Author Topic: Antique SKS rifle used by Dallas Killer (not AR15)  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Antique SKS rifle used by Dallas Killer (not AR15)
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 01:18:31 am »
(see previous post, it was an AK-74), however, SKS are commonly modified. Stock they come with fixed magazines, but it takes about 20 minutes to put an aftermarket stock on it that accepts traditional magazines. I've bubbaed a couple of those like that.
The ten round magazine is the 'traditional' magazine for the SKS. They can be modified to accept AK magazines, but most folks would just go and buy an AK if that was what they wanted. There is a 'paratrooper' variant that has detachable magazines, but they are unwieldy.

Commonly, the method of reloading a conventionally configured SKS involves taking a stripper clip with ten rounds on it, placing it at the front of the bolt (which locks open when the rifle runs 'dry'), and pressing with the thumb on the top round to push the ten rounds off the stripper clip into the magazine, then removing the stripper clip. With a little practice, this can be done as fast as a magazine change on an AK.

About 15 years ago, these rifles were common, either new in the box or arsenal refitted, depending on nation of origin for anywhere from 95 to about 180 dollars (Chinese to East German). The current price is around $300, and those tend to be Yugoslavian variants.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 01:23:48 am »
Sickeningly...........in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre the msm blamed a rifle that we saw being removed by the police from the trunk of the killer's auto.............AFTER THE KILLINGS.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 01:31:41 am »

http://lawofficer.com/2016/07/exclusive-photo-of-the-saiga-ak-74-rifle-used-at-dallas-shooting/
Well, that puts the discussion back into "assault rifle" territory for the gun grabbers. Have they settled on the number of shooters yet?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 01:39:19 am »
Philando Castile - Media Fans Flames Of Racism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3j34rJytl8&feature=youtu.be
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self