Author Topic: Trump on looming VP decision: 'I do very much like the political'  (Read 862 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/287217-trump-on-vp-pick-i-do-very-much-like-the-political

July 11, 2016, 11:44 am
Trump on looming VP decision: 'I do very much like the political'

By Mark Hensch

Donald Trump on Monday said he is leaning toward a running mate with political rather than military experience as he narrows down his list of choices.

“I have five people, including the general,” he said, referencing retired Lt. General Michael Flynn, according to The Washington Post. "I do like the military but I do very much like the political. In my mind I have someone that would really be good.”

The Post said the presumptive GOP presidential nominee plans on announcing his vice presidential pick in the “next three to four days” and is believed to be considering former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and Govs. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) and Chris Christie (R-N.J.).

Trump said he is leaning against picking a former military official because national security is already a strength of his candidacy.

“I have such great respect for the general but believe it or not, that will be one of my strong suits,” he said of Flynn. "I was against the war in Iraq from the start.”

Trump added that “great chemistry with me” and someone “who can help you win” will be factors in his final decision. A running mate with political experience, he added, would help unify the GOP ahead of next week's Republican National Convention in Cleveland.

“I don’t need two anti-establishment people. Someone respected by the establishment and liked by the establishment would be good for unification. I do like unification of the Republican Party.”

Trump brushed off talk that the Never Trump movement could deny him the Republican presidential nomination in Cleveland next week.

“Not even a little bit,” he said when asked if he was worried about not getting formally nominated.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RedHead

Re: Trump on looming VP decision: 'I do very much like the political'
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 05:29:51 pm »
Trump said he is leaning against picking a former military official because national security is already a strength of his candidacy.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

geronl

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 05:36:34 pm »

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 05:46:33 pm »
"Trump said he is leaning against picking a former military official because national security is already a strength of his candidacy.

“I have such great respect for the general but believe it or not, that will be one of my strong suits,” he said of Flynn."

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 05:49:08 pm »

And then Trump said....

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 05:52:01 pm »
I hope it is Chris Christie just because I need the laughs. It would be the icing on the doughnut.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 05:56:13 pm »
My educated guess here is it will be Sessions.
Reason, Trump awhile back gave the desired job qualifications he wanted for a VP- they included at least 20 years legislative experience and loyalty. Of the known VP candidates only 2 meet the at least 20 years legislative experience, Newt and Sessions. Of those two, Sessions has shown the most loyalty not disagreeing with Trump in public while Newt has.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 06:09:18 pm »
Whoever Trump picks he will be a useful tool and a yes man to the Pyrite King.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 06:14:43 pm »

And then Trump said....

It's always Trumpappropriate!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 06:32:34 pm »

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Maybe he could have made up for him his own medals. A whole chest full of them all shiny and polished bright with colored ribbons,  just like many third world dictators and puppet leaders do.  Yea, I'm picturing it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 06:36:55 pm »
Maybe he could have made up for him his own medals. A whole chest full of them all shiny and polished bright with colored ribbons,  just like many third world dictators and puppet leaders do.  Yea, I'm picturing it.

Idi Amin Dada Trump ....President for life

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 06:40:54 pm »
To my way of thinking, picking the general is the only way he can possibly salvage his candidacy.   Trump's delusional if he thinks foreign policy is his strength.  It's the thing that scares folks the most, both here and around the world.   The general can hopefully temper Trump's narcissism, impulsiveness and craziness.   None of the political choices help him in the slightest.  Of course, Trump is so nuts he doesn't feel he needs help, only blind loyalty and obedience.   

What could possibly be more dangerous than a batspit-crazy Donald Trump surrounding himself with yes-men?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 06:44:22 pm »
What could possibly be more dangerous than a batspit-crazy Donald Trump surrounding himself with yes-men?   

:pondering:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 06:46:10 pm »

HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON!!!!!! That's who!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2016, 07:10:08 pm »
HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON!!!!!! That's who!

Respectfully,  that's why Trump must be denied the nomination.  As a practical matter, I don't fear Trump because I know he can't be elected.  But Hillary can and will -  unless we put up a nominee who isn't worse (in the eyes of most Americans) than she is.

I'll say it again - if you are truly #NeverHillary you must be #NeverTrump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 07:31:05 pm »
Respectfully,  that's why Trump must be denied the nomination.  As a practical matter, I don't fear Trump because I know he can't be elected.  But Hillary can and will -  unless we put up a nominee who isn't worse (in the eyes of most Americans) than she is.

I'll say it again - if you are truly #NeverHillary you must be #NeverTrump.   
if you Antis were the majority your guy would have won. But the fact is you got skunked and had to steal States with Caucus games because the Voters rejected all you say who could do better.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RedHead

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 07:47:28 pm »
if you Antis were the majority your guy would have won. But the fact is you got skunked and had to steal States with Caucus games because the Voters rejected all you say who could do better.

We were the majority.  Trump got 13.3 million votes.  Cruz, Kasich, and Rubio combined got 15.3 million.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 08:14:20 pm »
We were the majority.  Trump got 13.3 million votes.  Cruz, Kasich, and Rubio combined got 15.3 million.
Not individually by a long shot and Trump was the 2nd choice of most who voted for them. So your democrat talking point is a dishonest one.

The issue is the insane argument that candidates who could not beat Trump can beat Hillary.