Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 28553 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2016, 06:30:26 pm »
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">#MelaniaTrump knows strife, struggle and discomfort--after all she&#39;s married to a Lego pic.twitter.com/QMjf5R8jet</p>— Margaret Cho (@margaretcho)

July 19, 2016

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dying 😂 #MelaniaTrump pic.twitter.com/tnuA4lT6c2</p>— Carrie (@theCarrieNugent)

July 19, 2016
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wonder if Melania has another slut dress to wear for the acceptance speech. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Re: ALTERNATIVE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2016, 06:30:43 pm »

Quote from: Bigun on July 19, 2016, 01:18:39 pm
RNC Refuses To Release List Of Delegates/States Who (Allegedly) Withdrew Roll Call Petition

https://www.facebook.com/CSPAN/videos/10154583522015579/
Kendal Casey Unruh is on fire! Listen to her explain what's happening at the ‪#‎RNCinCLE‬.  She claims they are going to try and procedurally have them PROVE the votes weren't there in the states or that they were withdrawn....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2016, 06:33:14 pm »
Hey, at least your account wasn't outright suspended for "disagreeing" like mine was.

Shades of TOS that I didn't expect here.

I can understand the trumpers wanting to dance and sing cum bah ya (or however it's spelled) but they need to Cowboy Up.  It's gonna be nothing but a trainwreck from here on out and people need to be ready to search for survivors.

geronl

« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2016, 06:33:44 pm »

Melania is the author of 50% of Wikipedia

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2016, 06:35:46 pm »
I just saw a Trumpster describe a Trump quote as "agitprop", the poster also denoted the date was May 8. I assume this is because they put an expiration date on the validity anything their own candidate says
He evolves daily unlike we mere mortals who being confined to time and space are stuck in our past with our fixed truth and silly ideals.
Either that or he pivots more than Obama does.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2016, 06:36:07 pm »

Quote from: L9teen on July 19, 2016, 06:30:43 pm
Kendal Casey Unruh is on fire! Listen to her explain what's happening at the ‪#‎RNCinCLE‬.  She claims they are going to try and procedurally have them PROVE the votes weren't there in the states or that they were withdrawn....

Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/CSPAN/videos/10154583522015579/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2016, 06:37:20 pm »
Remember the exploding heads of the Trumpians going berserk on Cruz and his wife over Goldman Sachs?

Just confirmation they have no principles whatsoever.

Not even those they professed to destroy all Conservative opposition to both Hillary and Trump.

Trump supporters can turn on a dime ... they are so limber now, they could do ballet.  If they had any decency at all, they would remember how they attacked Ted's wife because, well, because she worked for a living like a lot of us regular wives.  And she had a job at Goldlman Sachs.  There were trumpers on TOS that had Goldman Sachs in their tag line.

So Trump is going to have a Goldman Sachs speaker?  If it didn't make me sick to go there, I'd go see how the zombies are justifying that.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2016, 06:40:46 pm »
Shades of TOS that I didn't expect here.

I can understand the trumpers wanting to dance and sing cum bah ya (or however it's spelled) but they need to Cowboy Up.  It's gonna be nothing but a trainwreck from here on out and people need to be ready to search for survivors.

I am thankful that cooler heads prevailed.  What I wrote was reviewed by two others and the account suspension was determined inappropriate.  Everyone has their moments and I was happy to let it drop, kind of expecting that the person that wronged me would have been decent enough to apologize, but of course that did not happen.  But it really started grating me the wrong way when I see that person continuing to block people all the while reminding us of the rules.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2016, 06:43:40 pm »

Quote from: L9teen on July 19, 2016, 06:30:43 pm

This stuff is amazing. I just hope the opposition remains strong throughout this and continues to force the issue.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2016, 06:45:48 pm »
Ya'll remember when people on TOS used to co balistic about how Heidi Cruz was supposed to go back to da kitchen and make sammichs not ask us to help support her husband? Yet now with Trump we get the whole clan and nobody minds a bit.

Oh well like Melina Trump said Stupid is as stupid does.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2016, 06:47:24 pm »

If the Texas delegation is not in the fight, then we have essentially lost already.

Incredibly disappointing from TEXAS.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2016, 06:51:54 pm »
If the Texas delegation is not in the fight, then we have essentially lost already.

It is just the Texas chair, Amy says they had 70 of the 78 Texas delegates on board but the chair, Dan Patrick, said in no uncertain terms, he would refuse to acknowledge them if they spoke up and then with a wink and a nod, implied he wouldn't even be on the floor to give them an open mic to speak.

Amy has the Facebook 'go live' videos on her page, she is trying to find a way to share externally but you can see them here if you scroll down the page.
https://www.facebook.com/amy.hedtke?fref=ts

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2016, 06:53:29 pm »

Because we have arrived at the same point Italy did in 1922 and Germany in 1933.

Either you goosestep to the cult of personality chosen to rule, or you will be 'dealt with'.

No one wants to be seen as refusing to salute the caesar.

Except a very small few who understand what we find ourselves in the midst of.

edit: Remove graphic
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:28:52 pm by MOD3 »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2016, 06:55:05 pm »
It is just the Texas chair, Amy says they had 70 of the 78 Texas delegates on board but the chair, Dan Patrick, said in no uncertain terms, he would refuse to acknowledge them if they spoke up and then with a wink and a nod, implied he wouldn't even be on the floor to give them an open mic to speak.

Amy has the Facebook 'go live' videos on her page, she is trying to find a way to share externally but you can see them here if you scroll down the page.
https://www.facebook.com/amy.hedtke?fref=ts

70 is not enough! They need 78. If Texas can't put up a majority, that's disheartening.

I'm betting some border delegates honestly believe Trump's wall bullcrap. Boy are they in for a rude awakening.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Wingnut

« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2016, 06:57:42 pm »

Oh well like Melina Trump said Stupid is as stupid does.

My boy donald sure is a runnin' fool! -Melenia Trump

geronl

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2016, 07:05:21 pm »

When toady Dan Patrick was put in charge, it was all over.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2016, 07:06:07 pm »
He never disappoints, lol.

Steve Deace@SteveDeaceShow   3h3 hours ago

A TX delegate tells me the names of those who signed yesterday's petition were revealed to pro-Trump/Reince people to be pressured.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2016, 07:10:23 pm »
Don't any of these delegates have the guts in which to tell Priebus, Manafort, and their RNC goons to go pound sand????  Seems to me like they are letting themselves be intimidated and steamrolled... 

:huh?:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

geronl

« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2016, 07:11:19 pm »
I just noticed the competing thread has 12 posts.

lol

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2016, 07:12:21 pm »
Every professor who has ever graded a paper (like ME) knows that there is software that picks up plagiarism.......... even a tiny little bit.

The idea that the speechwriter didn't know this was Michelle's speech is absurd. 

Melania probably didn't, but she claimed that she wrote it herself, so that's another matter entirely.....

I think she probably did compose it herself.  I suspect that she had other first lady candidates' speeches to look at and may have just rolled some nice-sounding rhetoric into her speech.  Was it a rookie error?  Absolutely.  Should someone have checked her speech before she gave it?  Yes, they should have, and if they did and didn't catch this....well, another unforced error. 

Having said all of that, I don't know much about Melania as a person, and I don't want to knock her for things that I really can't judge her on. 

I'm going to be blunt here: some of the over-the-top criticism of Melania evokes TOS and the "destroy them at all costs" pack mentality.  She may not be the ideal FL, but she certainly wouldn't be the worst FL we've ever had, keeping in mind who her husband is running against.

Does that mean she's persuaded me to support Trump?  No.  Who she is is not relevant to my opinion of her husband.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2016, 07:16:04 pm »
Alignedcare's hate boner towards us is so hard it could cut glass.  Wait till tonight,  He will need bigger pants.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2016, 07:18:18 pm »
I just noticed the competing thread has 12 posts.

lol

How many times can one say, 'Trump the great and powerful' without plagiarizing everyone else.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2016, 07:20:24 pm »
I like "Unofficial" myself.
And Friday I'll make it the Official Friday Silliness Thread, as that would be the most appropriate title. :whistle:

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2016, 07:21:56 pm »
http://therightscoop.com/trump-supporters-surround-utah-delegate-and-threaten-to-kill-her-in-rnc-convention-bathroom/

Trump supporters surround Utah Delegate and threaten TO KILL HER in RNC convention bathroom

I will never ever trust a Trump supporter.

So, I've seen many posts and reports about delegates being threatened, about changing their vote or the whole signature thing, and there's people saying that more than the delegates yelled YAY, during the vote.

Question is, is ANYTHING being done about it?  Is it being challenged, at all? :shrug: