Author Topic: DNC staffer Seth Rich, 27, dies after being shot multiple times at 4am in Washington DC  (Read 2007 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE DAILY MAIL

URL: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3685119/DNC-staffer-27-dies-shot-multiple-times-4am-Washington-DC.html

A 27-year-old Democratic National Committee staffer has died after being shot multiple times in Washington, D.C.

Seth Rich, director of voter expansion for the DNC, was gunned down in a street at around 4.20am on Sunday.

He was found conscious and breathing by police who had been patrolling the area and heard gunshots.

Rich was taken to hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

The attack took place on the 2100 block of Flagler Place NW, three blocks away from Howard University Hospital, not far from where Rich lived.

It comes after a spate of robberies in the neighborhood. 

There were no witnesses, police said.

In his last Facebook post, Rich appealed for an end to gun violence.

He wrote on Friday: 'I reiterate back to people stop hating each other. Too much pain to process.

'We have to be better and defend each other more true.

'A life is exponentially valuable. I have family and friends on both sides of the law.

'Please, stop killing each other.'

Describing himself on LinkedIn, Rich wrote: 'I have an enormous interest in public service and working towards making the world a better place.'

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz said in a statement on Monday morning: 'Our hearts are broken with the loss of one of our DNC family members over the weekend.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline mountaineer

D.C. is not a safe place to be, especially at night.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rodamala

Nothing "good" happens after midnight.

Offline r9etb

He wrote on Friday: 'I reiterate back to people stop hating each other. Too much pain to process.

'We have to be better and defend each other more true.

'A life is exponentially valuable. I have family and friends on both sides of the law.

'Please, stop killing each other.'

It's awful that this kid was murdered.  I hope they find his killer(s) and put them away forever.

But seriously.... that message: an object lesson in why one should not text or post while drinking....

Wingnut

Wait...I thought You can't be in possession of a handgun in DC.  I call the facts of his death in question. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The same neighborhood as Howard Univ. at 4 AM ?? What could possibly be wrong wif dis picture ?? Ultra naïve white boy
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
The same neighborhood as Howard Univ. at 4 AM ?? What could possibly be wrong wif dis picture ?? Ultra naïve white boy

yep...Textbook case for concealed carry.

RIP

:smokin:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
There was actually another similar story some months back.  I think the other story was about a staffer for some Democrat in DC.

Rest In Peace.

Of course, one wonders some about being idealistic. The man hailed from Nebraska.

Nonetheless, quite a tragedy; horrid crime.

'Dedicated' DNC staffer, 27, dies after being found shot multiple times in the back at 4am on a deserted Washington DC street just two days after he posted on Facebook telling people to 'stop killing each other'

Seth Rich, 27, was the director of voter expansion for the DNC
    He was shot twice in the back in quiet street near his home on Sunday
    Nebraska-born Rich died in a local hospital an hour later
    There were no witnesses, police offering up to $25,000 for information
    Roommate said he may have been coming home from girlfriend's house
    Flowers have been placed at the site where Rich was murdered 

A 27-year-old Democratic National Committee staffer has died after being shot multiple times in the back in Washington, D.C.

Seth Rich, director of voter expansion for the DNC, was gunned down on a quiet residential street at around 4.20am on Sunday.

He was found conscious and breathing by police who had been patrolling the area and heard gunshots. Rich was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead at 5.57am.

His death comes just two days after he shared a post on Facebook appealing for an end to gun violence.

Continued: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3685119/DNC-staffer-27-dies-shot-multiple-times-4am-Washington-DC.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:26:37 am by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

Rest in peace, young man.

There will be many collateral losses as they tear down and tear apart the Republic.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rest in peace, young man.

There will be many collateral losses as they tear down and tear apart the Republic.

Sad and true.  RIP. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

DC, New York, Atlanta political and media circles, your day is either just starting or just ending at 4AM. The news cycles of the day start between 3AM and 4AM as editorial departments start to draft the stories for the morning shows and papers. I know several in NY media whose schedule is 3AM to noon or 8PM to 5AM.   

Offline biff

Seth, Seth, Seth, didn't he play a part in "House of Cards"? :whistle:

Offline musiclady

Son lives there, but fortunately is ex-military.......... and not naïve.....

RIP, Seth.  Naivete shouldn't kill people, but in this case, it may have done just that.

What a tragedy.....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:29:03 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline r9etb

Son lives there, but fortunately is ex-military.......... and not naïve.....

Subtly stated. I like it.

Offline Suppressed

I hope this isn't in bad taste, but I just found myself wondering whether his last moments were a realization that his worldview was wrong.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

Notorious for bad sections but DC is very nice in parts.

So, that goes for everywhere I guess.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:53:13 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

With all due respect to the deceased; looking at the pictures, it does look like they might have lived a bit of a partying lifestyle and after all, this is DNC staffing.

But we learn the hard way. I was once in a pretty bad section of town before I learned the lay of the land. This guy was from Nebraska.

DC also has those all-night bars; perhaps that contributed to the situation. He may have been inebriated. Very sad.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:56:49 am by TomSea »