Author Topic: Ted Cruz to fly with Obama aboard Air Force One to Dallas memorial event  (Read 16416 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-obama-dallas-memorial-event-2016-7

Sen. Ted Cruz accepted an invitation from President Barack Obama to travel aboard Air Force One on Tuesday to Dallas for an interfaith memorial honoring the victims of last week’s attack.

The news was reported by multiple reporters who spotted Cruz at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland where the president’s plane departs from.

Sen. Ted Cruz was invited and accepted White House's invitation to ride aboard Air Force One to Dallas today
    — Ali Rogin (@AliABCNews) July 12, 2016

.@tedcruz is traveling to Dallas with President Obama today on Air Force One, at the invitation of the President.

How nice of Cruz to fly on Af1 with the man responsible for all these police murders.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:35:15 pm by flowers »

Offline skeeter

Good. Maybe Obama can deliver a lecture on the Constitution to Cruz while en route.

I love to hear that conversation.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Good. Maybe Obama can deliver a lecture on the Constitution to Cruz while en route.

I love to hear that conversation.

Slap at Donny Boy. King Obie giving Cruz the opportunity to look presidential.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This is SOP as the Senator from the State where this occurred as they are making an official visit as representations of two bodies of the government.  They are representing their branches of government, not making political statements in the 'ride share'. Now, once they get there, I'm sure political statements will fly from the President.

Online Lando Lincoln

This is SOP as the Senator from the State where this occurred as they are making an official visit as representations of two bodies of the government.  They are representing their branches of government, not making political statements in the 'ride share'. Now, once they get there, I'm sure political statements will fly from the President.

Agreed.  As despicable BO is and can be, this is standard procedure.  Cruz may like it less than we do but this is not about him.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Right_in_Virginia

How nice of Cruz to fly on Af1 with the man responsible for all these police murders.

It's that magical brand of honor @flowers

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Why not go back to TOS with all your 'splodie head friends?
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Is that supposed to mean something? I don't understand.

Silver Pines

Is that supposed to mean something? I don't understand.

It means they expect Cruz to stand around scowling (or to have refused the ride) or he has no "honor."  In other words, to make it all about him.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

That is audacious. You who arrived here barely two months ago from TOS with your nasty TOS manners, telling somebody that has been on BR for over seven years, to leave ??

You and others like you have turned BR into the echo chamber you now claim to have left.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

Dude, please don't. Let's refrain from getting all personal and pulling the FR thing demanding people leave.

Offline Mod2

How about ONE topic where we stay ON topic? Topic is not TOS or (by anticipation) Donald Trump.

geronl

Of course, but if he refused the ***** would still attack him for that.

edit -off topic. Realize post time was close. But cleanup underway.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:44:31 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

I agree. I can't say that Cruz did anything wrong here in accepting the invitation to fly with the POTUS on AF1.  As the senator from Texas and being an official event, would it have been better if he flew on a separate commercial jet at taxpayers’ expense?   :shrug:

And yes, of course Barry made it political.

**nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline ABX

On this issue, if Cruz had refused it would have been seen as a political protest.  If ever there is a time to be One Nation Under God, it is now out of respect for those police officers who gave their lives to protect Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Independents, or non voters or whatever else --- black, white, etc..even citizen and non-citizen.  They put their lives on the line for us all.  As their Chief said, they are hurting.  Let's love them whether we are Cruz people or Trump people or Johnson people or Obama or Hillary people.  Those officers' families need everyone.  I doubt they are all Republicans.  They need us all.

Agreed. This was a damned if you do, damned if you don't choice and how you view it comes down to if you like Cruz or not. I don't see how any other option other than the respectful showing he did, wouldn't have blown up in his face and completely changed the storyline to be about him shunning the president and disrespecting the event. I would have made the same choice Cruz did.

Offline Resp3

There really is no way to spin this ride with Bammie as a non political non-issue.

We were correct to assume the worst when Bush and Clinton used to share rides. For Cruz to give B. Hussein the dignity of accepting a free ride to Dallas is tantamount to accepting and endorsing the racist rhetoric Bammie just spouted for BLM and against the cops.

Ted should have known better.

Offline montanajoe

On this issue, if Cruz had refused it would have been seen as a political protest.  If ever there is a time to be One Nation Under God, it is now out of respect for those police officers who gave their lives to protect Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Independents, or non voters or whatever else --- black, white, etc..even citizen and non-citizen.  They put their lives on the line for us all.  As their Chief said, they are hurting.  Let's love them whether we are Cruz people or Trump people or Johnson people or Obama or Hillary people.  Those officers' families need everyone.  I doubt they are all Republicans.  They need us all.

:thumbsup2: Well said.

Offline flowers

There really is no way to spin this ride with Bammie as a non political non-issue.

We were correct to assume the worst when Bush and Clinton used to share rides. For Cruz to give B. Hussein the dignity of accepting a free ride to Dallas is tantamount to accepting and endorsing the racist rhetoric Bammie just spouted for BLM and against the cops.

Ted should have known better.
Yes he should have known better.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
********* reserve a special kind of hate for Ted Cruz they will never direct at Hillary.
Assuming you read the thread before you posted, I wonder how ignoring Mods is gonna work out for you. (The off topic thing....)

edit: Off topic after warning
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:46:58 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Fantom

How about ONE topic where we stay ON topic? Topic is not TOS or (by anticipation) Donald Trump.

Heh... that was funny.... "by anticipation" indeed.  Good one Number Two..... ;)  :whistle:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Lando Lincoln

Heh... that was funny.... "by anticipation" indeed.  Good one Number Two..... ;)  :whistle:

LOL! 
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

Assuming you read the thread before you posted, I wonder how ignoring Mods is gonna work out for you. (The off topic thing....)

My comment was neither about TOS nor Donald Trump.

However, if your point is I should try to avoid responding to non sequitur flame bait, fair enough.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
IT IS FOR THE FAMILIES OF THE DEAD AND INJURED.

Yes! It is about empathy. It's a shame you had to cap it, but that's the here and now it seems; selfish deadened deafened people.

[I blame it all on abortion, btw; but that's off topic.]
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online Lando Lincoln

I cannot become so cynical that I would fault a Senator for flying on AF1 given the circumstances.  In my view, this is not about the Senator.  It IS about Honor.  Frankly, I am happy I hold such a view. 
John Steinbeck

geronl

The *******  can't get over their vile hate. They just cannot let it go.
edit: I asked nice.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:50:30 pm by Mod2 »