Author Topic: Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'  (Read 9079 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 05:57:07 pm »
The problem is that he agrees with Trump on the issue.

This is a hearts and minds issue.

What are Hillary and her VP's nominees stances?

C'mon, let's not grasp at anything to throw the only chance we have to keep the vile, treacherous Hillary Clinton and her retinue of evil ghouls out of the most powerful political office in the world.

When I started posting here again a year or so ago I asked "Please make your case why I should support Donald Trump in a field of guys like Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal and Rick Perry?"   

I was never satisfied with any answer Trump's supporters gave.   But ..... HE WON!

He won.  Now what?   Cower in our misery and usher Hillary and her longstanding criminal enterprise into the White House again to follow the steps of the most corrupt administration ever?

No.  I'm not going to allow my imagination to go directly to the worst possible outcome of a Trump Administration when I KNOW what another Clinton Administration will entail.

Let's get our heads out of our asses people.  Trump is a malleable narcissist, Hillary is a seasoned corrupt wanna-be despot who will take Obama's duplicity and double it.

Absent a Cleveland miracle, I'm expecting to support Trump.   He's any sane patriot's Hobson's choice.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:02:53 pm by ArneFufkin »

Wingnut

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:11:25 pm by MOD3 »

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2016, 06:04:26 pm »
Has this guy articulated a position on anything other than national security?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2016, 06:18:58 pm »
Well, for starters, if Trump is impeached or worse, he becomes the President.

Actually it is "impeached and removed by Senate vote." And get back to me with precisely how many times that has occurred in our history as a nation.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 06:19:16 pm »

C'mon, let's not grasp at anything to throw the only chance we have to keep the vile, treacherous Hillary Clinton and her retinue of evil ghouls out of the most powerful political office in the world.

When I started posting here again a year or so ago I asked "Please make your case why I should support Donald Trump in a field of guys like Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal and Rick Perry?"   

I was never satisfied with any answer Trump's supporters gave.   But ..... HE WON!

He won.  Now what?   Cower in our misery and usher Hillary and her longstanding criminal enterprise into the White House again to follow the steps of the most corrupt administration ever?

No.  I'm not going to allow my imagination to go directly to the worst possible outcome of a Trump Administration when I KNOW what another Clinton Administration will entail.

Let's get our heads out of our asses people.  Trump is a malleable narcissist, Hillary is a seasoned corrupt wanna-be despot who will take Obama's duplicity and double it.

Absent a Cleveland miracle, I'm expecting to support Trump.   He's any sane patriot's Hobson's choice.

It's a moral issue, and Trump is on the wrong side of it, as he is every other moral issue.

He's more than a malleable narcissist, Arne.  He's a malignancy on every value I hold as a Conservative American, and every bit as dangerous as Hillary, because he's every bit as corrupt.

I'm not cowering in misery.  I'm abstaining from voting for evil.  This isn't the same as any past election.  The R candidate is every bit as liberal as the D candidate.  And I don't vote for immoral liberals, no matter what letter is after their name.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 06:21:46 pm »
....Trump is a malleable narcissist, Hillary is a seasoned corrupt wanna-be despot who will take Obama's duplicity and double it.

Dammit, I hate to agree with that... but, I do.  I hate that we're about to be in this type of position yet again. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:22:13 pm by Sanguine »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »
Dammit, I hate to agree with that... but, I do.  I hate that we're about to be in this type of position yet again.

We've never been in this position before, Sanguine.

We've never had both candidates be pro-abortion, amoral, corrupt liberals before.

We've had a choice in the past, even with weak or bad candidates.  We've never had a candidate who opposes every value we have.

Voting for Trump is not an option.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2016, 06:30:32 pm »
What possible influence can the VPOTUS have on the abortion issue?

He can break a tie in the Senate, among other things.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2016, 06:31:11 pm »
Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/potential-trump-vp-abortion-women-have-be-able-choose-n606691?cid=sm_fb

"Abortion, I think it's a, I think for women, and these are difficult issues, but I think women have to be able to choose," Flynn said, when asked whether he believed in a woman's right to an abortion.

Marjorie Dannenfelser, the president of the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List, said in a statement that Flynn's comments were disqualifying....

To be pro-choice is to be anti-woman.

Marjorie Dannenfelser understands this; she was being kind and professional in using the word "disqualifying." I think Jesus would have said something more like, "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how can you flee from the judgment of Gehenna?" -Matt 23:33
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2016, 06:43:09 pm »
Notice how similar his speech pattern is to Trump? Lots of unfinished sentences allow the listener to fill in the blanks any way they choose.

BINGO.

On every topic he addresses.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2016, 07:01:18 pm »
We've never been in this position before, Sanguine.

We've never had both candidates be pro-abortion, amoral, corrupt liberals before.

We've had a choice in the past, even with weak or bad candidates.  We've never had a candidate who opposes every value we have.

Voting for Trump is not an option.

McCain fits that bill.

Silver Pines

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2016, 07:02:12 pm »
They claim its Trump's party now and we get a former male Olympian in a skirt and heels, the RNC trying to ease the GOP platform stance on gay marriage, and now we're going to welcome abortion through the gates.

Yup, Trumpers are doing a bang up job.

Well, I'm having a laugh and enjoying it all.  If Trump picks this guy, I'm going to laugh even harder the next time someone tells me I have to support the ticket.

Silver Pines

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2016, 07:03:44 pm »
Of course it hasn't changed.  He has proven to be completely clueless on life issues.

It simply doesn't matter to him........... other than the fact that he supports Planned Parenthood, and has said that he is "completely pro-choice."

Why wouldn't he pick a soul mate to be his VP candidate?

That's the thing.  It's amazing that Republicans are shocked at this when Trump has made his own liberalism clear all along. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2016, 07:06:41 pm »
You hypcrites!

You know damned well the gopE is pro-gay and pro-abortion.

You only bring this up every four years fishing for a few 'christian' votes, then drop it instantly the day after the election.

HYPOCRITES!

Laura Bush For Gay Marriage & Pro-Choice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNabdDx_mU

I don't support them, either.

Look at what Trump has done.  He has Republicans defending a pro-choice Democrat for VP.  I never thought I would see it, but here it is.

HonestJohn

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2016, 07:14:46 pm »

It looks like the Mods don't approve of the words "Zombie Jesus" or "Raptor Jesus".

Maybe they should explain why?

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »

Sorry, not having it.

My heart, my mind, and my conscience tell me that God would hold me responsible for supporting a pro-abort simply because I was panicked about Hillary and feared her more than Him.

I don't have a lot of patience with the concept that Hillary is some supernatural world-destroying ghoul whose evil can never be equaled.  YES, she's horrible, but we've built her up into some kind of Cthulhu-like mythical figure before whom we all must cower.  As bad as she is, there can always be someone just AS bad.  And he's running against her. 

I'd say that those who think a babykilling stance is more acceptable because there's an "R" behind the name are the ones with their heads up their asses.  If you want to sell your soul for an election, do it, but don't expect me to keep you company.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2016, 07:24:18 pm »
No McCain does not even come close.  He was a rotten candidate and way too liberal in some areas.  He had a love affair with the democRATS that was very odd.  He also had a massive grudge over the Keating 5 scandal that colored everything else he said and did.  But he was not dishonest.  He was not a bully in the sense that Trump is.  He was not a slanderer.  We may have been very unwise about some issues, but you could pretty much take his words to the bank in the reliability area.  He was not a flip-flopper.  I am sure he has changed positions once in awhile over the years.  But Trump changes positions hourly.  Trump is a con man.  A fraud.  A bully.  A liar.  A mocker.  A slanderer.  A massive ego.  A blasphemer (yes, I mean that.  He said Jesus had a big ego.  Obviously he has never read Philippians 2.)  Trump is such a horrible choice that I would rather see Hillary win.  I think Hillary is a hideous choice.  But Trump is worse.  I will not vote for either.  Just sayin'.

I was only addressing the objective similarities.  And, in that respect McCain is just as much the globalist, left-leaning type that Trump is.  And, if I were addressing the subjective, I might point out that McCain is probably every bit the narcissist that DT is.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2016, 07:27:58 pm »
 quote author=RAT Patrol link=topic=215443.msg960402#msg960402 date=1468178165]
Did they delete something you said?  Are we living in Deleteville now?
[/quote]

We'll leave those up there for now so there can be clarity that trivializing a figure whom many members worship is unnecessarily offensive and invites flame war.  Posters might consider editing their comments or we could lock this thread.

Wingnut

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2016, 07:28:46 pm »
It looks like the Mods don't approve of the words "Zombie Jesus" or "Raptor Jesus".

Maybe they should explain why?

Someone is being over zealous.  Cheeto jesus will not be denied.
maybe nancy will have a discussion with the butthurt mod.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2016, 07:30:04 pm »
McCain fits that bill.

Actually, McCain, though a horrible candidate, has a pretty strong pro-life record.

The two are not comparable, IMO.

HonestJohn

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2016, 07:31:31 pm »
Did they delete something you said?  Are we living in Deleteville now?

I replied to a post that refered to Trump as 'cheetoh Jesus'.

My response:

Zombie Jesus and Raptor Jesus do not approve of cheetoh Jesus.

---

And that warrants deletion and a warning?!?

BTW: both are internet memes, documented here:
http://knowyourmeme.com

Neither use profanity or nudity.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 07:33:05 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline unknown

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2016, 07:31:47 pm »
What possible influence can the VPOTUS have on the abortion issue?

Irrelevant.

This shows that Donald J. Trump does not care about pro-life issues!!!!

**nononono*

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2016, 07:32:41 pm »
To be pro-choice is to be anti-woman.

Marjorie Dannenfelser understands this; she was being kind and professional in using the word "disqualifying." I think Jesus would have said something more like, "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how can you flee from the judgment of Gehenna?" -Matt 23:33

Completely agree that being pro-abortion is being anti-woman.

Both of those are true of Trump.  He supports killing babies...... even while they are being born, and belittles women at every turn.

The two go hand in hand in Donald Trump.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2016, 07:38:26 pm »
Sorry, not having it.

My heart, my mind, and my conscience tell me that God would hold me responsible for supporting a pro-abort simply because I was panicked about Hillary and feared her more than Him.

I don't have a lot of patience with the concept that Hillary is some supernatural world-destroying ghoul whose evil can never be equaled.  YES, she's horrible, but we've built her up into some kind of Cthulhu-like mythical figure before whom we all must cower.  As bad as she is, there can always be someone just AS bad.  And he's running against her. 

I'd say that those who think a babykilling stance is more acceptable because there's an "R" behind the name are the ones with their heads up their asses.  If you want to sell your soul for an election, do it, but don't expect me to keep you company.

:)
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline unknown

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2016, 07:38:53 pm »
They claim its Trump's party now and we get a former male Olympian in a skirt and heels, the RNC trying to ease the GOP platform stance on gay marriage, and now we're going to welcome abortion through the gates.

Yup, Trumpers are doing a bang up job.

Ya, certainly a serious problem.

I HATE the GOPe, RINOs, establishment republicans, etc..., and in no way could I vote for any of them - Kasich, Jebbie, Romney, Bush, McCain, etc. etc.

Is Trump any different than any of them? He presented himself as different. Was it all a lie? Possibly - I really hope not... because a lot of people have bought into him: hook line and sinker. Look at TOS as a good example of what was once a conservative Christian group that promoted conservative Christian values. And they pushed out Ted Cruz and have fully embraced "The Art of the Deal" Trump.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)