Author Topic: Head of Council on Foreign Relations: Cutting Immigration Could Cause US Muslims to Become ‘Threatening’  (Read 422 times)

Offline unknown

Head of Council on Foreign Relations: Cutting Immigration Could Cause US Muslims to Become ‘Threatening’

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/07/head-of-council-on-foreign-relations-dont-reduce-immigration-could-cause-us-muslims-to-become-threatening/

Mark Finkelstein      
Friday, July 15, 2016 at 8:52am

If Restricting the Ability of Potential Terrorists to Enter the Country Would Incite US Muslims to Threaten Us, Our Problems Are Even Bigger Than We’ve Realized

Want to see a textbook example of the kind of thinking that leads to the fall of civilizations? View the video of Richard Haass, President of the Council Relations on today’s Morning Joe. A clip was played of Donald Trump favoring a declaration of war and repeating his call for the restriction of Muslim immigration, in particular Syrian “refugees,” that we know little or nothing about. A hand-wringing Haass argued against “cutting down immigration” and other measures, because “our connections with entire populations and communities, our best measure of defense is making sure that people in these communities are working with us rather than threatening us.”

So according to Haass, we shouldn’t defend ourselves against terrorists entering the country by restricting the immigration of Muslim “refugees” about whom we know little or nothing. Why? Because doing so would incite Muslims already in the United States and lead to them “threatening us.” If that is so, our problems are even more serious than we have realized. If the Muslim population in the US is a tinderbox, on the brink of “threatening us” if we try to defend ourselves, why were they admitted in the first place? And whatever additional threat they might pose if we do adopt sensible measures, shouldn’t the first thing we do be to limit the ability of more such volatile people to enter our country? Haass’ attitude, which as you’ll see is seconded by Mika Brzezinski, is the passive, self-disarming road to the decline and ultimately destruction of our nation and civilization.

BILL O’REILLY: Would you go to Congress and ask for a declaration of war?

DONALD TRUMP: I would! I would. This is war. If you look at it, this is war coming from all different parts and, frankly, it’s war. And we’re dealing with people without uniforms. These people, we’re allowing people into our country who we have no idea where they are, where they’re from, who they are, they have no paperwork, they have no documentation in many cases and Hillary Clinton wants to allow 550% more in than even Obama.

O’REILLY: There will be by the end of the summer 10,000 Syrian refugees. 20% women, 60% children, 20% men. Do you consider those people threats? Do you consider them security threats?

TRUMP: Of course I do.

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: Richard Haass, it seems like the response that was not measured enough, is that a safe way of putting it?

. . .

RICHARD HAASS: We’ve got to be really smart about what we do have to be really smart in terms of what we do and, also, what we don’t do. And some of the stuff that’s being talked about, about deporting people who believe in Sharia as Newt Gingrich said, testing or somehow blaming an entire —

MIKA: Isn’t that what they want?

HAASS: — or cutting down immigration. We’ve got to be, we’ve got to be smart in how we respond to this because our connections, as you see here in New York and other cities with entire populations and communities, our best measure of defense is making sure that people in these communities are working with us rather than threatening us.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)