reagan didn't endorse Ford?

Offline bilo

It did strongly resemble another Trump media charade.

And all the usual characters are falling right in line with the dialogue.

Reality TV was what one of the CNN panel pointed out. The mob is all "cranked up" and shouting fealty to their leader, but in the end you can't win elections by denouncing people who have values. You have to make these people your allies. Trump and his supporters don't know how to do this.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Mechanicos

Yes Reagan did endorse Ford before the speech so it was a non-issue. Funny how the Antis love to create fiction over reality.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Poser

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/21/ted-cruz-did-not-endorse-donald-trump-but-ronald-reagan-supported-gerald-ford-to-win/

From the article:

Reagan did not formally use the term “I endorse” when speaking about Ford, but he clearly called for a Ford victory as soon as he took the stage.

Reagan referred to Ford’s running mate, Bob Dole, as the “vice president to be,” prompting applause from the crowd of delegates.

“We must go forth from here united, determined that what a great general said a few years ago is true: There is no substitute for victory, Mr. President,” Reagan said in closing.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
They weren't  booing those statements....they were booing Cruz's refusal to endorse Trump....and failing this even after they chanted "endorse Trump".....which is what a Convention is about.....speakers who support the Official Nominee and utilize the opportunity  for their endorsements. Cruz ignored their pleas  and instead 'schooled" them on how they should vote. ..and basically continued his campaigning for 2020 by attempting to do as Reagan did........which nobody there was in a mood for after weathering the primary.

You just admitted something very telling about your own values and that of those who booed. -  If you take Cruz saying 'vote your values' as not endorsing Trump - you admit Trump does not follow your values.

Offline aligncare

did you miss the part about Trump winning? 

whether or not we agree with his morals?  when we are faced with a dem'RAT who called off a rescue team and let Americans die?  when a dem'RAT president will be flying refugees by the thousands and settling them in OUR small midwest towns since the cities are already ruined by home-grown blm terrorists?

you're right - my priorities are just so screwed up that I would place the safety of my children ahead of the hope that sometime in the not too distant future we might MIGHT get the perfect candidate.  I give - you're right - I'll just stay home and not vote at all.  You convinced me.  Thanks.

These people are riding 40-story high horses. Get back to earth! We have the most corrupt, incompetent person in the history of politics, Hillary Clinton, looming on the horizon...

Balls in your court #NeverTrumps. What's more important?  Faith, family, country, or your pride?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
These people are riding 40-story high horses. Get back to earth! We have the most corrupt, incompetent person in the history of politics, Hillary Clinton, looming on the horizon...

Balls in your court #NeverTrumps. What's more important?  Faith, family, country, or your pride?

Don't you have some patients, or something, to attend to?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline thackney

You mean when Reagan did not endorse Ford at the convention after Ford won the nomination?

https://reaganlibrary.archives.gov/archives/reference/8.19.76.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
As far as I can tell, and my access to information is currently limited, Ted did not say anything directly negative against Trump. But he also did not say anything directly negative against Hillary.

Cruz focuses on ideas, principles, and values.  He talks about people positively in order to maintain decorum, and negatively only when pushed to an extreme.  He was describing *what* people should vote *for*, not *whom* they should vote against.

There was a time, not long ago, when many of us wished for a candidate who would speak in precisely those terms.  A few of us still do.
James 1:20

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/flashback-ted-cruz-promises-national-tv-endorse-donald-trump-video/

Guess its the fact that repub party twisted themselves into pretzels insinuating that Trump would not support the party if another candidate won.  Turns out its the OTHER guys who are not keeping their word.

People don't need to be told to vote their conscience - they do it anyway.  The delegates who tried to invalidate the votes of the citizens claimed they needed to vote their conscience instead of vote outcomes.  Maybe people are just tired of the games and the hair-splitting.

A pledge is a pledge.

He later in March said he would not, and with good reason as Trump attacked his values, his wife and his father.  No one in his right mind would support a person who is that poor a person.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/28/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-support/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Yes Reagan did endorse Ford before the speech so it was a non-issue. Funny how the Antis love to create fiction over reality.

Here is the speech:

https://reaganlibrary.archives.gov/archives/reference/8.19.76.html

Would you please point out the words of his endorsement?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline bilo

The political suicide we saw last night was of an entire party. We witnessed the death of the values based Republican Party last night. The final nail was when gown men were threatening Heidi Cruz to the point she had to walk out with armed security. This is now a party of mob rule, a party that booed the phrase 'voting your values', a party that booed 'voting for the Constitution', a party that booed when Cruz said " fight for freedom, to protect our God-given rights" , a party that booed 'Cast aside anger for love', a party that even booed when Cruz said "God Bless America". This split has been a long time coming. Even if you aren't a Ted Cruz fan, you owe him a debt of gratitude for exposing that.

1,000x's  :amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

Faith, family, country - wasn't that what Trump's supporters were booing last night?

Who's pride was at stake again?

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
The political suicide we saw last night was of an entire party. We witnessed the death of the values based Republican Party last night. The final nail was when gown men were threatening Heidi Cruz to the point she had to walk out with armed security. This is now a party of mob rule, a party that booed the phrase 'voting your values', a party that booed 'voting for the Constitution', a party that booed when Cruz said " fight for freedom, to protect our God-given rights" , a party that booed 'Cast aside anger for love', a party that even booed when Cruz said "God Bless America". This split has been a long time coming. Even if you aren't a Ted Cruz fan, you owe him a debt of gratitude for exposing that.

Amen.  The Republican establishment seriously damaged the Republican party during the last 8 years (or longer), but the Trump movement killed it.
James 1:20

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Since he is a Republican, he should not have attended the convention

There are a lot of reasons other than a presidential candidate that occur to go to a convention, like meeting with supporters, party platform.

You imply nominating a presidential candidate is that is all that there is.  wrong.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.

Yeah, at some point Trump supporters really should stop with the lies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Amen.  The Republican establishment seriously damaged the Republican party during the last 8 years (or longer), but the Trump movement killed it.

I currently have no party at the national level!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien