Author Topic: L.A. Times Suggests Military Coup Against President Trump  (Read 353 times)

rangerrebew

L.A. Times Suggests Military Coup Against President Trump
Donald Trump Bull Dung (Andrew Kong Knight / Facebook)
Andrew Kong Knight / Facebook

by Joel B. Pollak20 Jul 2016611

Jamie Kirchick, writing in the Los Angeles Times, asks readers to imagine a military coup against a future President Donald Trump — and argues why one would be necessary.

Kirchick cites the example of the recent failed coup in Turkey as a source of inspiration:

Americans viewing the recent failed coup attempt in Turkey as some exotic foreign news story — the latest, violent yet hardly unusual political development to occur in a region constantly beset by turmoil — should pause to consider that the prospect of similar instability would not be unfathomable in this country if Donald Trump were to win the presidency.

Kirchick goes on to argue that Trump is a nascent authoritarian, whose illegal military orders — such as torturing terrorists — the military would be required to ignore, and then resist by force.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/07/20/coup-kirchick-los-angeles-times-suggests-president-trump/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:50:32 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: L.A. Times Suggests Military Coup Against President Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 01:51:28 pm »
Gee, did the Times just put on full display their liberalism?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 04:57:00 pm »
Once again liberals espouse views that if stated by a Conservative about Lord Foul would have them demanding the Conservative be shot for treason.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 06:04:40 pm »
If I were in the military,  any coup plans would require the existence of President Hilldebeast.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 07:15:50 pm »
From what I've read, the military isn't exactly dancing the Irish Jig over either one but are particularly not enthralled by Madam Clinton because she left Benghazi brothers behind. :im waiting:

geronl

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »
I wouldn't oppose it but I would have reservations on whether it'd be an improvement or not

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 07:47:36 pm »
Just stoking the fuel for the conflict that so many desperately want and are making inevitable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:48:59 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 10:24:52 pm »
If I were in the military,  any coup plans would require the existence of President Hilldebeast.

Everyone should read A State of Disobedience, by Tom Kratman.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!