Author Topic: A Hail Mary pass to save Obamacare: Obama calls for the Public Option  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: A Hail Mary pass to save Obamacare: Obama calls for the Public Option
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 01:02:18 am »
There is a mindset in the USA today that all the big issues in an individual's life should be overseen by the fed govt and other people should pay for it.

Yup.

And changing that mindset is key.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: A Hail Mary pass to save Obamacare: Obama calls for the Public Option
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 01:37:38 am »
Uhm, wasn't the "public option" the plan for 0bamacare all along?

Anyone with half a brain knew this was not sustainable and that there would be massive refusals to enroll...

Sure it was.   ObamaCare gets the right (access to health insurance covering pre-existing conditions) established with the public, the "private" system cobbled together by the legislation fails (for a myriad of reasons I can articulate but won't bother here) and then claim the right can't be taken away.   Turning back the clock is the phrase you'll hear.   The stage is set to make the "rescue" of the ADA a wedge issue in the campaign.   It's defending the status quo,  by golly, and throwing OPM at it.   

Trump can't cope with it.  He hardly understands the ADA,  and can't articulate more than slogans anyway.   This is the worst time possible for an unserious response to what the Dems are trying to do.     
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:38:41 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide