Author Topic: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 01:24:36 pm »
You read it wrong. Those issues even if taken at full spin value prove hes anti Politically Correct. Both of those are victim classes of people who most Americans are getting sick of being afraid to offend. 

Disabled people are a victim class most Americans are getting sick of being afraid to offend?

What "America" do you live in?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 01:25:33 pm »
To clarify.Since voting 3rd party will not defeat him are are you supporting voting for Hillary to defeat Trump?

I've asked nicely, I've begged and pleaded and I've even warned.....bye
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »
Disabled people are a victim class most Americans are getting sick of being afraid to offend?

What "America" do you live in?
The ones who had their businesses closed by the scum sucking lawyers suing everybody they could for minor infraction of the ADA for one. Glad to see you support Political Correctness.

Identity Politics is not what Conservatives support. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 01:31:37 pm »
You read it wrong. Those issues even if taken at full spin value prove hes anti Politically Correct. Both of those are victim classes of people who most Americans are getting sick of being afraid to offend.
You are really a despicable human being if you think talking like that is OK in ANY circumstance.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 01:32:49 pm »
The ones who had their businesses closed by the scum sucking lawyers suing everybody they could for minor infraction of the ADA for one. Glad to see you support Political Correctness.

Identity Politics is not what Conservatives support.
Consider some disabled people got that way from IEDs or other devices not normally encountered in civilian life.

Scum sucking lawyers appear to be the ones who should be the target of your vitriol, not someone who may have been disabled in the service of our country. You are the one supporting identity politics, you just put anti- in front of it and hold groups of people up as an enemy instead of friends.

Be careful with that tactic. It can come back around to haunt you.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:38:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 01:36:10 pm »
More to the point, what does that make the rest of us?  I submit that we cannot merely withhold our votes from Donald Trump, but to actively work and vote to defeat him.   This is no time for conscientious objection.  We must stand up to fascism and defeat it, no matter the short-term cost.  

The whole world is watching.

@mystery-ak

@Repub4Trump

This guy needs to go!

YESTERDAY!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 01:37:37 pm »
I have resided myself to the fact that Trump will be the nominee at the Convention and that there will be no contention. Hope for a better nominee riding in on his white horse is lost.    Will I vote for him in November?  Very unlikely, instead relying on my conscience to lead me, probably a right-in.    But living out here in the Pacific NW, no election waits to see how WA votes, its long over before our polls close, and this state regardless of how I feel about Trump is a Hillary State who will get 56%, the same numbers Obama got.
If Trump wins, I just hope he matures, and that Pence can have a deep impact on how he governs. Don’t bring shame onto the Party of Lincoln and Reagan Donald Trump.

The best I can do now, is to just pray for America and for His protection over life and property at both of these Conventions, as we are living in extremely dangerous times.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Silver Pines

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 01:38:14 pm »
You read it wrong.

Naturally, lol.  If it reflects negatively on Trump, it can't be right.

Those issues even if taken at full spin value prove hes anti Politically Correct. Both of those are victim classes of people who most Americans are getting sick of being afraid to offend. 

Firstly, taking the side of crossdressers who want to be able to use women's restrooms is the ultimate politically correct stance to take. 

Secondly, as incredible as it might be, you are actually saying that refraining from mocking handicapped/disabled people is PC and playing into their "victimhood" status.

Ergo, making fun of them as Trump did was admirably non-PC.

Let me make myself clear to you.  Your post confirmed for me more than any other single post I've seen that I'm doing the right thing by refusing to support your piece of filth candidate.   He's a perfect fit for you, though.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 01:38:55 pm »
@mystery-ak

@Repub4Trump

This guy needs to go!

YESTERDAY!
Say what? Go? I bet he knows where the can is.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 01:39:11 pm »
I have resided myself to the fact that Trump will be the nominee at the Convention and that there will be no contention. Hope for a better nominee riding in on his white horse is lost.    Will I vote for him in November?  Very unlikely, instead relying on my conscience to lead me, probably a right-in.    But living out here in the Pacific NW, no election waits to see how WA votes, its long over before our polls close, and this state regardless of how I feel about Trump is a Hillary State who will get 56%, the same numbers Obama got.
If Trump wins, I just hope he matures, and that Pence can have a deep impact on how he governs. Don’t bring shame onto the Party of Lincoln and Reagan Donald Trump.

The best I can do now, is to just pray for America and for His protection over life and property at both of these Conventions, as we are living in extremely dangerous times.

Trump will never change.  If he hasn't matured by the age of seventy, he's a lost cause.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 01:40:18 pm »
@mystery-ak

@Repub4Trump

This guy needs to go!

YESTERDAY!

Then ban me too.  This site is not a Trump site, DC.  It's also not a GOP site.

Advocating against Trump has been going on for months, or hadn't you noticed?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 01:43:35 pm »
Trump will never change.  If he hasn't matured by the age of seventy, he's a lost cause.

Trump cares about one thing and one thing only!  That thing is Donald J. Trump!  He got into this in order to ensure that the Clinton/Soros crime syndicate, of which he is a part, remains protected by the federal government whichever way the election goes in November!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 01:47:26 pm »
Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  10m10 minutes ago

No, but you just nominated someone who has, moron

Larisa Lyalya

@SteveDeaceShow are you voting for Hillary? You genius!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2016, 01:48:33 pm »

Larisa Lyalya

Fantastic comeback!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2016, 01:49:39 pm »
Trump cares about one thing and one thing only!  That thing is Donald J. Trump!  He got into this in order to ensure that the Clinton/Soros crime syndicate, of which he is a part, remains protected by the federal government whichever way the election goes in November!

His entire life has been about nothing but self-aggrandizement to feed his bloated ego.  Sometimes I feel almost sorry (almost!) for some of his supporters when I see the naivete and gullibility with which they've bought into his con.

Then I think, no, they did so willingly.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2016, 01:50:11 pm »
LOL!  So it's not just us.

LOL, the meme has gone out.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:50:33 pm by CatherineofAragon »

HonestJohn

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2016, 01:50:29 pm »
More to the point, what does that make the rest of us?   I submit that we cannot merely withhold our votes from Donald Trump, but to actively work and vote to defeat him.   This is no time for conscientious objection.  We must stand up to fascism and defeat it, no matter the short-term cost.   

The whole world is watching.

Yep.

The GOP as a party is already tarred with Trump and his actions, not just because the GOP officials and the majority of their lawmakers have supported him, but because a large plurality of GOP voters have voted for him.

This... despite (or perhaps, because of) frank acknowledgement of said officials, lawmakers, and voters of Trump's dog-whistles to his 'alt-right' supporters as well as his authoritarian ways.

And that must be stopped at all costs.  Not just Trump, but his sick worldview.  A worldview that we and our allies fought a bitter war to defeat 60-odd years ago.

And not just to defeat that worldview, but to end the notion that we must betray everything we hold to be right and true for power.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:56:27 pm by HonestJohn »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2016, 01:50:36 pm »

It's no longer a "GOP site" because one of the owners isn't fond of Donald Trump.  The site used to be called The GOPBRIEFING ROOM

Nobody here ever had a discussion/thread or notice given them that were were now a "conservative" site and no longer associated or affiliated with the Republican Party.

The suggestion it is not a GOP-related site appeared one evening in a thread where a #nevertrump pack was getting their a$$ handed to them.

It's bogus.   It's sour grapes.

And it's so wrong.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:51:37 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2016, 01:52:24 pm »
I think this is somewhat "over the top."  Trump may not be the best standard-bearer but he is not worse than Hitlery, and he is not likely to be a fascist. 

Personally I think the NeverTrump position is too extreme.  Maybe we can have a MaybeTrump movement and do what we can to shape his agenda before we decide how to vote.

Serious, take a look at his statements and proposals he's made this election cycle and ask yourself how he'll make them come true.

Then ask yourself if what you wrote is still applicable.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2016, 01:53:28 pm »
It's no longer a "GOP site" because one of the owners isn't fond of Donald Trump.  The site used to be called The GOPBRIEFING ROOM

Nobody here ever had a discussion/thread or notice given them that were were now a "conservative" site and no longer associated or affiliated with the Republican Party.

The suggestion it is not a GOP-related site appeared one evening in a thread where a #nevertrump pack was getting their a$$ handed to them.

It's bogus.   It's sour grapes.

And it's so wrong.

WRONG!  I have seen that explained here several times already and so have YOU!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2016, 01:53:30 pm »

Don't be cute.

It's over, pal.

I won.  You lost.   

:beer:

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2016, 01:54:34 pm »

Larisa Lyalya

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TRUE!

Standard comeback now for truth_seeker, Right_In_VA, flowers, alicewonders, and mechanicos.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2016, 01:55:37 pm »

I have used more  than one facility like that over the years, some even has that slight list. Made of wood, stone, and steel (respectively), and in temperatures from 100 above to 40 below. Never had to call a plumber because the thing stopped up, even once.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2016, 01:57:56 pm »

Don't be cute.

It's over, pal.

I won.  You lost.   

:beer:
LOL! You picked the curtain where Carol Merrill was standing. The one with the jackass behind it. You WIN!  :silly:

C S Lewis