Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsburg: It Could Have Been Worse. Scalia Could Have Lived.  (Read 512 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: PATTERICO's PONTIFICATIONS

URL: http://patterico.com/2016/07/10/ginsburg-it-could-have-been-worse-scalia-could-have-lived/

You think I’m exaggerating with that headline? I wish I were. Justice Scalia and Justice Ginsburg were friends, we were told. I bet Justice Scalia believed it. But this New York Times interview (SEE HERE: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-no-fan-of-donald-trump-critiques-latest-term.html ) suggests . . . something different:

One of the 4-4 ties, Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association, averted what would have been a severe blow to public unions had Justice Scalia participated. “This court couldn’t have done better than it did,” Justice Ginsburg said of the deadlock. When the case was argued in January, the majority seemed prepared to overrule a 1977 precedent that allowed public unions to charge nonmembers fees to pay for collective bargaining.

A second deadlock, in United States v. Texas, left in place a nationwide injunction blocking Mr. Obama’s plan to spare more than four million unauthorized immigrants from deportation and allow them to work. That was unfortunate, Justice Ginsburg said, but it could have been worse.

“Think what would have happened had Justice Scalia remained with us,” she said. Instead of a single sentence announcing the tie, she suggested, a five-justice majority would have issued a precedent-setting decision dealing a lasting setback to Mr. Obama and the immigrants he had tried to protect.

Think what would have happened” if my friend had remained alive.

Things could have been worse.

If my friend had remained alive.

Beware befriending a radical leftist. Yes, they might like you. But if it would further their political agenda, they might like you better dead.

Offline skeeter

The rest of us are hoping Ruth Bader Ginsberg gets a chance to dine with Justice Scalia real soon.

If thats at at all possible. They will likely end up spending eternity in decidedly different locales.

Offline Crazieman

I don't stay friends with leftists. The knife is always hovering behind you. They are NOT your friends. They want to be your slavemaster.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

geronl

I don't stay friends with leftists. The knife is always hovering behind you. They are NOT your friends. They want to be your slavemaster.

Very true

Offline cammie

The rest of us are hoping Ruth Bader Ginsberg gets a chance to dine with Justice Scalia real soon.

If thats at at all possible. They will likely end up spending eternity in decidedly different locales.

Exactly.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Justice Scalia and Justice Ginsburg were friends, we were told. I bet Justice Scalia believed it

Sad...I bet Justice Scalia thought they were friends...little did he know
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

Eventually, all on the left reveal themselves.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Mom MD

SOURCE: PATTERICO's PONTIFICATIONS

URL: http://patterico.com/2016/07/10/ginsburg-it-could-have-been-worse-scalia-could-have-lived/

You think I’m exaggerating with that headline? I wish I were. Justice Scalia and Justice Ginsburg were friends, we were told. I bet Justice Scalia believed it. But this New York Times interview (SEE HERE:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-no-fan-of-donald-

trump-critiques-latest-term.html
) suggests . . . something different:

Think what would have happened” if my friend had remained alive.

Things could have been worse.

If my friend had remained alive.

Beware befriending a radical leftist. Yes, they might like you. But if it would further their political agenda, they might like you better dead.
[/quot

Classy old bat isn't she   I hope she lives long enough to see a rock solid conservative appointed to her seat when she finally slinks away
God is still in control