Author Topic: Turkey faces being kicked out of Nato over coup - as Merkel tells Erdogan if he reintroduces the death penalty he will kill his chances of joining EU  (Read 336 times)

rangerrebew

Turkey faces being kicked out of Nato over coup - as Merkel tells Erdogan if he reintroduces the death penalty he will kill his chances of joining EU

Turkey has pledged to severely punish those responsible for failed coup
    Government supporters have called for death penalty to be brought back
    But Germany says reinstating it would end country's bid to join the EU

By Jennifer Newton for MailOnline

Published: 06:05 EST, 18 July 2016 | Updated: 05:41 EST, 19 July 2016

Turkey has been warned by Germany that it will kill its chances of joining the European Union if it reinstates the death penalty in the wake of a failed military coup.

World leaders have also threatened the country with expulsion from Nato.

More than 6,000 people, mainly military personnel and workers in the interior ministry have been arrested since the coup plotters sent warplanes firing on key government installations and tanks rolling into major cities on Friday night.

But the rebellion wasn't supported by the military's top brass and was quashed by loyal government forces and masses of civilians who took to the streets. At least 294 people were killed and more than 1,400 wounded.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3695492/If-reinstate-death-penalty-kill-chances-joining-EU-Germany-tells-Turkey.html#ixzz4Er18lbWT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

READ MORE

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Turkey faces being kicked out of Nato over coup - as Merkel tells Erdogan if he reintroduces the death penalty he will kill his chances of joining EU"

In that case, I hope Erdogan -does- get the death penalty re-enacted... and SOON.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Turkey faces being kicked out of Nato over coup - as Merkel tells Erdogan if he reintroduces the death penalty he will kill his chances of joining EU"

In that case, I hope Erdogan -does- get the death penalty re-enacted... and SOON.

The truth is, the EU should not ever consider Turkey under Erdogan or Turkey under any kind of Islamic bend.

I have been told Turkey at times, has been close to Secular.

The EU really can not consider Turkey because doesn't that mean a lot of leeway to travel between countries? I think so. There might still be obstacles but a lot would need to be ironed out.

Offline The_Reader_David

Turkey should be thrown out of NATO, and the US should open negotiations with Greece to build an airbase to replace Incirlik (for which generous rent would be paid, thereby also easing the Greek debt crisis), maybe on Crete, and in the meantime another carrier should be moved to the eastern Mediterranean or the Gulf.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline skeeter

The truth is, the EU should not ever consider Turkey under Erdogan or Turkey under any kind of Islamic bend.

The EU really can not consider Turkey because doesn't that mean a lot of leeway to travel between countries? I think so. There might still be obstacles but a lot would need to be ironed out.

The EU is supposed to be borderless among its members.

Turkey in the EU would be a stake in the heart of traditional Europe.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Turks are to Europe as the Mexicans are to America. They are low wage unskilled, semi-skilled, workers and migrant day laborers. The rich Liberals in Europe want Turks for the same reasons that the ultra-rich in America want Mexicans. They want them so they can exploit them and use them as cheap labor.

As in America and its 'open-borders' with Mexico, the desire to include Turkey in the EU has nothing at all to do with being a 'humanitarian' as the Liberals always claim. It is based on the oldest motive on Earth, money. It is all about making rich people richer. And all the hippy vegans falling for it, are just dupes and puppets of the millionaires whether they know it or not.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Turkey needs to be kicked out of NATO, and then their prospective purchases of F35s [they are a "partner"] and other western arms needs to be stopped.

The country is going islamist and Erdogan is using the "coup" as an excuse to further advance his goals.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline kidd

I do not want the US to be placed in a position where it has to defend an Islamocracy.

Kick Turkey out of NATO or disband NATO altogether.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:43:54 pm by kidd »