Author Topic: Ivanka Trump: Republican no-shows 'don't want to be part of the future'  (Read 863 times)

Offline sinkspur

Ivanka Trump: Republican no-shows 'don't want to be part of the future'

By NICK GASS 07/18/16 04:52 PM EDT

Ivanka Trump says she's not the least bit hurt that the likes of George W. Bush, John McCain and Mitt Romney will not take part in the Republican National Convention.

“No, that’s their choice if they don’t want to be part of the narrative, if they don’t want to be part of the future,” the eldest daughter of the presumptive Republican nominee told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday, in an interview set to air Tuesday. She added, “But this really is about a forward-looking moment.”

Trump, who will introduce her father on Thursday night, noted that the brash Manhattan businessman has shaken things up in the Republican Party. Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who unsuccessfully ran in this year's presidential primaries, is also skipping the four-day convention in his home state.

“My father is an outsider, and we went through a very tough primary,” Trump said. “And he emerged from that the winner, but there were certainly ruffled feathers along the way.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/ivanka-trump-convention-225728#ixzz4Eo37ugmS
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

The registered Democrat spawn speaks!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

She's not even a Republican, is she?

Just another self-entitled snotty nosed twit. Born on third and thinks she hit a triple. There is nothing she can say that in any way would add value to my life. All she and her mouth breathing brothers are attempting to do is set America up to steal her blind.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
She's not even a Republican, is she?

As far as I know she is registered as a Republican but at this point what does that even mean...

Offline Fantom

Strangely ..I care about her opinion about as much as I care about Romney, McCain, Jeb or Kasich's opinion.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:57:11 pm by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Ivanka Trump can KMA. 
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Strangely ..I care about her opinion about as much as Romney, McCain or Jeb.

Ditto!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
"Their future" is one that will look like Italy in the 20's and Germany in the 30's.

No madame, we do not want anything to do with being part of 'your future'.

We are determined to stop it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

Not exactly an inspiring message of unity

Offline Mechanicos

Its a great message of Unity.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Republicans who care about the future - of the party, of conservatism, of the nation - are staying away from Cleveland.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
"Their future" is one that will look like Italy in the 20's and Germany in the 30's.

No madame, we do not want anything to do with being part of 'your future'.

We are determined to stop it.

INDEED!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RedHead

“No, that’s their choice if they don’t want to be part of the narrative, if they don’t want to be part of the future,” the eldest daughter of the presumptive Republican nominee told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday, in an interview set to air Tuesday. She added, “But this really is about a forward-looking moment.”

They don't want to be part of the narrative...no matter who writes it.

Offline RedHead

Unifying who?

Offline Mechanicos

Unifying who?
Pro-American Patriots.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RedHead

Pro-American Patriots.

Most of those are already against Trump.  Try again.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sorry Ivanka, you and your trashy family will be mere footnotes in history in a few years.   Hope you can keep your clothes on better than your Step Mom

We conservatives are giving you the finger en masse......  F Off.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

The first step is to realize you have a problem with delusion.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:32:43 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Just_Victor

Refusing passage on the Titanic is a bad move?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Mechanicos

Most of those are already against Trump.  Try again.
As seen by the voting and convention its not many. Its a small amount of deluded Cruz supporters acting as a veneer over the Bush/Romney, et all open borders, cheap labor cartel. Which cartel is not pro-American Patriots by any means.

Offline WAC

As seen by the voting and convention its not many. Its a small amount of deluded Cruz supporters acting as a veneer over the Bush/Romney, et all open borders, cheap labor cartel. Which cartel is not pro-American Patriots by any means.

Well they had their try on the convention floor......it's done now......should have been a done deal when Cruz dropped out. ...

I have greatly supported Cruz in the past...and still admire the man greatly.....however at this juncture of the election I am hopeful he will do the right thing and support the nominee. As he would surely expect were the shoe on the other foot. No doubt he'll give a great speech...but it needs end with his support for Trump. Should he not do so I will have serious difficulty supporting him further regardless of whatever his reasoning might be for not doing so.

geronl

Republicans who care about the future - of the party, of conservatism, of the nation - are staying away from Cleveland.

exactly

meanwhile the Trumps sound like they are ready to open gulags

Offline GrouchoTex

Globalist.
Open Borders.
Cheap Labor.

Whatever........

You are turning away and angering voters by saying this.

It isn't true that we are all these things, and we will lose the White House by those who keep perpetuating this falsehood.

Offline Mechanicos

Globalist.
Open Borders.
Cheap Labor.

Whatever........

You are turning away and angering voters by saying this.

It isn't true that we are all these things, and we will lose the White House by those who keep perpetuating this falsehood.
Never said YOU were, the money funding the anti's says the leaders who tell you what to think are - Romney, Bush, Liberal Media, Silicone Valley tech CEOs, etc. Not a conservative, patriotic pro-American in that bunch.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I thought the only way a person could not be part of the future was to die. Now people can refuse to assist in an act that will affect the future but it is an impossibility for a living being to not be part of the future. I'm surprised that the "if you don't support Donald Trump you are voting to elect Hillary" wasn't thrown in.