Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Obama Plan to Give Up Internet Control ‘Likely Illegal’  (Read 541 times)

Online libertybele

Ted Cruz: Obama Plan to Give Up Internet Control ‘Likely Illegal’

WASHINGTON — Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) called on Congress to stop the Obama administration from giving away control of the Internet without congressional authorization — a move Cruz said is likely illegal.

Since 1998, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), a nonprofit organization that assigns domain names for the Internet and manages IP addresses, has operated under a contract with the U.S. Commerce Department’s National Telecommunications and Information Administration. The NTIA plans to end its relationship with ICANN on Sept. 30.

“We built the Internet, and America maintains it as free for all. We don’t use it in an imperialist manner to impose our views on others, we maintain it as an oasis of freedom because we are a nation dedicated to principles that are reflected in the Bill of Rights and especially the First Amendment. What is going through the minds of Obama administration when they say, ‘Let’s just give it away?’” Cruz said during a Heritage Foundation event on ending the U.S. contractual relationship with ICANN.

“Who in their right mind looks at the Internet and says, ‘You know what we need. We need Russia to have more control over this.’ What is the thought process behind that? And I might note what the Obama administration is doing is also likely illegal. The United States Constitution prohibits transferring government property to anyone else without the authorization of Congress,” he added....

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2016/07/12/ted-cruz-obama-plan-to-give-up-internet-control-likely-illegal/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

As usual, Ted Cruz stands almost alone against the left.

Offline Suppressed

Without trying to derail the thread, I find it humorous that I was just pondering this... and realized I had no way of knowing whether Trump -- because of his lack of consistent principles -- would first back Cruz's statement and then reverse himself, or go against Cruz then reverse and claim to support it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Cruz is a true Constitutional Conservative. Too bad there aren't more of them.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace

A good godly man! He could have easily abandoned us/US after his loss, but he didn't.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

geronl

Without trying to derail the thread, I find it humorous that I was just pondering this... and realized I had no way of knowing whether Trump -- because of his lack of consistent principles -- would first back Cruz's statement and then reverse himself, or go against Cruz then reverse and claim to support it.

All I know is that Trump wanted to shut down parts of the internet and thinks free speech claims are foolish

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Amen.

It is a technological invention behemoth, that much like patenting, needs to benefit the USA. 

Maybe worst stupid federal government foreign giveaway since the Panama Canal.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It could be blatantly ILLEGAL, but that doesn't matter anymore does it if no one will bother upholding the law.

Hillary is case-in-point.

There is no more law, except what Obama, the Left and the Ruling Class say it is.

So Ted is just pissing into a hurricane.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

While it's a really bad idea to give up control... I don't see how it would violate any laws on the matter.