Author Topic: Deaths, injuries reported after truck drives into French crowd following Bastille Day fireworks  (Read 3431 times)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
DEVELOPING: A large truck drove into a crowd of people who had gathered for a Bastille Day fireworks show in the southern French city of Nice Thursday evening, and the city's mayor confirmed there were fatalities.

An exact number of deaths was not immediately known, but mayor Christian Estrosi posted on Twitter that there appeared to be "dozens" of fatalities and urged residents to stay at their homes.

Excerpt, more at:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/14/truck-reportedly-drives-into-crowd-following-bastille-day-fireworks-in-france.html

Looks like a probable terrorist attack to me....  I'm sure 0bama will be along soon to tell me not to jump to conclusions...

Offline goatprairie

I'm sure all the  people killed by the truck would have been happy to know they were not killed by an evil gun. /s They do not as yet have the name of the driver, but  what will all the anti-gun, pro-Muslim people say if he turns out to be a soldier of Allah?
Unfortunately, it looks like my predictions of masses of people killed by means other than guns is coming true.  Automobiles, bombs, knives, etc. other devices can kill as readily as guns.   They are all over Europe, and they have many opportunites to kill.   Liberals are slow to learn.

Offline bolobaby

Any reports of "Bally-hoo Snackbar" yet?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Now there's talk that the police are concerned that the truck may be a bomb....

Reporting at least 30 people were killed and 100 others were injured thus far....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:10:52 pm by guitar4jesus »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Sky News Live feed: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

Report driver killed possible accomplice on the run.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:19:30 pm by guitar4jesus »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Now reporting 60 dead.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Now reporting 60 dead.

Oh gosh. Doesn't look good. Prayers.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Don't worry. If Hillary is elected, she would use this, to weaken our national security, some how. Blame gun owners, whites, etc.

To lecture us that while muslims may be committing terrorism, muslims are not the problem.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
[/size]drudge is reporting the Eiffel Tower is on fire. [/size]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:43:43 pm by Freya »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
drudge is reporting the Eiffel Tower is on fire.

The reports I've seen on that are saying it's a fireworks truck that caught fire....  Not sure i'm buying it yet.

Offline goatprairie

I just visited the DailyMail (London) for info on the attack and read the many comments below the article. Not ONE!!! commenter  mentioned the words "Islam" " Muslims" or "Isis." The pronoun "They" was referenced a number of times, but no one said the words "Islam" or "Muslim" or  "Isis." Is there some sort of ban on mentioning those words in the British media?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:53:01 pm by goatprairie »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Is there some sort of ban on mentioning those words in the British media?

I wouldn't be surprised.  I know they have the citizens scared to speak up all over Europe.  It's madness!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:56:53 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The reports I've seen on that are saying it's a fireworks truck that caught fire....  Not sure i'm buying it yet.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I just visited the DailyMail (London) for info on the attack and read the many comments below the article. Not ONE!!! commenter  mentioned the words "Islam" " Muslims" or "Isis." The pronoun "They" was referenced a number of times, but no one said the words "Islam" or "Muslim" or  "Isis." Is there some sort of ban on mentioning those words in the British media?
In a word, yes...otherwise the comments would be censored/deleted.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Graphic video warning...type in "http:" into the address and then copy/paste into your browser, if you have the stomach for it. 

The preview is to gory to post here.

//www.liveleak.com/view?i=814_1468533717

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Yeah, that video is VERY GRAPHIC.  I saw it early on but decided not to post links to it.  It really shows what these savages are all about, though.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Let's not get carried away. We don't yet know who did what or why, and nothing is on fire.

This sort of thing used to happen all the time in Israel, and the world at the time (including France) praised Arafat and the Palestinians and sent them food and money.

Now is the time to show 'restraint'. That is what they always said before, why not now? Europe just has to get used to the new normal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
73 dead now...truck loaded with weapons and explosives...per Sky News
Support the USO

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Now reporting 74 confirmed dead, 100+ injured

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Good lord! 73 people? I thought this was a small incident when I left work.

Offline bilo

Wow, I feel terrible for the victims.

This is the kind of thing that will get Trump elected. The muslims think these attacks will cause most people to be more easily dominated by them and they may be right. I imagine a lot of women in Europe have started wearing scarfs when they go out. However, there will be a portion of the population, even in Europe, that would rather fight and they will win the day. The muslims are cowards and like most cowards they will not fight head on they will wait until your back is turned or your looking the other way. People know this, so when Trump says he will bomb the Hell out of these people, collateral damage be damned,  people who don't like being terrorized know it will put an end to this crap.

Bomb their mosques, bomb their holy sites, assassinate their radical imams and then tell muslims if they want to believe this gutter religion they better reform it cause there is no place for it in this world.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  1m1 minute ago
In light of the horrible attack in Nice, France, I have postponed tomorrow's news conference concerning my Vice Presidential announcement.