Author Topic: Trump: Justice Ginsburg's 'Mind Is Shot — Resign!'  (Read 626 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Justice Ginsburg's 'Mind Is Shot — Resign!'
« on: July 13, 2016, 01:33:22 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=738379

Newsmax
Trump: Justice Ginsburg's 'Mind Is Shot — Resign!'
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 07:25 AM

By: Loren Gutentag

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump fired back at Ruth Bader Ginsburg early Wednesday morning, calling on the Supreme Court justice to not only step down from her post, but also claimed that her mind is "shot."

Just hours after CNN ran a story in which Ginsburg called the real estate mogul a "faker" for not releasing his tax returns, Trump took to Twitter:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Justice Ginsburg of the U.S. Supreme Court has embarrassed all by making very dumb political statements about me. Her mind is shot - resign!
11:54 PM - 12 Jul 2016

The fresh attacks come after Ginsburg told The New York Times on Sunday that she doesn't want to "contemplate" what a Trump presidency would look like.

"I can't imagine what this place would be — I can't imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president," Ginsburg told the Times. "For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don't even want to contemplate that."

According to previous reports, Trump appeared to be jolted by the remark, which was an uncharacteristically frank opinion for a Supreme Court justice.

"I think it's a disgrace to the court and I think she should apologize to the court. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. That she should be saying that?" Trump said. "It's so beneath the court for her to be making statements like that. It only energizes my base even more. And I would hope that she would get off the court as soon as possible."

According to The Washington Times, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell chimed in by noting that it was "totally inappropriate" for Ginsburg to criticize Trump.

He added that members of the Supreme Court should refrain from commenting on U.S. elections.

"It raises a level of skepticism that the American people have from time to time about just how objective the Supreme Court is, whether they're over there to call the balls and strikes, or weigh in on one side or another," McConnell said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Trump: Justice Ginsburg's 'Mind Is Shot — Resign!'
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 01:39:35 pm »
Very stupid on Ginsberg's part to comment like this.
But then again, she is a liberal, so everything has a political agenda, even as a Supreme Court Justice.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:40:09 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:06:23 pm »
Very stupid on Ginsberg's part to comment like this.
But then again, she is a liberal, so everything has a political agenda, even as a Supreme Court Justice.

Ginsberg embarrassed the SC with her comments. I cannot recall when a Justice made such a comment in the past. She is radically opposed to the Founding Principles. She should be censured and removed from her position.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:58:55 pm by Mechanicos »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 03:22:30 pm »
I agree with her comment about Trump.  I don't think I've ever agreed with her about anything before this.  So I won't criticize.  Besides, how is Trump any better with what he said in response?

Ginsburg is a Supreme Court Justice.  She should avoid any appearance of partiality particularly of any matter which could involve Trump when and if he becomes President.  Trump is an individual campaigning for President.  He has no duty to sit and take any attacks from a left wing shill.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:22:55 pm by MBB1984 »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 04:49:57 pm »
I agree with her comment about Trump.  I don't think I've ever agreed with her about anything before this.  So I won't criticize.  Besides, how is Trump any better with what he said in response?

I am not a Trump supporter, but Ginsberg's comments were completely out of line.
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 05:07:08 pm »
Two kids in kindergarten fighting over a Lincoln Log

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 05:08:08 pm »
"I can't imagine what this place would be — I can't imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president," Ginsburg told the Times. "For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don't even want to contemplate that."

According to previous reports, Trump appeared to be jolted by the remark, which was an uncharacteristically frank opinion for a Supreme Court justice.

Time for Ruth to get hauling on Twitter?
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta