Author Topic: Massive Archaeological Find Backs Up the Bible, Reveals Goliath's People  (Read 818 times)

rangerrebew

Massive Archaeological Find Backs Up the Bible, Reveals Goliath's People
By Tyler O'Neil July 13, 2016

Twitter Screenshot of Philistine skeleton unearthed by archeological dig in Israel, Ashkelon.

Archaeologists have uncovered the first Philistine cemetery, and it supports the biblical account of a people besides the Canaanites in the lands near ancient Israel. Ironically, the discovery seems to contradict the common meaning of the word "philistine," as someone who is "smugly indifferent to cultural values."

New Evidence Suggests Old Testament is Older Than Skeptics Think

"The Philistines have had some bad press, and this will dispel a lot of myths," Harvard professor Lawrence E. Stager, who led the archaeological dig, told Britain's The Daily Mail. Stager has led the Leon Levy Expedition to the Philistine site of Ashkelon since 1985. The dig site is located in the Israeli port city of Ashkelon. This is the first major discovery of Philistine bodies, revealing new information that supports the general biblical narrative.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/2016/07/13/massive-archaeological-find-backs-up-the-bible-reveals-goliaths-people/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:53:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Neat!

Thanks for posting this!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:05:54 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
IOW, the find doesn't back up the Bible, but undermines it -- part of the modern political movement to exonerate villains, and to equate the brutal Philistines of the Old Testament with the fake nationality, the even more brutal Palestinians.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert