Author Topic: Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate  (Read 18187 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2016, 05:34:12 pm »
:grouphug: :bighug:  Thank you for your reminders.  It's got to be a stressful job.

It's the passion of the election season. And part of it is a lot of us conservatives are disappointed in what we see as a lost opportunity to right the ship called America.

If Trump wins and governs as the conservative we desire, I'll become his most enthusiastic supporter. As of now, we have just words spoken during a primary many that don't match his past positions and statements.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2016, 05:44:34 pm »
Whose idea was it to start a political forum... :chairbang:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2016, 06:35:13 pm »
Whose idea was it to start a political forum... :chairbang:

Don't let this get to you. Political forums are usually very polite and considerate places to post,so just hang in there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:35:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2016, 06:48:55 pm »
Or how about just moving on. Everyone here has been asked not to insult other posters. If it happens, file a mod report.

"Off topic comment removed"?????  I responded directly to your admonition, and unlike the Trump militant - I don't go hitting the 'report' button every single time I read something from them that I find offensive.

This place is starting to look and feel like TOS.

Another Conservative board devoured by the Trump militant.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »

"Off topic comment removed"?????  I responded directly to your admonition, and unlike the Trump militant - I don't go hitting the 'report' button every single time I read something from them that I find offensive.

No...we are just trying to keep the peace...and I appreciate you not hitting the report button every time you are offended like 90% of the people here....that's all I do! :kisses2:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2016, 07:05:48 pm »

Are you 100% pleased and proud of every single comment you have posted? That TOS reference is, uh, unfortunate. imo

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2016, 07:10:44 pm »
No...we are just trying to keep the peace...

Let us fight it out then.  We do not need Momma Mod to come and force us to play nice in the political sandbox. 

We can abide the limits of no killings/four letter vulgarity and sexual innuendo - but for SneakyPete's Sake, removing, editing and making our non-vulgar posts disappear while letting the Trump Militant's stuff remain is no different than the other former Conservative boards the locusts have devoured.  This whole campaign since Trump got into it has been nothing but one grand lie of demagoguery and deception after another.  Go read the TOS and see what this place will turn into when anyone critical of their prince is silenced and removed.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2016, 07:12:45 pm »

I value your posts. Seriously. Modding in this environment has to be the most thankless task around. Hang in there.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2016, 07:15:25 pm »
Are you 100% pleased and proud of every single comment you have posted?

Of course not, but this is the heat of political warfare. 

As to TOS reference, scar tissue has a habit of being sensitive to conditions that arise that led to the original injury.

People who survive a house fire are often alarmed every single time they smell a whiff of smoke and fear another fire. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2016, 07:20:42 pm »
I value your posts. Seriously. Modding in this environment has to be the most thankless task around. Hang in there.

As a former Mod on a large political forum I understand exactly what exasperation the Mods have.  I also recognize patterns that trolls and hostile minorities have employed to run off majority opinions they have targeted.

I can fight my own battles and never once hit the report button and likely never will.  It's the tying of hands with ridiculous ROE that diminish the desire to battle in this arena of ideas.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2016, 07:28:24 pm »
As a former Mod on a large political forum I understand exactly what exasperation the Mods have.  I also recognize patterns that trolls and hostile minorities have employed to run off majority opinions they have targeted.

I can fight my own battles and never once hit the report button and likely never will.  It's the tying of hands with ridiculous ROE that diminish the desire to battle in this arena of ideas.

I am not trying to tie your hands...we like and encourage robust discussions....but here lately they seem to turn ugly and bring down a whole thread....if the personal insults of all who is involved would stop or at least lessen it would be okay.

All I hear is he called me this, he called me that...do something about it....you know that as a former MOD...I feel like pulling my hair out some times.
Support the USO

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2016, 07:34:24 pm »
I am not trying to tie your hands...we like and encourage robust discussions....but here lately they seem to turn ugly and bring down a whole thread....if the personal insults of all who is involved would stop or at least lessen it would be okay.

All I hear is he called me this, he called me that...do something about it....you know that as a former MOD...I feel like pulling my hair out some times.

I'm gonna stay out of this as I made my position on the whole situation to you via private mail. I will however say that you are seeing exactly the scenario I described play out. Verbatim.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2016, 08:24:53 pm »

Oh I know.  But while this campaign continues through November - you should let us fight it out ourselves and draw clear lines of what is a 'personal attack'.  Death threats, four letter vulgarity and sexual innuendo is a clear enough line that everyone should be able to stay on the inside of.

The fact is the Trump militant are never going to stop calling us Hillary Supporters and traitors both direct and subtle - so don't even bother trying to arrest that.  It's the main meme and operative on all of social media by a majority of vocal Trump supporters.    They are never going to stop, so let us handle responding to that ourselves.  We're capable, even though it is infuriating and the Trumpians know this - which is why they encourage one another to continue flinging it.  They actually think they can shame us into silence or irrelevance.

Same with our calling them out for the lies, militancy and other garbage they engage in, including rewriting sig lines in member quotes while calling it 'parody', are not "personal attacks" unless they truly do have the same thin skin their champion also possesses.

I would guess that the majority of the complaints are coming from the Trump minority because that is a tactic we watched them use on other sites to shut down debate and run off any non Trump supporters.

You will end up pulling out your hair if you have to intervene on every thread of conflict between the Trump people and the neverTrump people.  Set clear ROE in terms of what is considered a "personal attack" (because that is going to differ from person to person) and let us fight it out ourselves.  Ie: I don't consider it a personal attack to call someone a liar when they have clearly demonstrated that they are on multiple occasions and threads. It's politics and it is now part and parcel of this campaign (Lyin' Ted anyone?).

I'm gonna stay out of this as I made my position on the whole situation to you via private mail. I will however say that you are seeing exactly the scenario I described play out. Verbatim.

Great to see you Norm. 

We have watched all this happen before haven't we?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2016, 08:42:19 pm »

... Other than that I'll keep my opinion of it to myself and keep moving forward.  <<

@RAT Patrol

Good for you! The one thing no political site needs are people that rock the boat by pointing out uncomfortable and/or unpopular truths! That sort of thing leads to insults,unrest,anarchy,and people having to think for themselves!

Above all we must NOT stir up the Party People and make them think because it makes them uncomfortable. How can you hold a Party together if people are allowed to think for themselves and say what is on their minds? People started doing this during the Boy Jorge administration,and just look at all the unrest it caused!

What we need is some Soylent Green! I bet Trump already has a factory producing it,and will be more than happy to sell it to the government for a modest profit. That's just the kind of guy he is.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:43:11 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #264 on: July 16, 2016, 08:48:30 pm »
...That TOS reference is, uh, unfortunate. imo

@INVAR   @don-o

Yes it was,but anybody that ever posted there for very long knows that there are TOS refugees right here that were among some of the worst offenders over there when it came to crying to Jim Bob and trying to get someone banned. They only "saw the light' when THEY got banned and had to look for a new place to post. Now they are here,some of their friends are here also,and they are starting to organize because they miss the power it gave them.  They never had to listen to a discouraging word on TOS,and they don't want to hear any of them here,either.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:49:13 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2016, 09:57:07 pm »

Great to see you Norm. 

We have watched all this happen before haven't we?

And we will see it again and again until people stand up for what they claim they believe in. Pain and all.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2016, 10:48:17 pm »
I detect some sarcasm in that.

I didn't mean I wouldn't say what I think about Trump.  I only meant I wouldn't expound further about the delete rule other than I don't like it.  But just for you I will go an inch further.  I think it would be good to delete extreme personal attacks, but would prefer the poster receive notice somehow -- and warning.  It is weird to just find your posts missing.  What I do not like at all are the removals for being "off topic."  There is way too much leeway in that for a mod to just deletie the posts they don't like.   Conversations naturally evolve.   Even with that disagreement, I trust mystery and can tolerate a degree of imperfection.  Perfection is not attainable.  If I'm reduced to endless whining about who is more offensive then I'm going to check out.  If my posts are overwhelmingly removed, I'm going to check out.  Why bother.  But I do not think either of those things will happen here.

I agree RP...we are working on this....running a forum is a constant work in progress. Although we have rules it seems something new pops up everyday that we must address or work around. You are right..perfection is unattainable...no such thing....what worked last month here no longer does. I hope to get it right!
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2016, 11:20:35 pm »
I detect some sarcasm in that.

@RAT Patrol

Excellent! I worry all the time about  being too subtle.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2016, 01:28:28 am »
@RAT Patrol

Excellent! I worry all the time about  being too subtle.

I believe you may be coming into your own, sneak... 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2016, 02:19:37 am »
For my part, I have never reported a post to the mods. Doesn't even cross my mind. That said, I respect their difficult position.

I am happy to battle the Deatheaters all day long without mod help...but many on the site can't wait run to the "report" button every time their feelings are hurt. Not my style, but those who own the board deserve the right to make the rules. We all must respect that.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain