Author Topic: Report: Fox News' Hannity Paid Newt's Jet to Indy to Meet Trump  (Read 1631 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=738536

Newsmax
Report: Fox News' Hannity Paid Newt's Jet to Indy to Meet Trump
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 08:28 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Fox News host Sean Hannity paid for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich to fly to Indianapolis on a private jet to meet with Donald Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee nears his vice presidential announcement, according to news reports.

Gingrich met with Trump on Wednesday morning, CNN reports.

Hannity and a Fox News representative responded to initial inquiries about the flight, according to the report, but did not do so when asked about Hannity's role in it.

Gingrich, 73, who is considered a leading candidate for the No. 2 slot, did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.

The former Georgia congressman, who served two decades in the House, was released from his Fox News contract on Tuesday amid the vice presidential speculation.

Hannity has long backed Trump in the race for the Republican nomination — and he endorsed Gingrich for vice president on Tuesday on his Fox News program.

"I wouldn't be happy with anyone but Newt," he said.

Gingrich, who appeared last week with Trump at a rally in Cincinnati, is among two top candidates for the job.

Newsmax reported in May that he was the leading choice, quoting a top Trump confidante.

The presumptive nominee also interviewed Indiana Gov. Mike Pence on Wednesday — and he talked with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie via telephone from Washington.

Trump will announce his selection on Friday in New York, campaign chairman Paul Manafort told CNN on Wednesday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Report: Fox News' Hannity Paid Newt's Jet to Indy to Meet Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 01:53:59 pm »
This is so wrong if true..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:56:54 pm »
Keith Olbermann was fired from MSNBC for donations to Democrat candidates.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/richard-adams-blog/2011/jan/22/keith-olbermann-msnbc-nbc-terminated

Is this not an "in kind" donation to the Trump campaign?  Trump would have to pick up this expense otherwise.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 01:57:35 pm »

Hannity needs to find new employment. Maybe as a shoe-shine boy, since he is good at the ol' spit polish.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:59:06 pm by geronl »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:59:04 pm »

I am not so sure.  Hannity has not been at all indiscrete that he is in the tank for Trump.  He is an analyst and commentator, not a journalist.  That puts him in a separate category.  It does raise eyebrows, however, and is something I should definitely be aware of before I lend any credence to Hannity.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 02:07:45 pm »
Keith Olbermann was fired from MSNBC for donations to Democrat candidates.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/richard-adams-blog/2011/jan/22/keith-olbermann-msnbc-nbc-terminated

Is this not an "in kind" donation to the Trump campaign?  Trump would have to pick up this expense otherwise.

My memory is that Olberman was suspended without pay for a week for his $2500 donations to three Democrat House candidates - which was against NBC News policy - then reinstated a week later.   

Hannity had donated $5000 to Michele Bachmann in the same election cycle but FNC has no similar policy to NBC.

I think Olberman was ultimately fired because of his insanely off-the-rails, inflammatory diatribe against Sarah Palin, Fox News and conservatives after the Gabrielle Giffords shooting.   (Incidentally, Giffords was one of the candidates to whom Crazy Keith contributed.)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 02:15:41 pm »
I am not so sure.  Hannity has not been at all indiscrete that he is in the tank for Trump.  He is an analyst and commentator, not a journalist.  That puts him in a separate category.  It does raise eyebrows, however, and is something I should definitely be aware of before I lend any credence to Hannity.

:banghead:

He's a parrot.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 02:29:40 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=738536

Newsmax
Report: Fox News' Hannity Paid Newt's Jet to Indy to Meet Trump
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 08:28 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Fox News host Sean Hannity paid for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich to fly to Indianapolis on a private jet to meet with Donald Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee nears his vice presidential announcement, according to news reports.

Gingrich met with Trump on Wednesday morning, CNN reports.

Hannity and a Fox News representative responded to initial inquiries about the flight, according to the report, but did not do so when asked about Hannity's role in it.

Gingrich, 73, who is considered a leading candidate for the No. 2 slot, did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.

The former Georgia congressman, who served two decades in the House, was released from his Fox News contract on Tuesday amid the vice presidential speculation.

Hannity has long backed Trump in the race for the Republican nomination — and he endorsed Gingrich for vice president on Tuesday on his Fox News program.

"I wouldn't be happy with anyone but Newt," he said.

Gingrich, who appeared last week with Trump at a rally in Cincinnati, is among two top candidates for the job.

Newsmax reported in May that he was the leading choice, quoting a top Trump confidante.

The presumptive nominee also interviewed Indiana Gov. Mike Pence on Wednesday — and he talked with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie via telephone from Washington.

Trump will announce his selection on Friday in New York, campaign chairman Paul Manafort told CNN on Wednesday.

Hannity must think he's some kind of kingmaker.

What a deluded fool he is.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 02:51:13 pm »

To be fair I haven't listened to Hannity before he was kissing Donalds a**. Got tired of his routine
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 03:10:47 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/287676-hannity-defends-private-jet-flight-for-gingrich-as-friendly-favor

Hannity defends private jet flight for Gingrich as friendly favor

By Joe Concha - 07/13/16 09:26 PM EDT

Sean Hannity said Wednesday that flying potential vice presidential candidate Newt Gingrich to meet Donald Trump on a private jet was a favor to an old friend.

CNN reported Wednesday afternoon that the Fox News host flew Gingrich to meet Trump in Indiana as the presumptive GOP nominee closes in on his running mate choice.
"I have known Newt Gingrich since 1990. I emceed his event the night he became Speaker of the House in 1994," Hannity said in a statement to The Hill. "He has been a long term, very dear friend of mine and is a private citizen. Whatever favors I do for my friends is my business.”

Hannity, an opinion host who has worked at the network since its inception in 1996, has been vocal in his support of Gingrich as Trump's VP choice. Earlier this week, he said this to Gingrich on his Fox News program, "Hannity":

"Who would be best at prosecuting the case against Hillary Clinton in terms of the list that he has? Who would be best in terms of making the case and articulating the case for Donald Trump with a positive voice like you have? Who would be the person that would pretty much be assured a win in any presidential, vice presidential debate?"

"I think you’ve checked that corner," Hannity continued. "Who has balanced the budget and given us a surplus? Who has the ability to work with Congress? I check all the boxes, and you're right there at the top, and I think you'd be the right choice."
Hannity has always maintained he's a talk show host, not a journalist, and therefore should not be held to same ethical standards. 

This week Fox News suspended Gingrich's contributor agreement, citing a potential conflict of interest if Gingrich were to be selected as Trump's running mate. 

A source close to the situation also told The Hill that Gingrich wasn't likely to be hired back by the network because of the likelihood he would join a Trump administration in another capacity if the Republican wins in November.

Trump will announce his running mate on Friday in New York, according to campaign manager Paul Manafort.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 03:19:54 pm »
Whether he is viewed as just a commentator or not...Hannity is an employee of a Global News Organization.  And while I realize that things like standards and fair reporting practices are the punchline to jokes these days it gives the appearance of impropriety and quid pro quo.

Sean flies Newt to meet with Trump...Newt gives Hannity an exclusive interview after he becomes VP.

Quid pro quo.

Now that being said...IMHO if Sean was NOT on Fox News and just doing his radio show...then this is a mole hill being made into a mountain.

But because he broadcasts from the Fox Studios just off Times Square in NYC...he's gotten himself into potential trouble with this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 03:42:05 pm »
So...

whose jet was it....

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 04:12:41 pm »
I'm seem to recall that Hannity complained about Matthews for pimping Obama.. However, I don't recall Matthews flying anybody to meet with Obama.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 04:18:05 pm »
Whether he is viewed as just a commentator or not...Hannity is an employee of a Global News Organization.  And while I realize that things like standards and fair reporting practices are the punchline to jokes these days it gives the appearance of impropriety and quid pro quo.

Sean flies Newt to meet with Trump...Newt gives Hannity an exclusive interview after he becomes VP.

Quid pro quo.

Now that being said...IMHO if Sean was NOT on Fox News and just doing his radio show...then this is a mole hill being made into a mountain.

But because he broadcasts from the Fox Studios just off Times Square in NYC...he's gotten himself into potential trouble with this.

I think that Ailes has lost control at Fox News.. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 04:33:36 pm »

Because paying for favors to a billionaire who brags about his vast wealth and said he was going to self-fund his entire campaign (and thereby not be 'owned' by anyone) is such wisdom.

Hannity is just another Presstittue.  Maybe Trump sends tingles up his leg too.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 05:33:42 pm »
So...

whose jet was it....

Hannity has a fractional share with NetJets or some other private charter outfit.    Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham have talked about hitching rides with Sean as he does his various appearances, book tours etc.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 06:00:36 pm »
It's not so much "Fair and Balanced" when the News people set out to alter the stories to their own favor or agenda.

Of course, Hannity will say he is not a reporter, but he sure says "these are facts" in his commentary a lot.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 07:37:55 pm »

Because paying for favors to a billionaire who brags about his vast wealth and said he was going to self-fund his entire campaign (and thereby not be 'owned' by anyone) is such wisdom.

Hannity is just another Presstittue.  Maybe Trump sends tingles up his leg too.

Trump had Sean eating out of his hand the minute he said 'yeah. sure. maybe I'd take a look at that' when Sean offered up his 'Penny Plan' as a possible policy fix for the budget mess.

Goodness gracious how Sean swooned.

Somehow I think Hannity, like David Hasselhoff, thinks he can fix the world. Trump is his instrument.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 01:54:05 am »
Huh?