Author Topic: Noah's Ark theme park is impressive, but its 'facts' don't hold water  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Tom Eblen
Miami Herald
July 16, 2016

HIGHLIGHTS:

Noah's Ark replica made of 3.1 million board feet of timber

Creationist theme park tries, fails to make theology scientific

Many Christians don't see conflict between faith, evolution
More

Offline sinkspur

Answers in Genesis also insists that the story of Noah’s Ark is true precisely as Genesis described it. That seems to require the assumption that Noah and his family lived among dinosaurs, like the Flintstones, and took some of them on the ark.

Noah's Ark is a cute story, but it has no basis in reality.  It is meant to illustrate a point, not to be historical.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline unknown

Noah's Ark is a cute story, but it has no basis in reality.  It is meant to illustrate a point, not to be historical.

:tongue2:

Wrong!!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That was nice. I enjoyed that video and will visit when I am in the area.

I wouldn't get too deep into whether or not it 'really' happened. If you believe in God and believe that God can do anything, then all the questions and debate are moot. If you do not believe in God and believe that the story could never have happened, then all the questions and debate are moot.

It simply is what it is. And it is fun to believe in. Why not?

Who knows? I guess it is possible given all the insanely improbable science we are discovering almost daily.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.