Author Topic: Evangelicals rally behind Trump while atheists back Clinton  (Read 719 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Evangelicals rally behind Trump while atheists back Clinton
Ruth Gledhill  13 July 2016

Evangelicals in the United States are rallying behind Donald Trump while it is the "nones" who back Hillary Clinton, according to new reserch.

The latest Pew Research Center survey finds that despite the professed wariness toward Trump among many high-profile evangelical Christian leaders, evangelicals are, if anything, even more supportive of Trump than they were of Mitt Romney at a similar point in the 2012 campaign.

Nearly eight in ten white evangelical voters say they would vote for Trump if the election were held today, including a third who "strongly" back his campaign.

Meanwhile, voters who describe their religion as "atheist," "agnostic" or "nothing in particular" are lining up behind Clinton, much as they supported Barack Obama in 2012.

Two-thirds of religiously unaffiliated registered voters say they would vote for Clinton if the election were held today.

"Considering both groups are quite large, the votes of white evangelical Protestants and religious 'nones' could be important to the outcome of the 2016 election," says Pew in its report.

White evangelical Protestants make up one-fifth of all registered voters in the US.

Religious "nones," who have been growing rapidly,  make up one-fifth of all registered voters.

The support for Trump among Christians is solid even though many evangelical leaders have suggested it is incompatible with evangelical principles and beliefs. In the survey, more than half of white evangelical voters say they are dissatisfied with the choice of presidential candidates.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/evangelicals.rally.behind.trump.while.atheists.back.clinton/90498.htm
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Evangelicals rally behind Trump while atheists back Clinton
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:49:29 am »
The headline has been true going as far back as the Dixiecrat period when the Bible Belt slowly turned Republican. But it looks like you did not read far past the headline, for the story clearly states that in historic numbers evangelicals are not excited about either candidate, and really like no other time before have hold their nose.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:50:06 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:55:02 am »
The headline has been true going as far back as the Dixiecrat period when the Bible Belt slowly turned Republican. But it looks like you did not read far past the headline, for the story clearly states that in historic numbers evangelicals are not excited about either candidate, and really like no other time before have hold their nose.
However, a Hilary helper has been alleging Evangelicals would not vote for Trump. For people who let polls think for them this says otherwise.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 03:02:21 am »
He's going to have to win over a lot more demographics than evangelicals to even have a chance. Hillary is killing him in the all important women voter category.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 03:10:41 am »
He's going to have to win over a lot more demographics than evangelicals to even have a chance. Hillary is killing him in the all important women voter category.
He has youth, evangelicals, independents and swing states etc.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 03:29:14 am »
church-going conservatives overwhelmingly rejected Trump

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 03:46:47 am »
As usual you speak untruth.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 05:14:23 am »
It's comforting to see that most Evangelicals are reasonable people and not infected with the self destructive bent towards moral narcissism. They don't like their two choices but they are smart enough to understand that there are HUGE differences between the two....and that a Hillary presidency would be expansively more left wing than a Trump one. They aren't less moral than our resident pontificators, they just have more common sense and practical wisdom. Kudos to them!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 09:21:09 am »

The media can't even describe what an evangelical is but they constantly make sweeping declarations about depending on what use the media has for them/us at the moment.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 09:37:49 am »
The media can't even describe what an evangelical is but they constantly make sweeping declarations about depending on what use the media has for them/us at the moment.

Exactly. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online LMAO

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 11:36:51 am »
 Mech, you're  a living, breathing contradiction. You repeatedly reject all polls that are bad news for Trump but then you post this

He has youth, evangelicals, independents and swing states etc.

How do know this to be fact? The only way you could make that statement is through the use of polling data.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:38:46 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 11:40:10 am »
Mech, you're  a living, breathing contradiction. You repeatedly reject all polls that are bad news for Trump but then you post this

How do know this to be fact? The only way you could make that statement is through the use of polling data.
Primary results and crowd demographics. But for those who believe in polls there is some of that too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 12:06:37 pm »
Primary results and crowd demographics. But for those who believe in polls there is some of that too.

Primary results?? You're joking, right? Operation Chaos voting is how your gauging support for Trump?

You named all the groups that are with Trump. By what percentages does he have these groups ?  Not just a " I saw them at a rally." I mean real numbers. You also stated again you don't believe in polls but you stated he has the swing states. The only way you could tell that is through polling

You have a bad case of "Data Denial Syndrome."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:12:53 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 12:19:01 pm »
Primary results?? You're joking, right? Operation Chaos voting is how your gauging support for Trump?

You named all the groups that are with Trump. By what percentages does he have these groups ?  Not just a " I saw them at a rally." I mean real numbers. You also stated again you don't believe in polls but you stated he has the swing states. The only way you could tell that is through polling

You have a bad case of "Data Denial Syndrome."
Operation Chaos is a myth of the Establishments this election as proven by the CLOSED Primaries. Its hypocrisy on the antis part to claim Trump is a Liberal then also make the claim liberals want him to lose.

Online LMAO

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 12:26:06 pm »
Operation Chaos is a myth of the Establishments this election as proven by the CLOSED Primaries. Its hypocrisy on the antis part to claim Trump is a Liberal then also make the claim liberals want him to lose.

You're still avoiding my guestion. I'll ask again. If you don't believe in polls, but you stated Trump has all these different demographics and swing states in his corner, then by at what percentages does he have them and what basis are you using to make the claim he has the swing states?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:32 pm »
You're still avoiding my guestion. I'll ask again. If you don't believe in polls, but you stated Trump has all these different demographics and swing states in his corner, then by at what percentages does he have them and what basis are you using to make the claim he has the swing states?
By observing enemy action. If he was doing as bad as they claim, they would not be attacking him 24/7 and acting really angry and upset with him.

Online LMAO

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 12:45:54 pm »
By observing enemy action. If he was doing as bad as they claim, they would not be attacking him 24/7 and acting really angry and upset with him.

You're still dodging the question.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 12:52:47 pm »
You're still dodging the question.
You tried to frame what I could say, aka tried to put words in my mouth. I answered the issue and not in the way you wanted. In other words, you are not as slick as you thought you were.  :nono: