Author Topic: Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'  (Read 1441 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/americans-urged-to-buy-a-gun-get-trained-carry-it-always/article/2596052

Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'
By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 7/9/16 8:54 AM

Calls for strict gun control following a deadly week in America come despite new statistics that show gun deaths plummeting as sales of firearms soar.

According to the industry's trade group, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, homicides by gun have dropped 43 percent since 1991. Other crime with a gun such as robberies have decreased even more, by 70 percent since 1993.

In a graphic display of the numbers, NSSF also showed that unintentional deaths with a gun have dropped 82 percent.

Along the way, gun sales have soared to 140 million a year.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 02:56:31 pm »
Waiting on my Concealed Pistol License....any day now....

:smokin:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:18:38 pm »

If you lived in New Hampshire, you'd have one by now. I've had mine for 18 years. $10 every four years, simple application, one week to approve. Of course, if either of us lived in Vermont, we wouldn't need one (Constitutional Carry).

We managed to get the same bill through our legislature this year, but our Democrat governor, who is currently seeking a Senate seat, vetoed it.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 03:31:02 pm »

If you live in California your name had better be Methuselah.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 03:38:08 pm »
Here in Washington, open carry is the law of the land.  There are some restrictions but not many.

For a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) I submitted an application form, a set of fingerprints and a check for $55.80 to the local Sheriff's Office, who has 30 days to process and issue a 5 year renewable CPL.  Next week will mark 30 days.  I don't expect any problems as I have already completed background checks for several weapons.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 07:37:05 pm »
Here in Washington, open carry is the law of the land.  There are some restrictions but not many.

For a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) I submitted an application form, a set of fingerprints and a check for $55.80 to the local Sheriff's Office, who has 30 days to process and issue a 5 year renewable CPL.  Next week will mark 30 days.  I don't expect any problems as I have already completed background checks for several weapons.

No one ought to be subjected to fingerprinting for exercising a Constitutional right. I'm not crazy about background checks either, more because of their proven ineffectiveness than any notion that they lack a legitimate and rational purpose, which is to prevent felons and mentally unbalanced people from obtaining weapons. Those are valid purposes in my mind. The problem is that we have to trust our government to enforce them, at which they often and demonstrably do a poor job. 

Anyway, glad to have you as a member of the CCW family. I know you will take it with the gravity and responsibility it requires.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 10:09:19 am »
And that is exactly what I plan to do when I get back to the states.  Already been looking at some pieces that would make noce concealed carry weapons.  Mini-me is interested in learning too...so I get the joy of teaching him as well.

Not sure if I should let Household 6 near a Gun...gotta check to see if my SGLI covers death by a Texas Ginger! LOL!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!