Author Topic: Manhunt Under Way After At Least 3 Police Officers Shot In Baton Rouge - Live Feed  (Read 2458 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Manhunt Under Way After At Least 3 Police Officers Shot In Baton Rouge - Live Feed

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-17/manhunt-under-way-after-least-3-police-officers-shot-baton-rouge-live-feed

Police have closed streets between Baton Rouge Police Headquarters and I-12 where at least three law enforcement officers have been shot. According to local media WBRZ, shots were fired around 9 a.m. Sunday morning kicking off a manhunt for the shooter or shooters. There is an active shooter situation in the area of Airline and Old Hammond Highways according to The Advocate. A police spokesperson was not ready to release specifics as of yet.

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Baton Rouge police respond to report of officers down

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/17/baton-rouge-police-respond-to-report-officers-down.html

A witness told WBRZ-TV, a man was dressed in black with his face covered was shooting indiscriminately when he walked out between a convenience store and car wash across from Hammond Air Plaza, according to Fox radio affiliate WJBO.

Shots were fired around 9 a.m. Sunday.

Fox8 Live reported that police were responding to a report of officers shot.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oh my not again..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Oh my not again..

News now is seven shot, three dead, some critical.  They don't yet know if the shooter has been caught/killed, etc. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_70595fc8-4c2a-11e6-8d54-8fde922185e6.html

Two Baton Rouge police officers dead, multiple shot, authorities say

Update, 10:16 a.m.

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said the area is still an active scene.

Both lanes of Airline Highway are shut down from Goodwood Boulevard to Old Hammond Highway and from Old Hammond to Drusilla Drive, Hicks said.

About 20 police officers wearing bulletproof vests are near the scene and a helicopter is flying overhead. 

more
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
CNN reporting a total of 7 officers shot, 3 are dead and several in serious condition.

**nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Oh my not again..

Looks like. Heard the mayor just babbling.

Offline Mom MD

Looks like. Heard the mayor just babbling.

Cnn now reporting 8 officers dead?
God is still in control

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
There are no words; astonished.

Except to add to the story, some of those shot may be sheriff's deputies per the USA Today story.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/07/17/reports-baton-rouge-police-officers-shot/87218884/

I searched for an image of a police officer's memorial; turns out some such memorial got vandalized near Richmond Virginia a few days ago.

:0001: For our law enforcement agents.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 03:42:57 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline TomSea

The news gets worse and worse daily.

They arrested those youths last week on breaking into a pawn shop and stealing guns I believe in Baton Rouge; so it is surprising to hear this again.

Also, it was probably stated above, it  happened near a convenience store? Why so many officers? This is terrible.

If I say some wrong info; disregard.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Also, it was probably stated above, it  happened near a convenience store? Why so many officers? This is terrible.

Responding to "officer down" call. Everyone rolls.

Offline Mom MD

The news gets worse and worse daily.

They arrested those youths last week on breaking into a pawn shop and stealing guns I believe in Baton Rouge; so it is surprising to hear this again.

The 8 dead may be wrong   From what I can gather an individual carrying an assault rifle on the street resulted in 911 call   When officers arrived they were ambushed   That is from another site and may be wrong
God is still in control

Offline TomSea

Fox has 2 killed, 4 police officers shot, near police HQ banner headline on.

HLN, 7 officers shot.

MSNBC, 3 killed, 4 others injure.

CNN, 3 officers dead, 7 shot.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Per Fox just now:  7 shot 2 dead.   

God help us.   :0001:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 03:48:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox reporting 7 shot 2 dead.....so far
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

Meanwhile:

Noga Tarnopolsky
‏@NTarnopolsky
🔴 A massive terror attack was thwarted this morning in Jerusalem. There could have been a hundred bodies on Jaffa Road this morning.

Noga Tarnopolsky ‏@NTarnopolsky  5h5 hours ago
A guard sensed something odd in a guy getting onto the tram at its most busting downtown station, and asked him, in Arabic, to open his bag.

He did. Inside: three pipe bombs connected to a cellphone with wires. The guard started screaming bomb! bomb! bomb! and saved untold lives.

We normally simply bustle by the young guys, the guards in beige jackets: they're in our way as we race to cram into the tram.

They seem distracted by cellphones or joking among themselves. One of these guys, maybe 22 years old, today probably saved 100 lives. Phew.

Noga Tarnopolsky ‏@NTarnopolsky  6h6 hours ago
These events are normally hushed up, but today's attempt was caught in front of the terrified eyes of a very full Sunday morning tram.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

Praying for the safety of the officers assigned to the Conventions. My fears of this being a horribly violent summer is coming true.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Self-radicalized BLM terrorist??

God help us.

:smokin:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Now reporting 3 dead.   **nononono*

Offline TomSea

One thing, I had one of the stations on for moments, they said "gunmen" but I'll wager this will be a singular "gunman", although, they certainly are saying this was an ambush so, that possibility of multiple gunmen does exist.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Absolutely ridiculous coverage on Channel 9 live stream. Talking about failings of the police. Blaming thee victims.

BARF

Offline Mom MD

Absolutely ridiculous coverage on Channel 9 live stream. Talking about failings of the police. Blaming thee victims.

BARF
[/quote

And what are those folks blaming the police going to do when the cops simply walk off the job?   I would not blame them if they did
God is still in control

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Purported witness claiming thugs shooting each other turned on the cops when they responded.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98