Author Topic: Trump co-chair grilled on Trump's claim of 'moment of silence' for Dallas shooter  (Read 446 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump co-chair grilled on Trump's claim of 'moment of silence' for Dallas shooter

By Nick Gass 
07/13/16 08:22 AM EDT

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-dallas-shooting-moment-of-silence-225467#ixzz4EIuaMJ6m

One of Donald Trump's top policy advisers and co-campaign chairmen on Wednesday struggled to substantiate the presumptive Republican nominee's claim at a rally the previous night that "some people [have asked] for a moment of silence" for the Dallas gunman who killed five police officers last week.

"Well, I have seen it reported that we have seen some very interesting moments in dealing with this tragedy," Sam Clovis told CNN's Chris Cuomo during an interview on "New Day."

Cuomo preceded his line of questioning by remarking that it is similar to months ago when Trump claimed to have seen Muslims celebrating in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, asking Clovis if he could elucidate the details of what Trump was referring to Tuesday night in Westfield, Indiana.

"But calling for a moment of silence?" Cuomo pressed.

"Well, it depends on the context, I guess, Chris," Clovis responded. "And frankly, I've had my nose buried in other issues. I'm not dodging your question."

Cuomo was not buying it.

"Sam, you're dodging it. You're dodging it. You're doing it artfully, but you're dodging it," the anchor remarked, as Clovis denied that he was doing so. "Context, my eye. Either you've seen they were calling for a moment of silence or you haven't."

Offline Mechanicos

Desperate liberal claptrap.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Any help out there to put some backup to this latest off the wall comment from Trump?

If he "saw it on one of the shows" there should be a record of it.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Come on then. Find the moment of silence for the Dallas shooter.

Offline Mechanicos

Come on then. Find the moment of silence for the Dallas shooter.
Glad to see the anti-Trumps are this desperate.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

Did Trump say it or not?

Offline sinkspur

This is more Trump lying.  There is no evidence that anybody called for a moment of silence for the Dallas shooter. 

The former Miss Alabama called the guy a martyr, but then later apologized.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We could all use a moment (or several) of silence from Trump... his supporters most of all.

They've been playing defense for two months.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Glad to see the anti-Trumps are this desperate.

Any  idea when Trump is going to stop subverting himself with these daily doses of stupidity? On July 5, James Comey pushed my loathing of HRC as CINC to the breaking point. As of today, I would cast a vote for Trump, solely to deny Clinton becoming my Marine son's CINC.

That was an event that Trump had no control; yet his poll numbers (which we all know you love) jumped in light of July 5.

But instead of focusing on the existential threat   of a Clinton as CINC, Trump flails around 140 characters at a time or spouting garbage off the top of his head.