Author Topic: Kerry: ISIS is 'on the run'  (Read 279 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kerry: ISIS is 'on the run'
« on: July 17, 2016, 02:47:19 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/288053-kerry-attempted-turkey-coup-has-not-impacted-fight-against-isis

July 17, 2016, 09:23 am
Kerry: ISIS is 'on the run'

By Jessie Hellmann

Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is "on the run."

"They are on the run, and I believe what we are seeing are the desperate actions of an enemy that sees the noose closing around them," he said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"I don't know if this guy was actually ISIS and nor do you," Kerry said, referring to the recent attack in Nice, France.

"We don't know that the guy in Orlando was fundamentally ISIS nor even told what to do by ISIS. If people are inspired, they're inspired. But ISIL, which is based in Iraq and Syria, is under huge pressure."

Kerry also said Sunday that the attempted coup in Turkey has had no effect on the fight against ISIS.

"I talked three times yesterday with the foreign minister of Turkey. They assured me there will be no interruption in our counter ISIL efforts," Kerry said, using the administration's preferred acronym for ISIS.

"They have absolutely assured of their commitment to the fight against Daesh," Kerry added, using the Arabic name for the terror group.

"According to our commanders, there may have been a minor delay here or there or something, but it has not affected the fundamental direction or commitment to fight."

Hundreds were reportedly killed, including many civilians, after a faction of the armed forces tried to seize power in Turkey on Friday.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accused the U.S. of harboring cleric Fetullah Gulen, the alleged mastermind behind the entire plot.

Kerry on Sunday called those accusations irresponsible, saying the U.S. would consider extraditing Gulen, but is still waiting for a request.

"We have not had a formal request for extradition," Kerry said.

"I made it very, very clear to the foreign minister of Turkey yesterday the United States is not harboring anybody, not preventing anything from happening. We've never had a formal request for extradition and we've always said give us the evidence, show us the evidence. We need a solid, legal foundation that meets the standard for extradition in order for our courts to approve such a request."

"But we think it's irresponsible to have accused American involvement when we're simply waiting for the request which we're absolutely prepared to act on if it meets the legal standard," Kerry said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Kerry: ISIS is 'on the run'
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 02:57:42 pm »
On the run alright! On the run to their next target or targets. Pyle!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 03:19:48 pm »
 :silly: :silly: :silly:  :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :laughingdog::mauslaff: :mauslaff: :laughingdog:  :bigsilly: :bigsilly::silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:22:53 pm »
I think if you are going to use the term, on the run, it might be important to specify a direction. On the run to where? This would be the obvious next question.

ISIS seems to be, On the run directly to America from what i see.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 12:34:03 am »
"Kerry: ISIS is 'on the run'..."

The only thing "runnin'" here is Kerry's mouth!

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 09:45:37 am »
I'll bet the closer it gets to the general election, the faster ISIS will be running. :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 11:32:51 am »
"I don't know if this guy was actually ISIS and nor do you," Kerry said, referring to the recent attack in Nice, France.
Kerry and his equally idiotic "boss" would have us believe ISIS is something like the Mickey Mouse Club, where you get an official membership card and a T-shirt. Well, we had no evidence the latest mass murdering terrorist actually had an ISIS (oops, sorry, ISIL) shirt, so we in the administration are quite sure he was just acting on his own and probably had some mental health issues that would have been resolved if only the Republicans hadn't denied funding and he also was suffering from gluten-intolerance and just didn't feel good that day.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 11:37:50 am »
On the run alright! On the run to their next target or targets. Pyle!

I don't know whether to LOL or cry.