Author Topic: Slain officer's touching Facebook message days before death  (Read 179 times)

rangerrebew

Slain officer's touching Facebook message days before death
Baton Rouge (US), Jul 18, 2016, (AP)
This undated photo made available by the Baton Rouge Police Dept. shows officer Montrell Jackson. Jackson, 32, has been identified as one of the police officers killed in a shooting early on Sunday in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. file photo

Just days before he was shot and killed, a Baton Rouge police officer posted an emotional Facebook message saying he was "physically and emotionally" tired and expressing how difficult it was to be both a police officer and a black man, a friend has said.

"I swear to God I love this city but I wonder if this city loves me," Montrell Jackson wrote yesterday. Friends and family of Jackson, 32, were mourning the 10-year-veteran of the police force that relatives described as a "gentle giant" and a "protector" after he and another two law enforcement officers were shot and killed yesterday morning by a gunman.

Sgt Don Coppola Jr of the Baton Rouge Police Department identified the other slain Baton Rouge police officer as 41-year-old Matthew Gerald, who had been with the department less than a year.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/558615/slain-officers-touching-facebook-message.html#

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:56:05 pm by rangerrebew »