Author Topic: Obama: ‘Push Back Against Hateful Ideologies That Twist and Distort Islam’  (Read 822 times)

rangerrebew

Obama: ‘Push Back Against Hateful Ideologies That Twist and Distort Islam’
By CNSNews.com Staff | July 15, 2016 | 7:11 PM EDT
President Barack Obama addresses reception for the diplomatic corps, July 15, 2016. (Screen Capture)

(CNSNews.com) - In a speech at a White House reception for the Washington diplomatic corps today, President Barack Obama spoke of the terrorist attack in Nice, France, last night and said that the United States and its partners are going “to destroy” ISIL.

“And in contrast to these terrorists who only know how to kill and destroy, we’re going to win this fight by building; by never giving up on diplomacy to end the Syrian civil war; by working with partners around the world, including Muslim communities, to push back against hateful ideologies that twist and distort Islam--a religion that teaches peace and justice and compassion,” Obama said.

Here is the full transcript of the president’s remarks as posted on the White House website:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/obama-push-back-against-hateful-ideologies-twist-and-distort-islam

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:04:14 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

There is but one thing Obama has been consistent on in the past 7 1/2 years and it isn't protecting and defending the Constitution.  It is defending islam. :nometalk:

Offline Cowboyway

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline flowers

Everything I ever wanted to know about islam/sharia, I found out on 9/11.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
There is but one thing Obama has been consistent on in the past 7 1/2 years and it isn't protecting and defending the Constitution.  It is defending islam. :nometalk:

:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Axel

Obama is guilty of twisting and distorting Islam.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline skeeter

Apparently Obama is in need of a remedial history lesson.

Islam has historically been spread via:

A) peaceful proselytization & voluntary conversion, or;
B) Violence, armed invasion and oppression

He's either a fool or a quisling. I vote for the latter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I think he can be both.

Offline skeeter

I think he can be both.

On second thought he'd have to be both.

Offline LMAO

After so many acts of violence  committed by Muslims in the name of Islam, you start to sound ridiculous claiming it's a religion of peace.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 12:28:00 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

After so many acts of violence  committed by Muslims in the name of Islam, you start to sound ridiculous claiming it's a religion of peace.

In spite of being a champion during 9/11, that was the main thing I recall about the W presidency, spouting drivel like that.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

HonestJohn

It depends on where in the world you focus.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Agree.  He keeps telling us that because his family is Muslim.

Ashura

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

The people who "distort & twist" Islam are the ones who call it a "religion of peace".

rangerrebew

It is obvious, then, liberals are incapable of recognizing how ridiculous they sound. ****sheep****