Author Topic: Chinese Restaurant Owner Breaks Down in Tears After Interaction With Police Officers Results in ‘Misunderstanding’  (Read 903 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why I'm not a fan of internet bully mobs. More times than not, they destroy a business over a misunderstanding or inaccurate report.

After receiving intense backlash for supposedly banning law enforcement officials from his establishment, a Chinese restaurant owner broke down in tears and apologized for what he said was a “misunderstanding” due to a language barrier.

When four deputies finished their lunch at Lucky’s Teriyaki in Sedro-Woolley, Washington, the restaurant owner said the officers’ presence made customers uncomfortable and requested they no longer dine there, Skagit County Sheriff Will Reichardt said in a Facebook post.......

.....i said he did express to the police officers that other customers were “uncomfortable” by their presence and did not fully understand the gravity of the situation. While talking to the reporter, he broke down in tears and apologized.

“By the time they got calls from the sheriff’s office to verify what happened, the owner’s family said they were receiving so many calls from angry people, yelling in English — and they didn’t understand any of it,” said KIRO reporter, Natasha Chen. “Mr. Li’s son just kept saying ‘ok’ to the callers.”

Reichardt posted about the incident has been shared over 29,000 times in less than 24 hours. The Facebook page for Lucky’s Teriyaki is filled with criticisms and racist postings.

Li told KIRO that he will give all law enforcement officials free food on Monday......

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/07/15/chinese-restaurant-owner-breaks-down-in-tears-after-interaction-with-police-officers-results-in-misunderstanding/

geronl

The reaction to this misunderstanding shows that America really is full of idiots

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Honestly, I read the story title and thought it was BS.  Then I read that the Sherriff claimed it happed and I thought it was BS.  Then, I read that the Sheriff had his Chief Deputy investigate....and I thought it was BS.

And it IS BS.

These are the guys investigating crimes.  SMFH.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:01:04 pm by Half Vast Conspiracy »

Offline bolobaby

Hrm. It's just as likely this guy meant it until he realized it was going to destroy his business.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Me say Chinese Restaurant name "Teriyaki" is fake.

Teriyaki Japanese. Chinese try steal Teriyaki.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln