Author Topic: Gingrich open to serving in Trump's Cabinet  (Read 2089 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gingrich open to serving in Trump's Cabinet
« on: July 17, 2016, 04:58:20 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/288063-gingrich-says-hed-be-open-to-serving-in-trumps-cabinet

July 17, 2016, 11:07 am

By Rebecca Savransky

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) on Sunday said he'd be open to serving in presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump's administration.

"I would certainly serve with the president, preferably in a position that he and I would work out," Gingrich said on CBS's "Face the Nation" when asked if he'd be interested in serving in Trump's Cabinet.

Gingrich, who was a top contender to serve as Trump's running mate, said he wasn't disappointed that the presumptive GOP nominee chose Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.

Trump announced on Friday that Pence would join his ticket.

"I think Pence is a great choice. I feel very close to Donald and his family," Gingrich said on Sunday.

"I'm confident that I'll have plenty of opportunities to try to help plan things and try to help move things forward."

Trump said previously during a rally that Gingrich would be "involved with our government" in some way.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Gingrich open to serving in Trump's Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »
All the little doggies are begging for table scraps from the masters table.   Throw em a bone el duce donny☺

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 05:11:49 pm »
Newt wants to be a pirate:

Modern day pirates murder, steal, rape and enslave people.  Did Newt choose "pirates" intenionally?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 05:18:13 pm »
[
I'd guess he is bucking for Chief of staff
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 05:18:45 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 05:24:08 pm »
This was in a footnote to the Starr Report, back during the Clinton/Lewinsky affair. I thought it sounded appropriate here:

316. In a recorded conversation, Ms. Lewinsky recounted part of this discussion: [H]e said, “I promise you,” you know, something like, “if I win in November, I’ll have you back like that. You can do anything you want. You can be anything you want.” And then I made a joke and I said, “Well, can I be Assistant to the President for Blow Jobs?” He said, “I’d like that.”
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline RedHead

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 05:47:04 pm »
Put Newt in charge of deporting the 2.5 million Muslims.  A job after his own heart.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 05:48:52 pm »
[

I can't stand Newt personally, but I do think he would be pretty good in that job.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 06:01:06 pm »
[

Newt's a free lancer.  He'd be spouting his own policy in that position, creating chaos.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 06:57:12 pm »
“Well, can I be Assistant to the President for Blow Jobs?” He said, “I’d like that.”

Newt would be good at that.  Is it a Cabinet Level position or more of a behind the lectern in a crouching position?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 07:20:12 pm »
I guess Fox must not be paying much for propaganda these days.  Perhaps they went to TOS and found that people will do that mindless task for free and even donate for the privilege.

In other news Christie and Carson also want some of that taxpayer funded lucre.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 09:20:25 pm »
Newt would be good at that.  Is it a Cabinet Level position or more of a behind the lectern in a crouching position?

Civil "service," I would think.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 09:30:06 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/288063-gingrich-says-hed-be-open-to-serving-in-trumps-cabinet

July 17, 2016, 11:07 am

By Rebecca Savransky

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) on Sunday said he'd be open to serving in presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump's administration.

"I would certainly serve with the president, preferably in a position that he and I would work out," Gingrich said on CBS's "Face the Nation" when asked if he'd be interested in serving in Trump's Cabinet.

Gingrich, who was a top contender to serve as Trump's running mate, said he wasn't disappointed that the presumptive GOP nominee chose Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.

Trump announced on Friday that Pence would join his ticket.

"I think Pence is a great choice. I feel very close to Donald and his family," Gingrich said on Sunday.

"I'm confident that I'll have plenty of opportunities to try to help plan things and try to help move things forward."

Trump said previously during a rally that Gingrich would be "involved with our government" in some way.

Anybody who thinks they will have direct access to Donny Boy is a fool. Newtie will be answering to one of Trump's mouth breathing, moronic punk kids.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:30:34 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 09:34:25 pm »
Civil "service," I would think.

Yes quite right.   Preforming a civil "service"

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 11:22:32 pm »
Of course he would.  Gingrich would do anything to get back into a freeloading government position, since he can't get elected anymore.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 12:05:49 am »
Yes quite right.   Preforming a civil "service"

Come to think of it, Chief of "Staff" would work too!

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 12:47:52 am »
Come to think of it, Chief of "Staff" would work too!

It would.   Now, mind you With Trump....it would be a Jr. Staffer.  But no matter.   There are no small jobs.  Just small Staffs.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 12:54:07 am »
It would.   Now, mind you With Trump....it would be a Jr. Staffer.  But no matter.   There are no small jobs.  Just small Staffs.

I saw what you did there....
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 01:01:27 am »
I saw what you did there....

I'm innocent.  I swear.   :chairbang:

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 01:17:45 am »
I'm innocent.  I swear.   :chairbang:

Maybe "not guilty, but innocent???  **nononono*

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 01:36:56 am »

Yes, he did.  And the crowd loved it!  I would like to see Newt serve--he would add to Trump's successful administration.