Author Topic: Rare photos, interviews honor 8 nurses slain by Richard Speck in 1966  (Read 1116 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-richard-speck-chicago-mass-murder-victims-20160421-story.html

Rosemary Regina SobolContact ReporterChicago Tribune

Editor's note: This story was first published on April 28, 2016, and is being republished to mark the 50th anniversary of the murders.

A couple of days after his basement flooded, John Schmale finally mustered the energy to head downstairs and investigate the damage.

In the basement's dim overhead light, a big, brown cardboard box caught his eye, a box so soggy its bottom was ready to fall out. He lugged it upstairs. He opened it.

Inside sat four square, off-white boxes labeled "Kodak," and on top of them lay a sheet of thin pink paper. He instantly recognized his mother's cursive handwriting.

With a rush of excitement and a pang of dread, he read her penciled note: "Nina South Chicago Hospital."

Nina. His little sister. One of eight young nurses killed in a Chicago townhouse on July 14, 1966, by a man who became notorious: Richard Speck.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I remember this like yesterday..I was 15 and terrified. I think the whole state was terrified until they found Speck...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A good piece of writing that honors the victims memories.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.