Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77571 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
[uote author=Poser link=topic=216745.msg978396#msg978396 date=1469108311]
Aha! You have proved Godwin's law once again. You lose the argument.
[/quote]

@Poser

Ah,HAH! You are someone who confuses a brain fart designed to deflect an uncomfortable truth with wisdom!

Give thinking a chance.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline oldmomster

Maybe a Trump supporter can explain something.

Cruz didn't say a single negative word about Trump.

In fact, he opened his speech with a congratulatory message to him.

Cruz encouraged people to vote their consciences, up and down the ticket.

What are y'all so mad about?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/flashback-ted-cruz-promises-national-tv-endorse-donald-trump-video/

Guess its the fact that repub party twisted themselves into pretzels insinuating that Trump would not support the party if another candidate won.  Turns out its the OTHER guys who are not keeping their word.

People don't need to be told to vote their conscience - they do it anyway.  The delegates who tried to invalidate the votes of the citizens claimed they needed to vote their conscience instead of vote outcomes.  Maybe people are just tired of the games and the hair-splitting.

A pledge is a pledge.

Offline Night Hides Not

So you are saying that a Donald Trump loss means Ted Cruz is at fault, not Donald Trump?

Do you even realize how stupid that comment is? 

No one should be supporting anyone who insults you, your wife, and your father.  It would be a pretty poor character for one to do that.

+1.

Here's how I roll: my last two months of HS were spent enduring vilification from my classmates, because I had the temerity to accept a 4 year ROTC scholarship. I was called a host of names, the more printable being "babykiller" and "sellout".  One of my favorite teachers told me to my face how disappointed he was in me. I can only recall receiving encouragement from one teacher. He was thrilled because he was a former Jesuit priest from Marquette, and I opted to attend Gonzaga.

I've never been back. However, I stay in contact with my college buddies on almost a daily basis.

The surliness of the typical Trump supporter has turned me off. The race for 2016 has come down to picking your poison. Trump has 3+ months to offer enough of an antidote to get my vote.
BTW, it's the same HS that Rachel Maddow graduated from, about 15 miles south of Berkeley.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

Because bullies attack until they are smacked hard enough they have to back down.

Exactly right.

Cruz showed last night that he won't bow his knee to Trump, and there's not a damn thing any of them can do about it.

Some Republican establishment types gripe about Trump privately, but only one man has faced down the childish, insecure bully, and will continue to do so.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hope a constitutional conservative DOES get a conservative party going - clearly the republicans are NOT serving us.

The next time you call Trump supporters Trumpanzees, I'll report you.

@oldmomster

You need to change your screen name to either "Snitch" or "Net Nanny". Either would be appropriate.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/flashback-ted-cruz-promises-national-tv-endorse-donald-trump-video/

Guess its the fact that repub party twisted themselves into pretzels insinuating that Trump would not support the party if another candidate won.  Turns out its the OTHER guys who are not keeping their word.

People don't need to be told to vote their conscience - they do it anyway.  The delegates who tried to invalidate the votes of the citizens claimed they needed to vote their conscience instead of vote outcomes.  Maybe people are just tired of the games and the hair-splitting.

A pledge is a pledge.

Trump is about the last person who can use the pledge is a pledge criticism.   After what he did to Cruz and the other candidates he should be slinking off to his sewer instead of the nomination.

Has Trump answered for his multitude of blatant lies?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WAC

I'm not so sure all supporters of Trump are mad.......rather they are disappointed that Cruz had the opportunity to unite the party and many wanted to hear that directly.....instead Cruz rode the edge of the party divisions by not endorsing Trump.......and with that continues to "campaign" and set the "standards" of what he has determined are the touch stones for voting. throughout this morning in speaking with the Texan Delegates and answering their questions......

So it's understandable certainly that some are angry.......they aren't looking to 2020 but to this very election.

Offline thackney

A pledge is a pledge.

Trump rescinds pledge to back Republican nominee; Cruz, Kasich refuse to commit support
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/30/trump-rescinds-pledge-to-back-republican-nominee-cruz-kasich-refuse-to-commit-support.html
March 30, 2016

When asked if he would keep the pledge he signed last September, Trump responded "No, I won’t." The real estate mogul explained that he was taking back the pledge because, "I have been treated very unfairly," and listed the Republican National Committee and party establishment among those he believes have wronged him.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I'm not so sure all supporters of Trump are mad.......rather they are disappointed that Cruz had the opportunity to unite the party and many wanted to hear that directly.....instead Cruz rode the edge of the party divisions by not endorsing Trump.......and with that continues to "campaign" and set the "standards" of what he has determined are the touch stones for voting. throughout this morning in speaking with the Texan Delegates and answering their questions......

So it's understandable certainly that some are angry.......they aren't looking to 2020 but to this very election.

It's not Cruz's job to unite the party.  It's Trumps and it's obviously a job he has no idea how to do and doesn't care to figure it out.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

NY Chris Collins bashing Cruz as a "self-absorbed narcissist" even after lyin' Don was so generous to allow him to speak. He is one angry RINO. Trumpism is a mental disorder just as Obamism was in 2008.

He admits that Trump knew the content of the speech. They really have trouble with the principled conservative and vote your conscience thing.

Thats all the radio sock puppets in my market are saying as well.

I do not believe the long term effects of Ted's speech will in any way resemble what they think. Personally I couldn't be more proud of the guy.

Offline Poser

Cruz didn't say a single negative word about Trump.

In fact, he opened his speech with a congratulatory message to him.

Cruz encouraged people to vote their consciences, up and down the ticket.

I'll give it a shot. I was a Cruz supporter and now support Trump.

To me it's about class and manners. Cruz had several choices including endorsement and not speaking. Since he is a Republican, he should not have attended the convention and should have kept his mouth shut if he couldn't have supported the candidate. Since he chose to speak (at great length), he should have supported the candidate.

Speaking and not supporting his party's candidate at the nationally televised convention is a clear snub and obvious non-support of the candidate. Saying "he did not, not support the candidate" is ridiculous. Publicly not stating your support of the party's candidate at the convention is classless. I will not support Cruz the next time around.

Kasich made the same mistake. I wouldn't have ever supported him in any case because he's a closet liberal (IMHO of course).

I hope that helps.

Offline oldmomster

@oldmomster

You need to change your screen name to either "Snitch" or "Net Nanny". Either would be appropriate.

so, insults are OK?  personally, I like 'Snitch'.  You can take 'Bully'.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Cruz was the epitome of class. He enunciated conservative principles and told everyone to go out and vote their conscience. This was no anti-Trump tirade. Nobody has been more outspoken about the right and freedom of conscience throughout this campaign than Cruz. This is not some new thing with him. That shows integrity and adherence to principle.

Trump already has by siding with Erdogan and putting conditions on the NATO alliance, undercutting his own running mate.

Cruz was a true statesman last night.  Booing Cruz who said to vote your conscience, fight for freedom and the Constitution was revealing of how low the Republicans have sunk.

I find it very odd that so much attention in the Trump campaign is on his children. NY Chris Collins was pointing to them as the reason to elect Trump- when has this ever happened in the history of presidential politics?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Poser

[uote author=Poser link=topic=216745.msg978396#msg978396 date=1469108311]
Aha! You have proved Godwin's law once again. You lose the argument.

@Poser

Ah,HAH! You are someone who confuses a brain fart designed to deflect an uncomfortable truth with wisdom!

Give thinking a chance.

Straight to the ad hominem. You lose as well.

Silver Pines

A pledge is a pledge.

Apparently the New York delegation DID need to be told to vote their consciences, since they erupted in rage at the suggestion.

Well, you wouldn't answer my earlier question, which was this:  if someone attacked your husband and your father, would you be a disloyal doormat and keep a "pledge" made to that person?  I guess we're to assume you would.

Also, Cruz made a pledge to uphold the Constitution, and he made THAT one on a Bible with his hand upraised to God.  The only time Trump mentioned the Constitution was when the oaf referred to some non-existent amendment. 

Cruz's oath to uphold the Constitution, and his vow to honor his wife, both take precedence over fealty to the orange oaf.

Offline skeeter

A pledge is a pledge.

*Sigh* wrong again.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politics/republican-town-hall-highlights/index.html

Offline rodamala

I'm not so sure all supporters of Trump are mad.......rather they are disappointed that Cruz had the opportunity to unite the party and many wanted to hear that directly.

That is about the same equivalent of getting home from work and beating your wife because your kid punched out his music teacher and was sent home from school early.

Offline thackney

The smart thing would have been to urge others to vote strait R or say nothing at all. In my opinion, Cruz and Kasich have both ended their presidential chances forever.

Jeers and Boos: Transcript of Ted Cruz's Speech
http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/transcript-ted-cruz-convention-speech

If you love our country, and love our children as much as you do, stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom, and to be faithful to the constitution.

In your opinion, which Republicans do you not trust to defend our freedom and not be faithful to the constitution?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Kasich made the same mistake.

Kasich at least did not go out in front of the crowd and try to exploit the opportunity of the national media spotlight to promote himself.  This was Cruz at his elf-serving worst.  I was a Cruz supporter and have yet to support Trump.  But I am intentionally not trying to rain on the Trump parade, as Cruz has done.

Offline bilo

Called him lying Ted one too many times.

As ugly as that was,  I think when you insult and lie about a man's wife and family there is no going back.

I respect Sen Cruz now more than ever.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline aligncare

It had nothing to do with "joining a mob".  It proves, yet again, Ted Cruz is incapable of being a team player, of fighting for a greater good outside his personal ambitions---and everything he has done this year, including last night, is about him--first, last and always.

The people have proven they can embrace someone who has lost an election, but not a sore loser.  Last night Cruz proved he's the loser whose self-interest is above the country's in such a deliberate and obvious way at the moment we are fighting for our survival.

If the Republicans lose in November, he now carries the stain.  If the Republicans win in November, he will be marginalized even more than he is now.  The reported smartest man in the room has proved he is not.

Interesting analysis. I agree. Cruz was grandstanding and tried to grab the focus at the end of a race that he had lost. He should have been more gracious and humble. Going down the road he did at the GOP convention, which is meant to unify factions, was a fatal mistake.

And Let me take this opportunity to pay a compliment, RIV. Your contributions and behavior throughout has been exemplary. Measured, calm, and with understanding and insight. Consider me one of your biggest fans.

Offline WAC

Cruz showed last night that he won't bow his knee to Trump, and there's not a damn thing any of them can do about it.

Yes, in some respects he did that......but more so he's still campaigning and attempting to set the standards by which people should vote......and continued so this morning with the Texas Delegates meeting.

Interesting too that he took the limelight away from Pence.....deliberate or not, and this with 'the media' once again determining Cruz's "decision" would be an either or highlight to the Convention.

Pence got upstaged by Cruz....and has also upstaged, at least this morning, Trumps big night tonight.

Offline Poser

Jeers and Boos: Transcript of Ted Cruz's Speech
http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/transcript-ted-cruz-convention-speech

In your opinion, which Republicans do you not trust to defend our freedom and not be faithful to the constitution?

Many. Let me start with Lindsay Graham, Paul Ryan and John Roberts.

Offline oldmomster

Well, you wouldn't answer my earlier question, which was this:  if someone attacked your husband and your father, would you be a disloyal doormat and keep a "pledge" made to that person?  I guess we're to assume you would.

Cruzpac started it with the Melania photo.  whether or not Ted knew about it beforehand is irrelevant, since it seems to be popular to blame ALL the actions of the supporters on their candidate.

The Cruz campaign was not without some sins itself - and is expected (NOT supported by me) in politics.  But at the end of the day, if you are a member of a party, you are expected to support the eventual winner to bring the party together, NOT fracture it some more.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/03/donald-trump-ted-cruz/