Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20  (Read 38000 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2016, 08:33:34 pm »
I could get with that reasoning if someone were holding a gun to my head in the voting booth.  But as it is, I don't "have" to do anything and no hand was dealt to me.I have free will, and no one owns my vote.  It must be earned. 

If I were to vote for Clinton or Trump, it would be hard to live with myself.   Rejecting both of those disasters is the only acceptable option for me.

Well said.  People forget that we live in what is supposed to be a representative republic, and as such we are supposed to vote for the candidate that we think best represents us and our views.

Neither Trump nor Clinton do that in my case, and so I won't be voting for either one.  It's just that simple.
Let it burn.

geronl

« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2016, 08:35:12 pm »
Well said.  People forget that we live in what is supposed to be a representative republic, and as such we are supposed to vote for the candidate that we think best represents us and our views.

Neither Trump nor Clinton do that in my case, and so I won't be voting for either one.  It's just that simple.

:amen:

Silver Pines

« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2016, 08:37:55 pm »
There are many days between now and November 8th....  God only knows what we will all observe and learn...  voting YOUR conscience is the only acceptable action, from how I see it.

Yes, I agree with that.

However, for me, I've learned everything I need to know about Trump this past year. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2016, 08:39:11 pm »

Both of them think we're a pure mob rule democracy.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2016, 08:40:25 pm »

Here's a tip, cow: Get reincarnated in India next time around...
Good one.

Here's a picture of a real cow tip.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2016, 08:40:48 pm »
Yes, I agree with that.

However, for me, I've learned everything I need to know about Trump this past year.

I'm old enough to have had more than 30 years to observe Donald Trump and have been #NeverTrump for most of them.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2016, 08:41:12 pm »
?

Technical issue that may have resolved itself - but I was fearing the worst.

Thankfully not the case.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2016, 08:41:53 pm »

What kills me is knowing we could have had a good candidate to go up against Clinton after eight years of Obama.  Cruz is my first choice, far and away, but I would have been fine supporting Walker, Paul, or Rubio.  But Donald Trump?  Really?

Silver Pines

« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2016, 08:46:25 pm »
Mods, I made a double post, and when I tried to remove it I got a message "Deleting posts on this board is not allowed.'

Could you remove the extra post?  Thanks.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2016, 08:47:18 pm »
Yes, I agree with that.

Just my humble point of view: none of is should pretend to presage what our Lord may choose to reveal.

Silver Pines

« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2016, 08:48:29 pm »
I'm old enough to have had more than 30 years to observe Donald Trump and have been #NeverTrump for most of them.

Yep, I couldn't stand him before he ran for president, either.  He was always just a gasbag braggart.  Now I know he's worse than that.

geronl

« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2016, 08:51:10 pm »
Yep, I couldn't stand him before he ran for president, either.  He was always just a gasbag braggart.  Now I know he's worse than that.

Yep. I have detested him for many years.

Silver Pines

« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2016, 08:56:29 pm »
Just my humble point of view: none of is should pretend to presage what our Lord may choose to reveal.

With all respect, I think the Lord has already revealed the truth about Trump.  And I rest assured that He doesn't expect me to throw support to a man who openly mocks Him.

From his book, "Think Like A Billionaire":

Silver Pines

« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2016, 08:58:08 pm »

Remember the days when that kind of personality turned people off?  Now they look up to it. 

Bizarre.

Wingnut

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.

geronl

« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »
Both parties and both nominees have the same owners and principles.

The long march through the institutions has been completed.

Bye bye America.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2016, 09:04:27 pm »
What kills me is knowing we could have had a good candidate to go up against Clinton after eight years of Obama.  Cruz is my first choice, far and away, but I would have been fine supporting Walker, Paul, or Rubio.  But Donald Trump?  Really?
Yeah, of all our choices we end up with the guy who praised Billzebubba as a good president, praised Hillary's as Sec. of State, was a registered Democrat for the first 4 years of Obummer, and has a wife that admires Michelle Obama. This is the chosen one that can beat Hillary?!

:thud: :facepalm2:

There were plenty of other choices that we could have lived with. But no, the country just had to have the democrat from NY. Because Wall- Oh wait, it's just a virtual wall with a big beautiful door. Because Refugees- Oh wait, he doesn't want to get rid of them anymore and closed the convention the other day with a muslim prayer. I don't know what Donny has left. Because abortion - Oh wait, he back peddled on that too. Because taxes- Oh, wait he wants to raise taxes. I guess destroying the world economy with tariffs. Yee Haw!
That's my two cents.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:07:44 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2016, 09:05:30 pm »
You are a Trump realist like many of us.   We will vote for Trump and hope he can be steered toward the constitution. 

SC is key.

There's nothing "real" about thinking Trump can be steered toward anything constitutional, ever.  Being "real" would be knowing that Trump can't be steered in any direction, unless he, himself, will benefit and gain from it.  And I don't believe for one minute, shrinking government, getting rid of corruption and cronyism and upholding the laws and constitutional boundaries will benefit Trump, one iota.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #295 on: July 20, 2016, 09:07:32 pm »

So did most of his most ardent supporters.  :silly:

I know a guy named Jim Robinson who was calling Trump a lying liberal scumbag just a couple years ago. Today he wants Trump blashemers burned at the stake.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #296 on: July 20, 2016, 09:08:17 pm »

I have not sen you posting here before; but I am looking forward to seeing more. I am here as a FR Refugee. Got a PM over there from @mystery-ak  which I took as more or less an order:

"Get over here" with a link. Well, I did and I am glad I did.

Wingnut

« Reply #297 on: July 20, 2016, 09:09:22 pm »
I talked to her once (by accident) in a theater restroom after watching a sneak preview of "The Woman In Red."  My friend was in the stall next to me and I said, "That's the worst movie I've seen in a long time."  She agreed.  An unknown voice from another stall said, "What movie."  We answered.  Then we heard scurrying....some people at the sink fawning over someone.....then when we left the restroom there was a guy at the concession who said, "Hey, did you know you were just in there with Gilda Radner."

Oops!

Brushes with fame in the bathroom.  One thing about women....If you are a star you don't have to worry about getting your leg peed on.

Oh...did she ask you for a square!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #298 on: July 20, 2016, 09:11:19 pm »
With all respect, I think the Lord has already revealed the truth about Trump.  And I rest assured that He doesn't expect me to throw support to a man who openly mocks Him.

From his book, "Think Like A Billionaire":

Only time will tell.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #299 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:39 pm »
That does not really apply here.  If a tornado hits your house, you know the house is toast.  You don't need to wait and hope for a better revelation from God.

My calendar today reads July 20, 2016.  Many days before it reads November 8, 2106.