Author Topic: The Philando Castile shooting just threw into question a central belief people have about the US policing system -- If you comply, you won't be harmed  (Read 8800 times)

Offline goatprairie

There's not as many as the media and those aforementioned "certain people" make it out to be.

Cops are on edge everywhere....and can you blame them?  From the President on down they are being told they are racist...that they kill black people on purpose for no reason at all...police funerals are protested by these BLM ass clowns where the most horrible things are said about the fallen officer...and then you have Communist Style show trials like what is going on in Baltimore.

I think everyone needs to just sit back and let ALL the facts come out before passing judgement or convicting these cops.
By "certain people" I mean those who are promoting the lie that the police go around indiscriminately gunning down black people.  Those people would be the BLM scum, the president, and assorted liberals.

Offline goatprairie

Fact: The man was pulled over for a taillight. Not speeding. Not wreckless driving. A damn taillight. I never understood why cops stop cars for bad taillights...mail the car owner a warning.
Fact: The man had a woman and a child in the car. Not three rowdy gangstas. Right there, the cop should have holstered his weapon.
Fact: The man properly identified his status as a licensed concealed carry. These are the types of people we conservatives are supposed to stand behind - a law abiding citizen

I don't have all the facts, but I have enough to know that Baltimore is one thing. This is another.
"I don't have all the facts,"

That's right....you don't have all the facts. Yet you are making a judgement after admitting you don't have all the pertinent info. Now it might turn out it was a wrongful shoot, the cop was too quick on the trigger and must face the consequences.
But we still don't know everything. Let's wait for the facts to emerge first.

Offline bolobaby

It should NEVER happen.  There is no excuse for a cop shooting a man who has TOLD HIM HE HAS A CONCEALED WEAPON!!!  That's what all CCL holders are told to tell cops when they're stopped.

I'll tell you what happened here.  The guy was black, he reached into his pocket and the scared cop shot him.  As the governor said "If this had been a white couple, they'd still be alive."

Too many trigger happy cops these days.

I'm not sure I agree with the statement, "If this had been a white couple, they'd still be alive."

Trigger happy cops shot white people, too, at traffic stops. Like this 70 year old white guy reaching for his cane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd-hnUOg2gI

No charges for this cop, no protests, no wall-to-wall news coverage. Just an old man getting shot for not doing exactly what was expected of him.

https://www.policeone.com/officer-shootings/articles/7467156-SC-deputy-wont-face-charges-in-shooting-of-man-reaching-for-cane/

The press needs to stop propagating this lie that cops only shoot blacks. They may be 3x more likely to shoot unarmed blacks, but - then again - in all fairness, blacks are 6x more likely to commit murder.

http://www.colorofcrime.com/2016/03/the-color-of-crime-2016-revised-edition/
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
By "certain people" I mean those who are promoting the lie that the police go around indiscriminately gunning down black people.  Those people would be the BLM scum, the president, and assorted liberals.

@goatprairie that's exactly who I thought you were referring to.  :beer:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

It sure is comforting, to realize cops shoot white people, too. What a relief.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bolobaby

This was an exceptionally bizarre social media phenomenon:  A woman's partner is shot sitting next to her and her first thought is to log into Facebook and live stream the mayhem.    With ongoing commentary to her audience.   Just bizarre.

I hate to point this out, but most blacks fantasize regularly about being the victim of racism. Ouch, right? (I can't believe he just said that!)

So, if you were a UFO buff, and you finally saw a UFO, nothing in the world would stop you from trying to film it.

I still think that - based on what I currently know - it appears that this cop was absolutely in the wrong, but - if you want to know why the woman would film - well... there's your answer.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SirLinksALot

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/08/officer-who-shot-philando-castile-identified.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Officer Who Shot Philando Castile Identified

NAME: JERONIMO YANEZ.

FROM ANCESTRY.COM:

www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=yanez

Yanez Family History. Spanish (Yáñez): patronymic from a variant of the personal name Juan, Spanish equivalent of John. Compare Ibanez.Americanized spelling of Slovenian Janež, a derivative of the personal name Janez, Latin Iohannes

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

FROM ANCESTRY.COM:

Yanez Family History. Spanish (Yáñez): patronymic from a variant of the personal name Juan, Spanish equivalent of John. Compare Ibanez.Americanized spelling of Slovenian Janež, a derivative of the personal name Janez, Latin Iohannes

The deceased named "Philando Castile" which could also be Hispanic surname. In many places it would not be unusua--to be black with an Hispanic namel.

But really what difference do their respective races or names matter?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

FROM ANCESTRY.COM:

Agustín Yáñez
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agust%C3%ADn_Y%C3%A1%C3%B1ez

Yes, that last name was the name of a famous Mexican writer as well. It jumped out at me. Obviously, Jeronimo is likely a very Hispanic first name.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/officers-identified-philando-castile_us_577f1c95e4b01edea78d50ce
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:12:20 pm by TomSea »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
truth_seeker wonders:
"But really what difference do their respective races or names matter?"

It matters.
In this case, it matters very much so.

Because the whole meme behind "black lives matter" is that white lives don't.
Because before the truth comes out (or is under-reported), the presumption is that an "innocent" black man was gunned down by a white cop.

When I first read about this yesterday, the natural inclination was that the cop erred.
But now the actual facts are being revealed, as distinguished from the "media narrative".

And the facts may not fit the narrative.

I sense within the next week, a lot is going to be revealed that can't be seen right now...

geronl

I'll tell you what happened here.  The guy was black, he reached into his pocket and the scared cop shot him.  As the governor said "If this had been a white couple, they'd still be alive."

Lots of white people are getting shot by cops too. Or maybe the cops thought they were acting black or something.

Offline verga

Standard logic would be if someone is a CCW holder and correctly identifies himself as such, as required by law, he is not only a law abiding citizen (except for that darn taillight- criminal!!!) but would be someone extra trustworthy in pretty much any situation like that because he has undergone a background check (multiple) and training.
I was pulled over once while carrying concealed. I was on my way back home from the gun club I was a member of. Kept both hands on the steering wheel and told the officer I was carrying. asked him what he wanted me to do. I complied with every direction he gave me and we both went home uninjured.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So it turns out that Mr Castile had quite the arrest record and was wanted in connection with a recent armed robbery.

Looks like this traffic stop wasn't so innocent after all.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

Lots of white people are getting shot by cops too. Or maybe the cops thought they were acting black or something.
Lots of white people? Show me the statistics please.

Offline verga

You're one dumb ass. Big ole cops have to shoot a teenage girl with a knife?  You must be a big p-word.
@WAC @sinkspur Did you ever hear of the 21 foot rule? I had to break up a fight between two girls at an inner city school, it turned out the one gilr had a straight razor in her pocket. I am pretty suyre she was not intending to catch a quick shave between classes.
It is possible to stab or slash a person 21 times in less than 5 seconds with a knife. I have a training video of martial artist Billy Bryant doing just that.
Make no mistake a knife is a deadly weapon.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mechanicos

We know what we saw in the video.  And the video clearly shows the cop doing nothing to help the guy he just (wrongly) shot as he lay there bleeding to death.  Instead, he stood and pointed his gun at the woman and told her to keep her hands where they were.  Even SHE couldn't help her dying boyfriend.

I'll gladly wear "nut" if it means condemning the actions of this bastard cop.
No we DO NOT know what was in the video because we only have the part she showed. Nothing prior to it which is where the material facts are. And we do know she lied. Claimed is was a pull over for a tail-light out, during daylight hours, already debunked by Police Dispatch records prior to the shooting.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

For all the knuckle-draggers who think Castile was some kind of gang-banger:

Philando Castile memorized the names and allergies of all 500 kids in his cafeteria

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=215276.new#new
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

So if someone does a good thing, that negates a bad thing?  Believe that or you are a knuckle-dragger?   Come on Sink.  You're smarter than that.

The guy had his hand right next to a gun.

Where?  On some conservativetreehouse video? 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://bluelivesmatter.blue/philando-castile-robbery-suspect/

The picture is here too; but yes, the question will be where does that picture come from?

Too bad the police did not ask the occupants to step out of the car.  Perhaps that kind of protocol would work. It sounds like it is in a largely residential area, not a busy street.

Happening around 9 PM so, it could have been starting to get dark.

Philando always seems to wear glasses, the picture of the robbery in the convenience store is unclear; but it looks a bit like the suspect is wearing sunglasses to me.

The police should release more details as they did in Ferguson when that happened.

Offline sinkspur

I refuse to ever visit the hideous conservativetreehouse.  Here is where I got the info:  http://bluelivesmatter.blue/philando-castile-robbery-suspect/

Also there is a video of the two of them smoking pot on their way to a fireworks show with the kid in the backseat, which is not relevant to the shooting but does show a different side of them.  It's posted on one of these Castle threads.

Smoking pot is legal in three states. And one pic has him with a bottle of vodka, which, again, is legal for an adult to have.

The effort to portray this guy as a drug dealing thug(no evidence at all of that) is coming from one place, the same website that misidentified Trayvon Martin's girlfriend, causing holy hell for the young woman.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You're one dumb ass. Big ole cops have to shoot a teenage girl with a knife?  You must be a big p-word.

Stop with the personal attacks, Sink. Weren't you banned for a whole month a while back for something similiar?

Offline sinkspur

Stop with the personal attacks, Sink. Weren't you banned for a whole month a while back for something similiar?

Are you a mod?