Author Topic: EU BANKS NEED £128 BILLION BAILOUT TO WARD OFF COLLAPSE!...........  (Read 394 times)

Offline WAC

david Folkerts-Landau, of Deutsche Bank, ....."‘Europe is extremely sick and must start dealing with its problems extremely quickly, or else there may be an accident,’ he said. ‘I’m no doomsday prophet, I am a realist.’................ the nation’s teetering banks, are sitting on £307billion of bad debt .

Their share prices have been hammered in the weeks since markets were shocked by Britain’s vote to quit the European Union, with Unicredit – Italy’s largest bank – losing 30.1 per cent of its value................More worryingly still, there is increasing evidence that savvy international investors are betting on a fresh financial crisis in Italy.

The UK’s City watchdog last week temporarily suspended short selling of shares in two banks, Credito Valtellinese and Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, as well as communications company Telecom Italia.

Although a huge push to cut interest rates and improve credit conditions might help some struggling lenders, others will suffer from ‘very negative profitability’ regardless of what happens,....The report also warned that even if there was such an effort, demand for loans might still not be high enough to allow improved profits.

taly itself has a public debt 133pc the size of its economy and is ill-placed to rescue its stricken banks. Government action is also forbidden under EU rules.

Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi seized on Brexit as an opportunity to beg for the right to launch a bailout, but his demands were rebuffed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3685601/EU-banks-need-128bn-bailout-Chief-economist-bloc-s-biggest-lender-warns-industry-heading-disaster-unless-action-taken.html#ixzz4E9rgyfB6

geronl

Re: EU BANKS NEED £128 BILLION BAILOUT TO WARD OFF COLLAPSE!...........
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 03:55:20 am »
Get out as fast as you can!

Offline WAC

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 04:22:10 am »
Get out as fast as you can!

It's going to roll...how far and fast is the question....if and when it does we're going to feel it here....

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 11:13:12 am »
The real reason that the European Union needed the UK.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline WAC

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 03:56:43 pm »
The real reason that the European Union needed the UK.

Indeed!.........as other countries determine to leave those controlling the coffers will be begging they not!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 02:16:42 am »
Title:
"EU BANKS NEED £128 BILLION BAILOUT TO WARD OFF COLLAPSE!..........."

Let them collapse.
Doing so is the ONLY way those economic entities will eventually be restored to a state of financial health once more...

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 02:25:07 am »
When did this come about?  Britain doesn't lose a thing by leaving.