Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20  (Read 37954 times)

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20
« Reply #350 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »
I absolutely can't stand that opportunistic pig, Chris Christie.  He is very clearly trying to drag Ted down to his level.
Christie sold Romney down the river in 2012 with his photo-op with Obama. He is perfectly willing to sell Cruz down the river in 2016 so he has time to get in shape for 2020.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #353 on: July 20, 2016, 10:52:55 pm »
One thing I always notice about Ted Cruz, is that when he speaks, he doesn't say I, or me, or refer to him being apart from the people...he refers to all of US and he includes himself in that equation.  He talks TO us and uses language that he's WITH us.  He refers to US, not me, not you, not I...US

Just like with Reagans speeches, he brings tears to my eyes.  I watch and listen to him and think, THAT is what we could have had....@$$H0L#$!!  It makes me more mad at all the DUNDERHEADS in this country and where they've taken us.  8888crybaby

Bingo.

A Russian friend tells me that its why Reagan had such an effect there. She said that they were used to Russian leaders standing on a dais 30 feet above the crowd and speaking looking over the crowd with only an occasional glance down. With Reagan he may have stood on that same dais and spoke words they didn't understand but he looked into the crowd at individual faces and those individuals saw real genuine kindness in his eyes.  My friend says it was almost a religious experience for a lot of Russians.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #354 on: July 20, 2016, 10:55:15 pm »
The next time someone uses that "you have to vote for Trump, because Hillary" crap....tell them this:

"I would rather let Joe babysit my kids instead of Mike because Joe has raped fewer kids than Mike."

Let that sink in for a second.

Now, understand that this is exactly what you sound like when you're attempting to justify your decision to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Neither candidate will [likely] rape our children.

What my husband tells me is, he would rather vote for a clown than have the Antichrist in office. Not everyone sees her as such, but for me, I think the devil is in the details. With a crappy candidate on the [R] side, Satan sees his [evil] queen rise to the top.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #355 on: July 20, 2016, 10:56:44 pm »

If Cruz is the conservative and Trump is liberal as so many say, why were Cruz and Trump so buddy buddy?

Hypocrisy.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #356 on: July 20, 2016, 10:59:16 pm »
Well this is disgusting.

Christie to Cruz: Endorse Trump or be 'less of a person'

That's kinda funny coming from  Fat Boy.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #357 on: July 20, 2016, 10:59:30 pm »

What my husband tells me is, he would rather vote for a clown than have the Antichrist in office. Not everyone sees her as such, but for me, I think the devil is in the details. With a crappy candidate on the [R] side, Satan sees his [evil] queen rise to the top.

It is true that Hillary is much worse than Trump.  It is also true Trump missed an opportunity to unify the party. 

Cruz will be a good check on Trump in the Senate.  Hopefully, Cruz will use his legislative leverage to bring Trump to more conservative positions.

But Trump will not always do so on his own volition.   That is Trump realism.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:06:43 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #358 on: July 20, 2016, 11:00:30 pm »

Almost pulled out the doughnut pictures....

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #359 on: July 20, 2016, 11:01:25 pm »

Cruz is making him look bad by refusing to grovel at the feet of Trump.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2016, 11:03:01 pm »

If Cruz is the conservative and Trump is liberal as so many say, why were Cruz and Trump so buddy buddy?

Hypocrisy.

Your pictures are fine.  Better to emphasize that Cruz and Trump could, can and have work[ed] together.

Silver Pines

« Reply #361 on: July 20, 2016, 11:04:40 pm »
Well this is disgusting.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/christie-cruz-trump-endorsement-225903

Shut up and do the Truffle Shuffle for the master, Chunk.
Get the one the master called a child molester over here to do it too.

The morning after Trump loses, Christie will wake up on the floor, surrounded by empty ice cream cartons and Little Debbie boxes, with tears staining his suit lapels.  And Trump will never even call.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #362 on: July 20, 2016, 11:06:01 pm »
Well this is disgusting.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/christie-cruz-trump-endorsement-225903

Shut up and do the Truffle Shuffle for the master, Chunk.
Get the one the master called a child molester over here to do it too.

Maybe Christie should have withheld his endorsement because he damned sure could stand to be less of a person. About 150 lbs less.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Silver Pines

« Reply #363 on: July 20, 2016, 11:07:07 pm »
You are correct. Reagan needed Ford to lose in 1976 in order to win in 1980. His speech was based on that assumption. Cruz needs to take a page out of that book and walk the thin line in his speech. Don't dump his conservative supporters. He also needs to avoid insulting the soft Trump supporters. The hardcore ones will not settle for anything less than obeisance.
:da man:

A couple of weeks ago, we received a letter from Cruz (form letter, of course), and he mentioned Reagan's loss to Ford in 1976/1980 comeback.  I have hope for tonight's speech.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #364 on: July 20, 2016, 11:08:22 pm »

Hypocrisy.

Perhaps Sen. Cruz was extending the benefit of the doubt to Mr. Trump, until Mr. Trump showed his true self.  Lots of people do that, you know.

It's not hypocrisy, just decency.
Let it burn.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #365 on: July 20, 2016, 11:09:02 pm »
A couple of weeks ago, we received a letter from Cruz (form letter, of course), and he mentioned Reagan's loss to Ford in 1976/1980 comeback.  I have hope for tonight's speech.

There's a lot of talk about 2020 and they wouldn't be saying it if they thought Trump was going to win.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #366 on: July 20, 2016, 11:09:17 pm »
Q: How many Little Debbie's does it take to make a big Debbie?

A: Not as many as you might think.

The phat jokes just write themselves.  Hopefully, no one here is phat- fat is ok.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #367 on: July 20, 2016, 11:10:11 pm »
It'll be good to hear Scott Walker speak, one of the Governors who have more than hot air to their name like the Senators. Walker or Perry would have been ideal and have proven records.

Silver Pines

« Reply #368 on: July 20, 2016, 11:10:35 pm »
You may be far more confident in how you see your tomorrows unfold.  I am a simple man that knows not each day if I will be blessed to awaken once again as I lay down to rest.  As simple as I am, I can recall that when I laid my head to rest on September 10, 2001, I had no foresight as to what I would awaken to.  That recollection serves to remind me of my place in the grand scheme.  YMMV.

@katzenjammer

I'm a pretty simple person myself, and I agree with you that none of us knows what the next day, or even the next moment, might hold for us.

But let me ask you---do you believe that simplicity of spirit precludes having strong convictions and principles?

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #369 on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:15 pm »
There's a lot of talk about 2020 and they wouldn't be saying it if they thought Trump was going to win.

What time is Cruz's speech tonight?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Silver Pines

« Reply #370 on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:48 pm »

This is VERY true.

geronl

« Reply #371 on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:58 pm »

Only one of them has been accused but both are known associates of at least one big time pedophile.

So, hedge your bets on that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #372 on: July 20, 2016, 11:12:24 pm »
Q: How many Little Debbie's does it take to make a big Debbie?

A: Not as many as you might think.

*snicker*

geronl

« Reply #373 on: July 20, 2016, 11:12:50 pm »
What time is Cruz's speech tonight?

2:45am in Outer Waldoniastan

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #374 on: July 20, 2016, 11:14:00 pm »

Hypocrisy.
If Cruz is such a liar, why would Trump want his endorsement?

Hypocrisy.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington