Author Topic: Indiana: 'Guardian angel' girl, 9, saves the life of abandoned newborn baby after discovering her covered in maggots with umbilical cord and placenta still attached in her backyard  (Read 1044 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'Guardian angel' girl, 9, saves the life of abandoned newborn baby after discovering her covered in maggots with umbilical cord and placenta still attached in her backyard

A young Indiana girl is being credited with saving the life of a newborn baby she found abandoned on Monday morning.

Elysia Laub, 9, thought one of her family's baby pigs had escaped from its pen when she saw something small and pink that was crying and kicking its little legs in the backyard of her home.

'I knew it was alive and I knew we had something. I could not second guess myself. I knew we had to get help,' said Elysia.

The young girl ran inside and got her mother who immediately had her daughter call 911 after discovering the baby still had its placenta and umbilical chord attached - and was covered in maggots.

The quick thinking of Elysia and her mother saved the baby's life.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3686281/Guardian-angel-girl-9-saves-life-abandoned-newborn-baby-discovering-covered-maggots-umbilical-cord-placenta-attached-backyard.html