Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 28544 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: ALTERNATIVE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2016, 04:28:38 pm »
Chairman Reince Priebus did this.  He did the same thing in 2012 and I watched him do it.  It was again about accepting the rules.  It was voice vote and the nays were much louder than the ayes but he said the ayes had it and he left the stage.  There was loud hollering and banging over his call, but it was over. Priebus is not the soft spoken man he pretends to be.  He is ruthless and it WILL be done the way he wants it no matter what the majority wants.

I remember that, and the "vote" in 2012 led to changes that affected how this year's primaries would be run.  The rules were supposed to have been tailored to shoe-in Jeb Bush or some other firmly-in-the-pocket candidate, which goes to show just how little control the GOPe really has on the process.  Trump is what they deserve, I just wish the rest of us didn't have to be involved.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

HonestJohn

« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2016, 04:29:14 pm »
The government guarantees your free speech. However, as a private entity TBR has no such constitutional requirement.

I think management made a determination that you have plenty of space on this forum to spew Trump hatred over 99% of the other threads.

I think they were probably just trying to clear the isles for some undisrupted discussion of the convention, rather than catering to your neverTrump obsessive need to emote about losing the 2016 republican presidential primary to Donald Trump. Try getting over it. You'll feel better.

This is the vilest post I've seen today.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2016, 04:35:08 pm »

You must have missed the one from the fellow comparing Myst unfavorably to JR at TOS, and that she has made TBR worse than that place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2016, 04:36:49 pm »
I have been contacted by some mods. I found their responses heartening. At TOS, they would circle the wagons and immediately ban or suspend me for daring to point out the impropriety. I'm sensing a bit of empathy on TBR instead. So that's a good thing!  As far as the other thread - I've forgotten about it. It's a TCG thread.   

"What is sad is that Trump is causing even this small forum to become completely balkanized. What does that mean for the party in general?"

You aren't going far enough when you say, "for the party in general".  Trump will destroy the whole country, not just the party.  I am not kidding when I say, due to his mental disorder, he will start WWIII.  Every family should have water and food and other items stored, especially if he becomes president.
@Bigun
@kartographer
@CatherineofAragon

Wingnut

« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2016, 04:45:13 pm »

Alignedcare's hate boner towards us is so hard it could cut glass.  Wait till tonight,  He will need bigger pants.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2016, 04:47:51 pm »

I don't want to spend a lot of time talking about the other thread, but I do want to weigh in my opinion. I was miffed yesterday that that thread was in bold red at the top of the page like it was the official thread and this thread was stuck away like we were the ugly step-children. Today I see that the other thread is labeled a caucus convention thread and we have a bold red link as the Open thread. Thank you to the mods. We mirrored the convention yesterday with a bit of unruliness and dissension over these threads, but the mods did step in and struck a fair balance, in my opinion.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2016, 04:48:35 pm »
Guys, I created this thread yesterday because I knew the main thread was not going to be as loose as I wanted it to be. I never expected this to be any more than a lame alternative with a few contributors.  Had no idea it was going to be so popular.  We have much more robust discussions over here, so I'm going to stay over here.

I said yesterday, I went to the other thread, and I did today, and there is nothing for me to read - they are all on my IGNORE list so nothing there but a few idle comments from those here.  No point in going back there just as there isn't any point in going over to FR, it will be the same.

geronl

« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2016, 04:49:58 pm »
I would love to hear 800 delegates chanting "Hell No" when Trumps turn to speak comes

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2016, 04:52:21 pm »
Just focus on making this the best thread we can. Don't worry about the caucus thread.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2016, 04:56:06 pm »
"We should be saying whether we're Democrats or Republicans, we share the same values" - Ben Carson 7-19, 2016

Absolutely the most honest and forthright thing stated from this circus of a party.

Trump and Hillary share the same exact values.  So much so that Trump plagiarized almost verbatim Hillary and Bernie's Trade policy positions

The GOP and the Democrat Party share the same exact values.

Uniparty indeed!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2016, 04:58:06 pm »
OK, who wants to start a pool on how the Trump Campaign will screw up the convention today?

They will confuse the Slovenian National Anthem for the Star Spangled Banner...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2016, 04:58:18 pm »
I don't want to spend a lot of time talking about the other thread, but I do want to weigh in my opinion. I was miffed yesterday that that thread was in bold red at the top of the page like it was the official thread and this thread was stuck away like we were the ugly step-children. Today I see that the other thread is labeled a caucus convention thread and we have a bold red link as the Open thread. Thank you to the mods. We mirrored the convention yesterday with a bit of unruliness and dissension over these threads, but the mods did step in and struck a fair balance, in my opinion.

That they did. 

Amen.

And rightfully so.

And rightfully titled too I might add (at the top of the board).
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2016, 04:59:26 pm »
Guys....let's not turn this fine new thread (thanks Sinkspur!) into another bitch-fest about TOS or TOT, eh?

This thread is getting top billing.  Do not see the problem at all.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline ABX

« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2016, 05:01:30 pm »
Sink, would you mind if I change the name to 'open thread' instead of 'alternate'.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2016, 05:03:58 pm »
"We should be saying whether we're Democrats or Republicans, we share the same values" - Ben Carson 7-19, 2016

Absolutely the most honest and forthright thing stated from this circus of a party.

Trump and Hillary share the same exact values.  So much so that Trump plagiarized almost verbatim Hillary and Bernie's Trade policy positions

The GOP and the Democrat Party share the same exact values.

Uniparty indeed!

Most of what Trump says that conservatives like came from Ted Cruz or other conservatives.

Wingnut

« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2016, 05:10:42 pm »
Sink, would you mind if I change the name to 'open thread' instead of 'alternate'.

I like "Unofficial" myself.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2016, 05:14:03 pm »

Just focus on making this the best thread we can. Don't worry about the caucus thread.

:thumbsup:

I feel a great thread coming on....
I will NOT comply.

geronl

« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2016, 05:14:34 pm »
http://therightscoop.com/trump-supporters-surround-utah-delegate-and-threaten-to-kill-her-in-rnc-convention-bathroom/

Trump supporters surround Utah Delegate and threaten TO KILL HER in RNC convention bathroom

A Utah delegate was reportedly threatened inside a bathroom at Quicken Loans Arena during the Republican National Convention Monday.

According to NBC, Utah delegate Kera Birkeland was on the floor during the Rules vote as one of the delegates calling for a roll call vote.

Birkeland reportedly went to the women’s restroom and when she emerged from a stall, a group of Trump supporters surrounded her and threatened to kill her, urging her to leave the party and the state.

I will never ever trust a Trump supporter.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2016, 05:19:28 pm »

Fine with me.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2016, 05:22:16 pm »
Manafort: "There’s a political tint to this whole issue... the Clinton camp was the first to get it out there."

David Frum ‏@davidfrum  2h2 hours ago
David Frum
Your opponents will pounce upon incompetent political fails, yes. That's why it's important not to suck at your job

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2016, 05:23:25 pm »

My comment was vile? You need some perspective. Look back over the scores of posts you made slandering Donald Trump and those voters planning on supporting the republican nominee before calling what I said vile.

If I didn't know better I'd say you were being highly sensitive if you think my comment "vile."  (A dictionary might be useful in fine tuning your understanding of the word vile and show how to use it in the proper context)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:29:01 pm by aligncare »

Wingnut

« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2016, 05:24:34 pm »
http://therightscoop.com/trump-supporters-surround-utah-delegate-and-threaten-to-kill-her-in-rnc-convention-bathroom/

Trump supporters surround Utah Delegate and threaten TO KILL HER in RNC convention bathroom

I will never ever trust a Trump supporter.

Without followers, evil cannot spread.

Offline ABX

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2016, 05:30:58 pm »
Haven't confirmed if this is real (the Trump tweet is, it is on his page). It is hitting the buzzfeed type sites hard this morning.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2016, 05:36:02 pm »
Here's Melania's RickRoll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KtzdP7mR-4

"Madam Secretary... my sweet love... it is done. We totally put our writer on Melania's speech. Team Trump is so clueless that they didn't even suspect a thing. We already have the 'Melania plagiarized' attack talking points out to our team for right afterwards."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!