Author Topic: Fox News Suspends Agreement With Newt Gingrich, Further Stoking VP Buzz  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How childish.

Better that you can actually elucidate instead of just being a mindless bully.

Wow, you escalated that mild little exchange right up! 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Problem is no real new talent with a future will risk all on a trump gambit. Which leaves a has been. And there are few of those with Newts creds. Heck, Newt actually was my man last cycle. Best of what was there.

Exactly.  Newt has nothing to lose.  Where is he going, Trump or no Trump?  It would be a dream job for Newt and I always kinda liked Newt but there isn't a candidate in the world who would get me to vote for Trump.

Therefore I'm hoping Newt gets this last hurrah.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

They both have 6 wives together..

There was a time when people were aghast over one divorce.  Didn't Adlai Stevenson have a divorce?  Now, anything goes apparently.

Newt is probably through but Donny will be into number 4 as soon as he either loses or wins.

Mrs. Newt must use the same hair spray as the Donald. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I am sorry, Fantom, that you cannot accept political reality, but the media portrayal of Gingrich stuck, and guaranteed Clinton's re-election.  And they'd kill him even worse today.

As for Gingrich ... well, he turned out to be something less than honorable, in many different ways.
That was more a result of a weak candidate in Bob Dole, the continued presence of Ross Perot, and the infamous power of incumbency than anything Gingrich did. Remember, Clinton won with a plurality both times.

As much of a weirdo as Gingrich is now—and it is really sad to see what he's become, not just on Trump but a number of issues—Gingrich really did do a good job restoring conservatism to national influence, and his presence was felt for almost a decade after he left (despite the efforts of that perv Hastert and other phony big-government "conservatives" that led to the rise of Obamaism).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline r9etb

Gingrich really did do a good job restoring conservatism to national influence, and his presence was felt for almost a decade after he left (despite the efforts of that perv Hastert and other phony big-government "conservatives" that led to the rise of Obamaism).

I'll give Newt his due.  But his influence actually diminished once he became Speaker, which is a job that demands practical political skills (which to us out in Kombat Keyboard land looks suspiciously like compromise).  Newt is a fine idea guy, but he couldn't get his hands around the politics.  His missteps as Speaker were serious enough to resurrect Bill Clinton's presidency.