Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 28537 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #575 on: July 20, 2016, 12:34:15 am »
I notice the reaction you're getting. How does it feel to be on the other side of the political divide?

I mean, how do you argue against an emotional tantrum? That's what baffles us who wish to see Hillary Clinton vanquished. At this point we have our nominee, and so #NeverTrump is beyond toxic to America's future -- they are deadly.

You can go to hell too.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #576 on: July 20, 2016, 12:35:56 am »
Early each day to the steps of Cleveland
The little old orange man comes
In his own special way to the establishment he calls
Come, buy my bags full of promises
Come buy the little people, show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do
Their young ones are hungry
Their values are so bare
All it takes is Trump Pence from you
Buy the people, Trump Pence in the bag,
Trump Pence, Trump Pence, Trump Pence in the bag
Buy the people that's what he cries
While overhead, his hot air fills the skies
All around the convention the delegates and media
Look down as he sells his promises
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone says that he cares
Though his words are simple and few
Listen, listen, he's calling to you
Buy the people, Trump Pence in the bag
Though his words are simple and few
Listen, listen, she's calling to you
Buy the people, Trump Pence in the bag

Offline aligncare

« Reply #577 on: July 20, 2016, 12:35:58 am »
Well this place will be a foul mood for the rest of the week I take it?

I'm feeling quite well, thank you. In fact, I'm feeling more optimistic than I have in a long time...Go, Trump!

Gee, I hope this post doesn't constitute a micro aggression?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #578 on: July 20, 2016, 12:36:05 am »
Absolutely.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks when the Trumpsters realize that they've been duped!!

Are you kidding? They've long since forgotten why they began supporting Trump in the first place.

If they hadn't they'd already noticed that he is no longer talking about a big beautiful wall, or deportations, or muslims, etc etc.

Now getting Trump elected is an end unto itself for them. It wouldn't matter to them now if he selected Barack Obama as his VP.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:37:30 am by skeeter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #579 on: July 20, 2016, 12:36:31 am »
I mean, how do you argue against an emotional tantrum? That's what baffles us who wish to see Hillary Clinton vanquished. At this point we have our nominee, and so #NeverTrump is beyond toxic to America's future -- they are deadly.

Gonna join your compatriots on Twitter and roam the countryside fantasizing killing Conservatives that won't bend the knee to your prince because we are 'deadly' and 'toxic' to the country???

You people are outing yourselves to be the very real danger and threat to anyone who will not seig-heil your prince.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #580 on: July 20, 2016, 12:37:19 am »
Just the Trumpdavidians.  They are sore winners.    The rest of us will be fine. :beer:

There is some hilarious being posted on twitter tonight.

Walk toward the light Dumbo, walk toward the light :silly:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #581 on: July 20, 2016, 12:37:55 am »
You know, I've never put you on ignore because I had hope you'd turn back into a decent person, but I'm beginning to lose hope.

You're just acting like a jerk.  No one is going to censor you because YOU are the one who demands censorship.

Somewhere deep down inside you know the truth, and it has to be burning a hole in you that you're denying it.

He IS a jerk! Not worth taking the time to put on ignore!  I have a LONG memory and won't soon forget how these Trump cheerleaders have acted here!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

« Reply #582 on: July 20, 2016, 12:39:05 am »
I notice the reaction you're getting. How does it feel to be on the other side of the political divide?

And there you have it, right out in the open.

Thanks for the honesty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #583 on: July 20, 2016, 12:39:52 am »
It shows that they were lying about what the fight was about (which we knew).  I wasn't about delegates.  It was about crushing the grassroots and keeping GOP-e favoring primaries as is.

Yep! You conservatives can go straight to hell!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #584 on: July 20, 2016, 12:40:19 am »
Just listen to these delegates.  They sure don't act as if they have their heart in this.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #585 on: July 20, 2016, 12:41:59 am »

#NeverTrump will be deadly to Donald Trump.  That's all that matters at this point.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #586 on: July 20, 2016, 12:42:10 am »
Are you kidding? They've long since forgotten why they began supporting Trump in the first place.

If they hadn't they'd already noticed that he is no longer talking about a big beautiful wall, or deportations, or muslims, etc etc.

Now getting Trump elected is an end unto itself for them. It wouldn't matter to them now if he selected Barack Obama as his VP.

Great post.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #587 on: July 20, 2016, 12:42:32 am »
No.  What is happening right now is an in-your face to the RNC.  People are mad about Trump.  I'm mad about Trump.

But I'm not voting for the sonofabitch, and I'm continuing my #NeverTrump crusade.   But I can understand some blowing off steam tonight, so we'll make allowances for that.

I'm even more mad at the GOPe than I am Trump! They can both go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #588 on: July 20, 2016, 12:43:58 am »
Just listen to these delegates.  They sure don't act as if they have their heart in this.

Horses heads and fish wrapped in newspaper can have that effect.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #589 on: July 20, 2016, 12:44:56 am »
I'm sure I'm well younger than you, but I completely agree.
I started cynical in the past decade more and more. Maybe it was because I was so involved in politics early on But all that made my cynical as I saw how it worked.

To me, Trump is the culmination of this- it is the manipulation of the masses to give the government more and more power.

Worse, I see this as a big step towards an authoritarian Republican party that cares more about using the hammer of the government to force their way than to actually limit government and maximize individual freedom. ...the party has lost me as a volunteer, donor, and fighter for them.

Your above comments are exactly mine.  I gave ten years of service to our county and state party, did it for free, and now I am 83, so way older than you.  The party has also lost me as a volunteer, donor, and fighter for them, just as you said.

I know Trump is dangerous, more dangerous than Clinton, and if he wins, I will live my life without knowing what he is doing.  Do not plan to follow what he does.  I will live my life well regardless of whether it is him or her.
CatherineofAragon

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #590 on: July 20, 2016, 12:46:53 am »
I'm feeling quite well, thank you. In fact, I'm feeling more optimistic than I have in a long time...Go, Trump!

Gee, I hope this post doesn't constitute a micro aggression?

Let's see you get that bastard elected without me and a few million of my friends!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #591 on: July 20, 2016, 12:48:45 am »

Except it's not just an emotional tantrum. Believe me, I've had emotional tantrums, so I know what I'm talking about.

We have one thing in common: our mutual dislike of Hillary Clinton. The difference is that your side of the argument is willing to support literally any person as the Republican nominee without regard to his qualifications, and are willing to manufacture their own qualifications. Read the stuff Mechanicos posts, for example: even a sane Trump supporter can't defend it.

We on this side of the argument, on the other hand, aren't willing to jump out of the frying pan that is Clinton and into the fire that is Donald Trump. I mean, the dirt both we and the Clinton campaign (as much as we despise them) have on Trump, most of it isn't distortion, manipulation or anything else—it's things he's saying right in his Twitter feed and right in front of the cameras, for the whole world to see. Not only that, but it's what his supporters are saying about silencing opponents. Most of us who could be classified as "neverTrump" believe that not only do you have to simply beat Clinton, but the guy (or gal) we're voting for has to be better than both Clinton and Barack Obama. I have a hard time thinking that Donald Trump is any better, and it shouldn't be hard to see why—and for this reason we're very discouraged at the thought that either Trump or Clinton, barring some miraculous come-from-behind surge from Gary Johnson, is going to be our next President, when several saner candidates were able and willing.

aligncare, you live in New York. You've seen this state's politics: the corruption runs rampant, and the prosecutions are piling up faster than orders at the Carnegie Deli on Hanukkah. You should know that nothing good can come out of this state politically. Donald Trump was part of this system: he's been friendly with the Clintons, appeared with them numerous times, and of course the pay-for-play donations are public record.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #592 on: July 20, 2016, 12:51:59 am »
There's a song for everything!   ^-^

Now if I were very clever and quick, I'd come up with a parody for it.

Where's @Wingnut when you need him??

I've lost that loving feeling.... 

Offline ABX

« Reply #593 on: July 20, 2016, 12:52:06 am »
staff on the floor taking yellow hats from delegates unbound supporters, grabbing them out of our hands. Was told they aren't authorized - Texas delegate

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #594 on: July 20, 2016, 12:52:55 am »

@aligncare

Hey pal I've held my tongue for a long long time but you are a real piece of defective work. You are nasty, obnoxious, and quite frankly one of the dumbest advocates for any candidate I have had the misfortune to run across. Please I beg you, continue to post here and on any forum where even a few intelligent  people may reside because you will do more to further the election of Hilliary than even Trump can do. Your gift of nastiness should not be wasted on just us...pass it along
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:54:51 am by montanajoe »

Silver Pines

« Reply #595 on: July 20, 2016, 12:54:49 am »
There is some hilarious being posted on twitter tonight.

Walk toward the light Dumbo, walk toward the light :silly:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not mad.  I'm sitting back and enjoying the circus.  It's hysterical.

Folks are going to get what they asked for....in spades.

Silver Pines

« Reply #596 on: July 20, 2016, 12:58:05 am »
Your above comments are exactly mine.  I gave ten years of service to our county and state party, did it for free, and now I am 83, so way older than you.  The party has also lost me as a volunteer, donor, and fighter for them, just as you said.

I know Trump is dangerous, more dangerous than Clinton, and if he wins, I will live my life without knowing what he is doing.  Do not plan to follow what he does.  I will live my life well regardless of whether it is him or her.
CatherineofAragon

#Victoria33

Same here.  I'll bear no responsibility for electing either of these disasters.  That train can steam right on without me.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #597 on: July 20, 2016, 01:00:29 am »
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not mad.  I'm sitting back and enjoying the circus.  It's hysterical.

Folks are going to get what they asked for....in spades.

I'm looking forward to the double whammy. First he's going to pivot to the "center" (The muslim cleric giving the closing prayer tonight is a sign of what's to come)

And then comes the realization that Clinton is going to hand his butt to him by double digits.

Wingnut

« Reply #598 on: July 20, 2016, 01:01:37 am »
@aligncare

Hey pal I've held my tongue for a long long time but you are a real piece of defective work. You are nasty, obnoxious, and quite frankly one of the dumbest advocates for any candidate I have had the misfortune to run across. Please I beg you, continue to post here and on any forum where even a few intelligent  people may reside because you will do more to further the election of Hilliary than even Trump can do. Your gift of nastiness should not be wasted on just us...pass it along

Pay no mind to him.   He has terminal Trump Rot of the brain. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #599 on: July 20, 2016, 01:03:44 am »
Philip Rucker ‏@PhilipRucker  7m7 minutes ago
Tonight’s theme is “Make America Work Again,” as in economy. Speeches so far: Benghazi! Emails! Benghazi! Sexual abuse! Benghazi!